FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Yesterday at 8:30 am

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Yesterday at 6:21 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Yesterday at 6:15 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 6:07 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 5:55 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:40 pm

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by kasunkumara Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:11 pm

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:54 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:44 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:49 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:01 am

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:04 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by nilantha suranga Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:49 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:56 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:03 pm

» LOLC Group's stunning performance goes beyond numbers!
by bkasun Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:51 pm

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:09 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:03 pm

» Will CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC (CTC.N0000) delist from the CSE?
by rajithasahan Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:10 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by smallinvestor Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:20 pm

» ලොව වැඩිම පොලී ගෙවන රට බවට ශ්‍රි ලංකාව පත් වෙයි
by Beyondsenses Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:13 pm

» Suspension of Parate Execution: Impact to Banking Sector Shares
by God Father Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:45 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:03 pm

» Excellent Report pending From CTC (Keep eye on CTC )
by ddrperera Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:41 pm

» Investor Alert: Sri Lanka Stock Brokering Mafia Strongly Active!
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change your attitude- If you are young, please read, if you are old please dont read, so are you old or young? read it and see.

+6
salt
NightStalker
wis
morros
CSE.SAS
sirimevan
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sirimevan

sirimevan
Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear All,

Just read if you have time this is a small story or rather an advice for the young investors,

I have been trading in the stock market for almost for the last one year, and i still regret for my self for entering the stock market so late while the best opportunity was to enter to the market was just before the WAR was over, any way i am glad at-least i entered to the market at the correct time,

for the last one years experience i have been visiting my stock broker mostly, probably every day, and I have been with him during the market bubble and also even when the market was up and even when the market was down, during this time what i realized in my experience was that there are enough of day traders or probably the weekly traders now( T+5 traders), so what i have realized or what i have noticed during my visit to the stock broker is when ever the market is down simply there are no people at all with the broker but supposing if the market is up , Yes there are enough of traders and buy-orders that he cannot handle too,

What is the reason behind this ? is this the mentality of the Sri lankans? Why don't people buy shares when they go down? why do people buy shares only when they see it going up?

Are we intelligent players in the market?

Is there is a reason for this mentality of this investors? how could we change this mentality of the investors?

Well what i think is the intelligent player buys the stock when its down or simply when the market is red and he sells it when high or probably when the market is green,

But i don't see that type of players in the market much, what i think is they are the real winners at the end of the day,

If so why don't people behave in that way? is it there mentality? or there behavior? what is the reason behind this?

I think its the attitude that we have , isn't it? we have an attitude of following the crowd , going behind the people isn't it?

I think we should change this attitude from our life's, we should pick the stock when its low, and we should be able to hold it and wait until we gain our profits,

If we change our attitude instead of going behind the people and acting as investors while collecting at bargain prices , we would be the winners at the end of the day,

Just think a little GUYS,there is nothing that i gain from this article but i just wanted to educate the young investors since there were no one to educate us when we entered to the market,

We don't want to see a such a set of investors who that goes behind the crowd and buy stocks, what happens at the end of the day they get panic and sell while the intelligent players collects and win the race,

Who are the losers at the end of the day? the bunch that went behind the crowd , isnt it?

I have seen more young investors such as school leavers and the young generation coming to the market more than the old dudes, that's really good isn't it?

Some times I'm jealous thinking if we entered to the market while we left school today we would have been become millionaires instead of writing articles like this, any way

It is really good to see the young generation investing and thinking of the future, we need youngsters like that isn't it?

so therefore as a community let us guide them and correct them, protect them and encourage them during market fluctuations to be strong dont let them get panic and allow them to sell there investment for dirt cheap,

future of ours is in our hands not on manipulators as investors, and that is if we dont follow the crowd, but only if we identify the potential of our investment, and also the future of this country is also in our hands not on CSE or SEC's hands and also not on the manipulators hands,

Therefore my only advice is buy when its down and sell when its up,if you are a T+5 trader,

If you are an investor Hold it as much as you could since The more you could hold on the more you would be a winner or the champion at the end of the day,

This market(CSE) has just started its journey, hence therefore don't be afraid just because a share comes down by one, two or three rupees since in the future it would go up by ten , twenty or thirty rupees,

Trust me you all could be millionaires and billionaires as long as you could hold on to your share that you could trust,

More than everything have faith in your stock or on your investment that you have made, don't ever be panic and give up your stock if you know the future value of it,

Invest in shares that would give you good returns and think of the future and work always,

if we thought of the future while we were doing our advanced levels we would have been engineers accountants and doctors today,

But we didn't know the value of our education isn't it? , why was that ? because we never thought of our future,

If we had another chance wont we study hard and become a doctor or an engineer today?

Yes we would isnt it? because we know the value of it today, but there is no second chance ,

Even in life there would be no second chance and even in your investment there would be no second chance,

therefore Remember

LWL was just Rs5/- two years back Today Rs.166/-
Tyre was just Rs. 2.75 three years back and went to 138 before the split
LOLC was Around Rs 20/- and went up to Rs.1600/- before the split

imagine if you had invested those days,

our children would also tell this one day, why didn't you hold on dad? today we would have become millionaires,

nothing on earth goes down in price other human qualities ,eventually everything is going up , mainly the greed or greediness is the only thing that goes up more than everything in our lifes, so the future investors would be more greedy as you are greedy now , when they become greedy you would be rich, think in that way, and wait until they be greedy to buy your investment ,

so therefore don't worry of anything everything will go up and nothing will go down in this market its the way you hold on and its a matter of courage of holding on things in life,

think in this way who ever that buys for this price today will have to sell for a higher price than today , so its a matter of holding on,
Even the stock market is like that, there would be no second chance unless you hold it now instead of changing hands,

Just a bit of advice , may be I'm wrong but i just wanted to share what i felt and how i feel of the future,

Can you remember the heading of this article now? No because you never thought that you will need it isnt it? So read the heading now again and think whether you are still young or old as an investor,

all the best guys

Have a great week of trading

All the best,

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

sirimevan wrote:

LWL Low Price from 02-01-2004 to 23-02-2011 is Rs.25/-
TYRE Low Price from 02-01-2004 to 23-02-2011 is Rs.5.50/-
LOLC Low Price from 02-01-2004 to 23-02-2011 is Rs.50/-

Sirimevan dont try to fool others....

morros

morros
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Great article Sirimevan, & u r 100% right

sirimevan

sirimevan

CSE>CEE, its the message that i wanted to give, not the exact price value,

CSE.SAS wrote:
sirimevan wrote:

LWL Low Price from 02-01-2004 to 23-02-2011 is Rs.25/-
TYRE Low Price from 02-01-2004 to 23-02-2011 is Rs.5.50/-
LOLC Low Price from 02-01-2004 to 23-02-2011 is Rs.50/-

Sirimevan dont try to fool others....

wis

What happened after the war is a one time incidence.
Why not compare the shares prices before the 2009? You'll see the share prices are like a dead man's heart measurement, straight lines. You can't say that was because of the war. Even buki, cars were a straight line and their investments were far away.
It would have been great if you invested in 2009, or early 2010. But that's it.
Don't expect this always. Now the company performance has to catch up with the share price bubble.

NightStalker

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Great Article Sirimevan. Just my 2 cents, I think lots of retailers go behind stocks that are being manipulated because they expect a quick buck. In SL anyway since lots of people in share market get insider information the price is jacked up before the official announcement.

I guess people run behind that. And we cannot blame people like that, since if there was no speculation the market would remain almost flat and we would not make enough $$$$$. End of the day as I see it one persons loss is another persons gain. We need to take personal responsibility for our own actions rather than blame anyone.

Anyways I think the root cause of this problem is that we are too lazy to analyse shares and make informed decisions. That is why they try to make a quick buck, and also run on wild goose chases when someone promotes a stock without doing any due diligence.

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I like this machan
"nothing on earth goes down in price other human qualities ,eventually everything is going up , mainly the greed or greediness is the only thing that goes up more than everything in our lifes, so the future investors would be more greedy as you are greedy now , when they become greedy you would be rich, think in that way, and wait until they be greedy to buy your investment "

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

remember thanks to SEC many shares went up rapidly........
LOLC,BUKI...... and every other expensive shares went,because our market players profit based mentality.........(MANY HNI)
just tell me will LOLC,BUKI reach its values if there was no 10% price band......no never............they may reach,but not so fast...........
finally many small investors lost their savings.....
some sold whole portfolio and started to buy expensive shares...some won,some lost...
this is how our market behave.....
if you have money you can control the price of a illiquid share.........(best example is WAPO.........person who have at least 1000 shares can control the price easily-and it is still happening)
so the best thing is to think wisely before invest.........
this is just a feeling of mine........i may be wrong

3mr

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Well said siri mevan. Thanks for sharing, Very true

Aamiable

mark wrote:remember thanks to SEC many shares went up rapidly........
LOLC,BUKI...... and every other expensive shares went,because our market players profit based mentality.........(MANY HNI)
just tell me will LOLC,BUKI reach its values if there was no 10% price band......no never............they may reach,but not so fast...........
some sold whole portfolio and started to buy expensive shares...some won,some lost...
if you have money you can control the price of a illiquid share.........(best example is WAPO.........person who have at least 1000 shares can control the price easily-and it is still happening)

Most of the illiquid shares have already gone up. That is the reason why I focus my attention now on highly liquid shares with best fundamentals. These shares may not have a big rally, instead they might appreciate gradually over several months. I selected JKH, BRWN, CFLB, HAYL and SPEN. The do not look attractive on a daily basis. There will not be an obvious movement on a daily basis, step by step over several weeks they might go up.

san1985

san1985
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

100% agree except for "everything will go up and nothing will go down in this market"

coz it shouldn't be everything, at least in theory. But anything is possible in CSE..

Our market is so small such that can be manipulated by few big investors...Nothing will happen to prices despite the positive results, in fact they take prices down, until they collect the desired amounts at bargains..
We have experienced this at so many times....

smart retailers would take this opportunity collect sound counters at bargain, whereas some inexperience ppl will jump in and sell due to panic situation...

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Aamiable wrote:
mark wrote:remember thanks to SEC many shares went up rapidly........

Most of the illiquid shares have already gone up. That is the reason why I focus my attention now on highly liquid shares with best fundamentals. These shares may not have a big rally, instead they might appreciate gradually over several months. I selected JKH, BRWN, CFLB, HAYL and SPEN. The do not look attractive on a daily basis. There will not be an obvious movement on a daily basis, step by step over several weeks they might go up.

it's better to invest in liquid shares,because you can get away anytime with less harm..... Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum