FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by Anushka Perz Today at 12:59 am

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by Citizen Silva Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» New Bermuda Triangle
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 9:23 pm

» Technical update 12.08.2022 Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by samaritan Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL)
by cheetah Yesterday at 2:27 pm

» What you need to remember is there is ALWAYS a way to make income from day trading stocks. Stock market for beginners and day traders
by Asoka Samarakone Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:00 pm

» LPRT and CHOT old and profitable businesses, yet severely undervalued
by deli Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by EPS Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 am

» Exterminators Plc (EXT.N)
by ErangaDS Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 pm

» CW Makie Highest Dividend Payer- EPS of Rs.10 for Quarter
by Ros123 Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:57 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by SamJay1974 Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 am

» LOFC Future
by samansilva Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:05 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC (GLAS.N0000)
by stocknoob Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am

» RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC (RAL.N0000) TP. 7
by cheetah Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:45 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:07 pm

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:05 pm

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC - LLUB Dividend from 1999

Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC - LLUB Dividend from 1999

+5
smallville
Slstock
WildBear
Rajaraam
sriranga
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

According to Quarterly Financial report as of 30.09.2011
No of Shares 120,000,000
Public holding = 49%

Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC - LLUB  Dividend from 1999 Llub10



Last edited by sriranga on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

According to the figures EPS is coming down and the share price is going up. Isn't it?

WildBear


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Rajaraam wrote:According to the figures EPS is coming down and the share price is going up. Isn't it?

LLUB had share splits time to time, hence dilution of EPS.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics


Thanks Sriranga.

But is 2004 Dividend amount correct?

Also can you please let me know the references you used to find this data?

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

slstock wrote:
Thanks Sriranga.

But is 2004 Dividend amount correct?

Also can you please let me know the references you used to find this data?
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Really appreciate.
I found the info from their Annual report.
Please find below the snapshot from their annual report.

Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC - LLUB  Dividend from 1999 Llub_110

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

sriranga wrote:
slstock wrote:
Thanks Sriranga.

But is 2004 Dividend amount correct?

Also can you please let me know the references you used to find this data?
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Really appreciate.
I found the info from their Annual report.
Please find below the snapshot from their annual report.

Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC - LLUB  Dividend from 1999 Llub_110


2004 Eps 10.78
2004 Dividend RS 34

Looks like they disposed some assert and paid a thumping dividend in 2004.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

slstock wrote:
sriranga wrote:
slstock wrote:
Thanks Sriranga.

But is 2004 Dividend amount correct?

Also can you please let me know the references you used to find this data?
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Really appreciate.
I found the info from their Annual report.
Please find below the snapshot from their annual report.

Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC - LLUB  Dividend from 1999 Llub_110


2004 Eps 10.78
2004 Dividend RS 34

Looks like they disposed some assert and paid a thumping dividend in 2004.

If we notice their Balance Sheet year 2003 the reserve was 2,009,326,000.
In 2004 that was reduced to 616,123,000.
I'm not 100% sure, instaed of giving bonus share they gave cash dividend.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

sriranga wrote:
slstock wrote:
sriranga wrote:
slstock wrote:
Thanks Sriranga.

But is 2004 Dividend amount correct?

Also can you please let me know the references you used to find this data?
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Really appreciate.
I found the info from their Annual report.
Please find below the snapshot from their annual report.

Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC - LLUB  Dividend from 1999 Llub_110


2004 Eps 10.78
2004 Dividend RS 34

Looks like they disposed some assert and paid a thumping dividend in 2004.

If we notice their Balance Sheet year 2003 the reserve was 2,009,326,000.
In 2004 that was reduced to 616,123,000.
I'm not 100% sure, instaed of giving bonus share they gave cash dividend.

What you say is probably it. Actually was looking at the dip of around 1.7bil from 2003 to 2004 in the Current /Non Current Assert. But reserves are reduced which is most like the cause.

Being a multi national company, looks like they need to look after their "shareholders" in greater interest in form of cash dividends also to take profit out. Works well for all.

I last disposed my LLUb around Rs 178-180s. Maybe if I get an opportunity I will re-enter.

thanks


smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

CHEVRON is anyway a cash rich entity, they've been paying 4 dividends a year..
Could be one of the very few companies that pay divs like dat...

PGCR


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Still i can remember one day in 2004 LLUB was trading around Rs 80 level. After the dividend announcement it went up by 35 bucks.
I belive that was the highest ever share price movement Percentage due to a dividend announcement in CSE.

My lecturer had 3800 shares on XD date & using his LLUB dividend he went "Dabadiwa". :-)

lamaya


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

but LLUB markets share in the domestic lubricant market is reducing drastically...Earlier they enjoyed a market share around 95% and now it has come down to 65%...Even the comapny doesnt have any expansion or diverdification strategies. Based on dividends the stock has a value. Company payed 98% of its profits as dividends in last yer and it was 95% in previous year. This was because company dosnt have any capital expenditure or any invetments. therefore I think in long term LLUB has downside momentum..(Not a buy or sell recommendation.This is just my idea)

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Thanks for the info.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t22165-lubricant-market-growth-slows-in-2q

Malika1990

Malika1990
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

wow what a nice company as well as sriranga's work.
sriranga brings valuable post to the forum
good work Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

LLUB is a defensive counter; means that u can put some money and wait till it grows for 3-5 years enjoying dividends 4 times a year till the share price appreciates.. Once the div is announced this runs for abt 8-10 rupees even (normally div is 3-4 rupees) .

The Lub industry may grow slowly due to the fierce competition and the limited new vehicles in these days..
However, even though we think these things there wont be a downside to the business till the vehicles are on the roads Wink

This counter has undergone several sub-divisions and that's why the div is low in number.. The foreign entity that holds the stock (parent company) pumps money to their country in the form of dividends so we see a lavish dividend policy in this counter as well..

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum