FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Online Trading for Beginners

Online Trading for Beginners

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am

Roboticfx

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Online trading allows you to work independently in stock market. You have the ability to keep in touch with your shares. You can get correct decision because you know the current situation very well. To me, it's very difficult to do trading through broker. There are so many other advantages also. Very Happy

22Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 am

windi5

I know some experienced ppl do even 2 or 3 swing trading per day with a single share. There are many entering and exit points in those so called rallies. At one point it can be sky rocking,then come back due to resistances. Most of our beginners enter to the party at those resistance levels risking there money. Its better to study the mkt and the shares,Patiently, before doing any kind of trading whether its online or through brokers.

23Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 pm

hunter

My view based on past experience:

Trading is like swimming.
You might see, standing near the pool, how elegantly experienced swimmers go from one end to the other, do a roll and come back to this end and so on.

If you have never swum, can you dive jump from the deep end do the same?

Learning to trade is also like learning to swim.

You will never learn it by watching from outside. You have to jump into the water. But better to enter into the water from the shallow end; slowly; step by step.

So, for beginners, I recommend start on your own, do mistakes and learn, learn from others, learn and learn. You have to learn it the hard way.
Water will go inside your nose for sure when you forget not to breath underwater.
But, for good sake, don't jump to the deep end first; just take a dip in the shallow end first. i.e. Don't put big amount of money first; just use some money you can consider as your 'training fee' first.

Happy trading lessons.

Last edited by hunter on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

24Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 pm

tanzanite

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
yeah so true, great word!!

25Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:14 pm

NimeshaJK

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@hunter wrote:My view based on past experience:

Trading is like swimming.
You might see, standing near the pool, how elegantly experienced swimmers go from one end to the other, do a roll and come back to this end and so on.

If you have never swum, can you dive jump from the deep end do the same?

Learning to trade is also like learning to swim.

You will never learn it by watching from outside. You have to jump into the water. But better to enter into the water from the shallow end; slowly; step by step.

So, for beginners, I recommend start on your own, do mistakes and learn, learn from others, learn and learn. You have to learn it the hard way.
Water will go inside your nose for sure when you forget not to breath underwater.
But, for good sake, don't jump to the deep end first; just take a dip in the shallow end first. i.e. Don't put big amount of money first; just use some money you can consider as your 'training fee' first.

Happy trading lessons.

well said.. and that's exactly what I did.. my investment was Rs. 5000.. if I loose the whole thing it's still 5000, but I'll gain a lot of experience. Experience is what counts in the market..
Cheers!!!

http://njkentertainment.freeforums.org/index.php

26Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:18 pm

enslive

enslive
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Hi everyone,

Today is the best day for DAY TRADING.. see the index movements. I brought Blue.X @ 4.70 and just sold @ 5.20. LGL.X @ 27.70 & 28.50. If you see the pattern you can grip it easily
For me, Blue.X is more risk counter than LGL.X therefore tries to sell at any cost during the day .However LGL.X is willing to hold even 3 month @ 27.70 level

Calculate how much you can afford to lose and then enter into the world best professional gambling business Wink

27Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:06 am

windi5

windi5
Ordinary men learn from their own mistakes but wise men learn form others as well.

28Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:46 am

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Angrybird wrote:I recently stated online trading, Since Im working in doha and small investor it is difficult to contact advise however i asked advice so many times though emails but he never replied. here is my story
I had FLCH bought @3.90and sold it today @4.40 Very Happy then i realized huge buying pressure (last traded qty price cell always blinking in green ) so then I bought larger qty @4.50 thinking it will hit by 5 same day. Rolling Eyes but price never went up. wht to do.... Sold the same qty (4.20-4.30)
I had the same experience in RAL too..

Lesson learned:
Should have more patient
Should do some basic home works
Should understand instant profit will always go with a risk

EAST bought @ 43.50*2500 Share Sold @ 50*2500 Shares bought another 2000 @ 43.50 last friday sold @ 38.50

29Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:21 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Oh pradeeptha,
Anagaththa neda kalabala wenna gihin? Embarassed Cool

30Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:52 pm

amilaela

amilaela
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
kkkkkkkk

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001851586843

31Online Trading for Beginners - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Trading for Beginners Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 pm

chucks

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Im also a beginner & here's my experience...
Bought LITE @11.70
It was down by bout Rs.2/3 through out bout 2 weeks. Sold @12.60 as it suddenly went up. But it reached 15.XX.

It was the same with the other shares which I bought - BLUE, JINS, KHL, TESS

Also I've never seek advices from an S-Advisor...

Very Happy...Extremely useful thread..Very Happy

Last edited by chucks on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar correction)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum