FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

RICH massive capital gain

+11
rijayasooriya
Chinwi
Gaja
bakapandithaya
PGNN
manula
ninja
early
nkalansu
WildBear
Slstock
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1RICH massive capital gain  Empty RICH massive capital gain Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

http://cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/8991316430322_.pdf

RICH has accepted Mandatory offer to sell 25% of its holdings of AAIC.

So capital gain should be roughly around Rs 859 Million. Works out to be about Rs 0.44 per share ( need to double check) Not too shabby at all if I did not make a mistake.

Last edited by slstock on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

2RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:44 pm

WildBear

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I heard RICH planning into a new insurance firm, I think they've just got the necessary capital

3RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:30 pm

nkalansu

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

As per the announcement the RICH group will get funds around Rs.1,125.7 Million (1.12 Billion).

So what would be the likely impact on the share price. What would you guys thinks of where these funds will be invested?

4RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:54 pm

early

Manager - Equity Analytics

nkalansu wrote:As per the announcement the RICH group will get funds around Rs.1,125.7 Million (1.12 Billion).

So what would be the likely impact on the share price. What would you guys thinks of where these funds will be invested?

The prudent investements by RICH are paying off. Rich share price was affected due to a large provisioning of 626 Mn during last quater, in view of the plantation wage hike. Therefore the share price was stagnating bettween Rs 10/- and Rs11/-. The present inflow of funds that you have mentioned is allmost double that amount and should give a tremendous boost to the vaue of the share. I feel RICH would get back to the Rs 15/- to Rs 16/- trading range it was in during the early part of the year quite soon.

5RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

ninja

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Smile The price 120/= seems a very good price as the price valuation report suggested only 79-80 a share. Isn't it a good deal for RICH?

6RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:54 pm

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Soft logic company is going to buy... for 120 Rs... How they got a such money.. from the high value IPO...

7RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:25 am

Slstock

Slstock

nkalansu wrote:As per the announcement the RICH group will get funds around Rs.1,125.7 Million (1.12 Billion).

Correct but you need to deduct investment costs from total gains. Hence my profit calculation of around 859million.

8RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:30 am

nkalansu

slstock wrote:

Correct but you need to deduct investment costs from total gains. Hence my profit calculation of around 859million.

Actually I was not talking about the profit or the gain. What I was referring to the amount of cash that the company is getting.

Effectively they are getting cash around Rs. 1.12 Bn. Well you can do lot of things with those funds. Put up 2 new shopping malls OR invest in plantations OR put up a new insurance company OR Put up a new Finance company OR Put up a Hotel.......etc etc etc..........so many things.

What would be the best investment????

Disclosure : I hold RICH shares and very optimistic of this company

Last edited by nkalansu on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

9RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 am

PGNN

early wrote:

The prudent investements by RICH are paying off. Rich share price was affected due to a large provisioning of 626 Mn during last quater, in view of the plantation wage hike. Therefore the share price was stagnating bettween Rs 10/- and Rs11/-. The present inflow of funds that you have mentioned is allmost double that amount and should give a tremendous boost to the vaue of the share. I feel RICH would get back to the Rs 15/- to Rs 16/- trading range it was in during the early part of the year quite soon.

Currently (20.09.2011 - 11.30am) RICH.N trading at Rs10.30, so it's seems to be at a bargain.

10RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 am

ninja

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Don't forget they have plans to expand their business into education sector. Currently, there is a 11000 million annual cash outflow for foreign education. This seems a big business untouched so far. As we know, RICH does things big like their super markets. Let's hope something good comes out of this deal.
NOTE: I have RICH shares and I may be over optimistic on this share.

11RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:27 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

nkalansu wrote:
slstock wrote:

Actually I was not talking about the profit or the gain. What I was referring to the amount of cash that the company is getting.

Effectively they are getting cash around Rs. 1.12 Bn. Well you can do lot of things with those funds. Put up 2 new shopping malls OR invest in plantations OR put up a new insurance company OR Put up a new Finance company OR Put up a Hotel.......etc etc etc..........so many things.

slstock - ana gaththaneda lol!

12RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

i thing they will use part of this money to meet the capital requirement of there new insurance company. This is only a guess!

13RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

bakapandithaya wrote:
nkalansu wrote:
slstock wrote:

bakapandithaya
Senior Equity Analytic

bakapandithaya
joined 3 days ago , already made 87 posts ! .
Talking like a well known guy appearing in a fake name ?. Wink

14RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Slstock

Slstock

bakapandithaya wrote:
nkalansu wrote:
slstock wrote:

nkalansu
Yes I see what you are saying. I think they might go for an Insurance company. But also there was talk about an education project.

bakapandithaya

What is there to anaganna. For me to take time to calculate and present the gains to the forum? The selling total nkalasu says and the profit gain I mentioned is different as investment cost needs to be deducted from selling total to calculate gain.

Should I stop wasting my time presenting these facts to you so you can do it yourself?

Kindly understand that nkalasu and myself is having educated discussion.

BTW, like Chinwi pointed out your style reminds me of another person in this forum who used to
LOL lol!

Last edited by slstock on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

15RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:23 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:bakapandithaya
What is there to anaganna. For me to take time to calculate and present the gains to the forum? The selling total as nkalasu says and the profit gain is different.
Should I stop wasting my time presenting these facts to you so you can do it yourself?

බකපණ්ඩිතයො කියන කතා ගනන් ගන්න හොඳ නැහැ

16RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:24 pm

PGNN

I think we all need to respect others. People can make mistakes, errors, typographical problems, etc etc.... . what ever the case I think we need to respectfully respond to others. I don't think any one of us is 100% perfect. If each and every topic posted in this forum is going to be ended up with fire fightings and harsh arguments, it will be the end of purpose of this forum. To my understanding this should be a "table of knowledge and experience sharing". Not only under this topic I have seen certain other recent topics, ends up with a kind of a harassment to the contributors.
"The more we get together, together, together.
The more we get together, the happier we'll be.
‘Cause your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends
The more we get together the happier we'll be."

17RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Slstock

Slstock

PGNN wrote:I think we all need to respect others. People can make mistakes, errors, typographical problems, etc etc.... . what ever the case I think we need to respectfully respond to others. I don't think any one of us is 100% perfect. If each and every topic posted in this forum is going to be ended up with fire fightings and harsh arguments, it will be the end of purpose of this forum. To my understanding this should be a "table of knowledge and experience sharing". Not only under this topic I have seen certain other recent topics, ends up with a kind of a harassment to the contributors.
"The more we get together, together, together.
The more we get together, the happier we'll be.
‘Cause your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends
The more we get together the happier we'll be."

Agreed PGNN

If there is a mistake in post it is decent to point out in a polite way so it can be corrected. Is there any here?
If there is no mistake and one has nothing worthwhile to contribute to the post it is more decent to keep quite.

BTW, RICH is getting more attractive with the down trend. This was a share once trading at Rs 16. Got hit by Wage issue as the mother company. Next quarter the one time gratuity provision might not be there. So we can gather the direction RICH will be heading with regard to plantation sector. But due to their other intesrest ( financial, supermarkets, manufacturing, education, maybe insurance) this is
a diversified at low prices.

18RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:48 pm

cse.profit

cse.profit
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

rijayasooriya wrote:
slstock wrote:bakapandithaya
What is there to anaganna. For me to take time to calculate and present the gains to the forum? The selling total as nkalasu says and the profit gain is different.

බකපණ්ඩිතයො කියන කතා ගනන් ගන්න හොඳ නැහැ

slstock pandithyanta edanden yanna amarulu machan..hmm ....Some people sacrifice their valuable time and try to educate market and negative comments like this will definitely make them away from these kind of valuable forum. Hope every one remembered what happened to tubal.May god bless all of us..

kiwwoth nahii....nokiwwath nahii...eka nisa kiwwa hode...(Acoording to the insider information i got the latest film of ranjan will be a flop- I hope sec will not arrest me for insider dealing...)....hehehe..jokes apart please we are not blaming any one my freind. please let us all get together and make this forum a better place.

19RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market

slstock wrote:
bakapandithaya wrote:
nkalansu wrote:
slstock wrote:

nkalansu
Yes I see what you are saying. I think they might go for an Insurance company. But also there was talk about an education project.

bakapandithaya

What is there to anaganna. For me to take time to calculate and present the gains to the forum? The selling total nkalasu says and the profit gain I mentioned is different as investment cost needs to be deducted from selling total to calculate gain.

Kindly understand that nkalasu and myself is having educated discussion.

BTW, like Chinwi pointed out your style reminds me of another person in this forum who used to
LOL lol!

Dear Slstock...
You add value to the forum..
dont get anything seriuos
and any one can make mistakes but those who doing nothing do not make any mistakes...
Thank you presence here burning your valuable time

20RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Thanks for the reply chinwi, cse.profit, sl.market, rjayasooriya.

BTW if one is confused or interested

The Capital gain is around = 1125.7 - (25 + 37.5 + 204) = 859 Million

Selling Price = is around Rs 1125.7 Million

Capital gain is calculated using the Selling price (1125.7 million ) - initial investment (25 + 37.5 + 204)

21RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 pm

PGNN

slstock wrote:

Capital gain is calculated using the Selling price (1125.7 million ) - initial investment (25 + 37.5 + 204)

Very Happy - aha well explained cheers

22RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:23 pm

nkalansu

slstock wrote:

Oh dear.... oh dear.... oh dear................

What a discussion. Me and slstock are in the center of this discussion.

Well well.... I don't think slstock made a mistake..... can anybody show me whether he has made a mistake?? I don't think so. All the calculations are perfect. It is just that i was referring to the cash generated from this transaction which is basically the sales value. It is just a misinterpretation. That's ok. It has happened to me....it can happen to anybody.

However I too think that disrespecting others is not good thing. Not a good quality.

I personally believe that slstock does a great job to improve the quality of the discussions in this forum. I respect that.

Last edited by nkalansu on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar mistake)

23RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 pm

PGNN

nkalansu wrote:
slstock wrote:

Oh dear.... oh dear.... oh dear................

What a discussion. Me and slstock in the center of this discussion.

Well well.... I don't think slstock made a mistake..... can anybody show me whether he has made a mistake?? I don't think so. All the calculations are perfect. It is just that i was referring to the cash generated from this transaction which is basically the sales value. It is just a misinterpretation. That's ok. It has happened to me....it can happen to anybody.

However I too think that disrespecting others is not good thing. Not a good quality.

I personally believe that slstock does a great job to improve the quality of the discussions in this forum. I respect that.

No one made a mistake other than the BAKAPANDITHAYA

24RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:30 pm

nkalansu

Dear Experts...

Can anybody explain why AAIC is going up instead of RICH...????

RICH received the capital gain.....why AAIC going up?

Since RICH has agreed to the mandatory offer almost 99% shares are with SOFTLOGIC group now....now... is there a greater room for artificial price increase of AAIC? Who is doing it?

25RICH massive capital gain  Empty Re: RICH massive capital gain Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:33 pm

PGNN

nkalansu wrote:Dear Experts...

Can anybody explain why AAIC is going up instead of RICH...????

RICH received the capital gain.....why AAIC going up?

Since RICH has agreed to the mandatory offer almost 99% shares are with SOFTLOGIC group now....now... is there a greater room for artificial price increase of AAIC? Who is doing it?

Couldn't it because of either the same party who bought from RICH or some other party collecting to get more control over AAIC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum