FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000)

+75
wallstreetguy
engineer
kalu351
KavinduTM
Beta1
wisdom79
krishna
niru
aklt
Lucky Gamage
Soilconomy
crnsuranjith
DANIDU
A+
Shiva911
Mega man
reader
Joe007
Teller
Yahapalanaya
makoo
W M C Elmo Fernando
EquityChamp
worthiness
MarketWch
gamaya
StocksWatch
silentsahan
Mahesh@CSE
upendra
Vinu
thilankad
aga.sanjeewa
abra12
own
Soundchips
Fresher
Phoenix
DineshL
Monster
Slstock
BenZ
Quibit
Meta Trader
micky
Niggard
$$$
laxman917576
Aamiable
rahula
kiri
stoka
equity+
swan03
wis
dinusl
Blaster
DeAmO
tubal
cse.alpha
chamith
damee
ShareShares
TMK
milanka
econ
moon
sasl
smallville
limestone
karu
mark
Gaja
Academic
tkc
79 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

41UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:37 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hang on a second; has it been oversubscribed. With SFIN there was an announcement early in the day that the issue was oversubscribed. I haven't seen any such announcement at the time of writing (3:30 pm)

42UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty UNION BANK IPO Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 pm

DeAmO

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

@ tubal: Issue opens tomorrow, 24th Feb.

43UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:07 pm

tubal

DeAmO wrote:@ tubal: Issue opens tomorrow, 24th Feb.

Laughing shucks i thought it was today!!

44UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Union bank IPO Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Blaster

Stock Trader

Only 1 day More.......

45UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Blaster

Stock Trader

damee wrote:Can anybody guess what would be the min. price for UB??would it more than Rs.35/share??
Expecting 35+.. Pray for God....

46UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:37 pm

dinusl

dinusl
Co-Admin

Blaster wrote:Only 1 day More.......

I went 2 banks today @ nawam mawatha, there are many requesting bank drafts to apply for union bank IPO.

47UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Overwhelming response for Union Bank IPO Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:16 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Union Bank's Initial Public Offering (IPO) will be opened for subscription officially from today. Daily Mirror Business learnt the issue is well accepted, as the Registrars to the offer have already received a large number of bank guarantees.

Sources revealed that the issue received bank guarantees worth 300 times the size of the issue, and about 100 bank guarantees have been received to fully subscribe it.

Union Bank in its Rs.375 million IPO, offers 15 million shares to the public. Out of the 15 million, 1.5 million will be offered to employees, while another 2.25 million will be to bank's customers who have been maintaining accounts with the bank for a minimum of six months as at January 31, 2011. Thus, only 11.25 million will be offered to the public.

The issue is scheduled to close on March 16 or the day on which the issue is oversubscribed.

According to an analyst, it is hard to guess the number of times the issue will be oversubscribed, with such large bank guarantees.

A recent research report published by Asha Phillip Securities Ltd states that Union Bank's upcoming IPO is a good buy for prospective investors.

The research report states the bank possesses a strong balance sheet amounting to Rs. 18.6 billion and a capital adequacy ratio of 28.97%, despite a credit growth of 27% in 2010.
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

48UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

this is what happens too few shares issues in IPO.
they have total 350 million shares but only 15 million listed as IPO.
so for big players this is nothing . take bank guarantees for whole subscription.
regulators should take measures to increase the percentage of share issue in IPO.
I think need 25% shares should be issued for large company like Union bank.

49UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

econ wrote:this is what happens too few shares issues in IPO.
they have total 350 million shares but only 15 million listed as IPO.
so for big players this is nothing . take bank guarantees for whole subscription.
regulators should take measures to increase the percentage of share issue in IPO.
I think need 25% shares should be issued for large company like Union bank.

agree with you......but thanks to big players share price rise and small investors can get a good return,if directors concerned more about and allocate a good amount of shares to small investors.....like in SFIN IPO........

50UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:48 am

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

oversubscribed!! You have still a chance till 4.30p.m. Smile

51UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:51 am

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

i am thing about the profit going to come for the banks which provide BG, because to apply for whole issue you need only 11.5 Million. Is a small amount for the major investors

52UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:09 am

Blaster

Stock Trader

tkc wrote:oversubscribed!! You have still a chance till 4.30p.m. Smile
If somebody is submiting application on today for small qty, try to follow this.

1) If you are willing to request only 1000 No's of shares, then try to request 1100 No's of shares other than to 1000. Coz, if you request 1000 No's, on the allocation you might caught to 0-1000 range. But if you request 1100 No's you will get more shares (Coz you will be in more than 1000 range)

I may be wrong.. but i feel this is a good practice...

53UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:14 am

wis

Manager - Equity Analytics

SEC people should do something about this bank guarantee fraud. This is robbing the law abiding citizens who pay by cash through drafts and checks. Otherwise SEC people are like the ones tied to SECuwa. They always are.

54UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Union Bank IPO Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:54 am

swan03

Guys, Cant I buy Union Bank IPO through online? Or do i have to go to the stock broker or to the Union Bank? Please enlighten me.

55UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Bro!!!! You miss the bus Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:01 am

equity+

Stock Trader

Bro!!!! You miss the bus

56UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 am

tkc

tkc

You can still apply my friend!! Don't be late....Go to a branch of NDB bank...... Smile

57UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:50 pm

stoka

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

You can get the application from the web, fill and hand over to broker/Manger of the issue before 4:30 today (with the cheque, of course).

58UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: Union Bank IPO Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 pm

kiri

kiri

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/2891298520497_.pdf

59UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:25 pm

rahula

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

i ALSO APPLY JUST NOW. you go to NDB and fill that simple application form. Go with a cheque. If you dont have a cheque request a bank draqft from NDB. if u failed call me now. i ll help u. 0714473233

60UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Aamiable

Union Bank look like a very popular IPO

61UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Gaja

any guess about the no of times it going to oversubscribe?

62UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm

laxman917576

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Sources revealed that the issue received bank guarantees worth 300 times the size of the issue, and about 100 bank guarantees have been received to fully subscribe it.

63UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Gaja

so it may oversubscribe by more than 400 to 500 times

64UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:05 pm

tkc

tkc

Yes 1100 is a good choice than 1000!! Smile

65UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:41 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Blaster wrote:
If somebody is submiting application on today for small qty, try to follow this.

1) If you are willing to request only 1000 No's of shares, then try to request 1100 No's of shares other than to 1000. Coz, if you request 1000 No's, on the allocation you might caught to 0-1000 range. But if you request 1100 No's you will get more shares (Coz you will be in more than 1000 range)

this IPO won't be like ODEL....
100-1000share applied-only got 100 shares
1100-2000applied-200 shares only.........ETC
i expect this thing not to happened on UB.................. Sad

66UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Blaster

Stock Trader

dinusl wrote:
Blaster wrote:Only 1 day More.......

I went 2 banks today @ nawam mawatha, there are many requesting bank drafts to apply for union bank IPO.

Only 45 Min Remaining..............

67UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:43 pm

dinusl

dinusl
Co-Admin

mark wrote:
Blaster wrote:

this IPO won't be like ODEL....
100-1000share applied-only got 100 shares
1100-2000applied-200 shares only.........ETC
i expect this thing not to happened on UB.................. Sad

hmmm Sad Sad

68UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

I went to NDB maharagama branch to get a draft,i asked them that how many people came with bank guarantees..they told almost 5..and also many retail applications..
i believe UB ipo may oversubscribed more than SFIN...........i may be wrong........

69UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:59 pm

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Corporate sri Lankas new found way of rasing money easilly.....HVA only 200 shares were given to retailers. But yeah once it comes to the secondary market the shares sky rocket.

UB the same only hand full of shares will be given some times I wonder if it's worth the time and money ...blocking your cash for a short period only to get a fraction of what u have asked for might as well play the market amd earn a quick buck Evil or Very Mad

70UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC (UBC.N0000) Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Niggard

Niggard

swan03 wrote:Guys, Cant I buy Union Bank IPO through online?

AFAIK, IPO's can't be bought online, since there are some documentation is to be done. U got to fill the application, have a cheque/bank draft to pay for what u are applying. Also the closing data is today.

By the way, according to gov. bombast (but for sure it will) there will be many IPOs coming this year. Keep in touch u can get in to another boat.

Anyway, it's interesting to know that still now u one can apply for that. Also the big demand, that will make us profits, but can anyone can suggest how much of our request for number of shares, would be filled in this rate.

Rgts!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum