FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» ලාභ ගන්න කොටස් වලින් මේක සම්පූර්ණයෙන්ම කියවන්න
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 6:20 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC Interim Financial Statements quarter ended 30th June 2021
by cseguide Today at 6:02 pm

» Shares to Buy
by Niwa Today at 12:59 pm

» Successful investment strategies require an understanding of the forces of stock market nature, and disciplined rules of portfolio management.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:12 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Niwa Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» Directors' Dealings today
by SAGA Yesterday at 6:02 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)
by Antonym Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» Boga unusual Collection....
by Wickyz Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 pm

» MILLENNIUM HOUSING DEVELOPERS PLC (MHDL.N0000)
by jehan008 Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 pm

» Sri Lanka FOB prices for black tea highest in the world
by samaritan Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:18 pm

» DPL Take over
by Vishwanarth Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:12 pm

» HVA FOODS PLC (HVA.N0000)
by samaritan Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 am

» INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) PLC (ASPH.N0000)
by dayandacool Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:09 am

» CITIZENS DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS FINANCE PLC(CDB.N0000)
by engineer Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 am

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC . KZOO.N
by Pbv Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:22 am

» What will happen to AMF¿??????
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm

» Expert view on AMF??
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by Bakkabwoi Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 pm

» What are the short term profit stocks you are planning to buy on this Monday? (Only honest ppl please)
by Hope123 Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FUN CHRONICLE™ » Cricket World Cup 2011

Cricket World Cup 2011

+42
ne2011
thilankad
Milindaperera
kam2011
Mahesh@CSE
san1985
pali
wallstreet
innam
chamil
THIRU
Max
StocksWatch
rosei
Sasanka De Silva
Slstock
smallville
Soundchips
Antonym
gfte
ranga
npc86
hotstock
milanka
mono
abra12
Aamiable
sapumal
Quibit
jkhdimo
optimistic
SmartMoney
UKboy
ShareShares
micky
MarketResearch
xmart
kiri
Meta Trader
Monster
mark
Rocky
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

41Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 pm

optimistic

Manager - Equity Analytics
@sapumal wrote:I am really disappointing about SL performance. Now world cup dreams are fading. I don't think we can win the world cup. We are not ready

SL has no plan from selectors to the coaches and players

They hadn't done a good analyze about the pitch. It was a good pitch and even wasn't difficult to bat second.
SL played with extra batsmen (problem is we can't say they are batsmen even selectors think they are batmen) on a super bating pitch.
SL middle order never learn to take singles when they new to the wickets.
They has to go with a extra batsmen instead of using Tissara as an all rounder. I prefer to see 3 spinners in upcoming matches in Colombo

This is my team and this is my batting order for the rest of the matches. what do you think

Tharanga
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Mathews ( he is responsible and intelligent to play at this position)
Mahela
Kandamby ( he is not in the 15 due to poor fielding performance. Does team desperately need a good middle order batsmen or a fielder at this position)
Kula
Randeev (He is tall,has a good variation and difficult to hit against him)
Malinga
Murali
Dilhara/Mendis/Herath depending on the pitch

I would leave out Kandamby. He is not a clean hitter. Looks edgy from the time he comes to the wicket. Almost all the matches i've seen him play, he played on because opposition gave him chances. And being a big guy, he couldnt hit a six to save his life.

I would also not pick Mendis. His days are gone. Even Canada played him quite well. He may be effective in 20/20. He is also not a good fielder.

And I will not choose Dilhara as well. Despite his experience, his constant no balls still keep coming. He is all over the pitch. No discipline in line and length.

Instead I would pick Herath and Randiv. Both have performed well in the recent times.

Mathews should come 4 down. Samaraweera still earns the place in my team. He can stabilize a collapse in the top order, though he failed yesterday.

Kapugedara is a hitter, unlike Silva but Silva is more mature. He really needs to get out of his test match game though

42Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 pm

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Why I include Kandambi is he can score singles when he came to wicket. he is a good timer and he can place the ball well
Problem I saw with Thilan is he can't score singles even he is good in defense.
Chamara silva, he can't play straight shots for fast bowlers. Very funny a batmen playing for SL who can't play straight shots
Kapu : 3,4 years before I thought he will play a big role. But Selectors #####
Kapu has to be included in Test matches. He will fix his technical weakness if he given a chance in Test matches

43Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:32 pm

sapumal

@optimistic wrote:
Agreed. Nobody ever thought Pakistan to be favorites. But they are silent assasins. Who thought they were going to win the T20 international world cup against SL after having got defeated by SL itself in the 1st round.

Pakistan won't be a big challenge. All the batting depend on Misbah and Yunis Khan. Bowling it is Afridi

44Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:30 pm

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@sapumal wrote:Why I include Kandambi is he can score singles when he came to wicket. he is a good timer and he can place the ball well
Chamara silva, he can't play straight shots for fast bowlers. Very funny a batmen playing for SL who can't play straight shots
Kapu has to be included in Test matches. He will fix his technical weakness if he given a chance in Test matches

Yes we need to select a one day team rather than a test squad. He always comes to the crease in last few overs that is the reason why he has so many unbeaten fifties. He never get enough overs to score a century. His role is to increase the run rate never given a chance to build up an innings. Bowlers also, SL one day squad need strike bowlers who take few crucial wickets under difficult conditions.

45Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

ShareShares

@optimistic wrote:Hotels, yes. Dialog, not a great possibility. Dialog has been stagnant in this price range for as long as I could remember. I cant understand why this is not moving. Also people would not purchase a dialog tv connection just to watch the world cup matches because it is telecasted on eye channel as well. Installation fee itself is some Rs. 9000.

Dialog TV (Earlier CBN sat) is charging an additional fee for the ESPN and Star criket while it is shown free in the eye channel. They must be making lot of profits.

46Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Rocky

Rocky
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Must have a talk with QB for siding Pakistan. Need to pick a bone! Laughing

47Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Aamiable

@ShareShares wrote:
@sapumal wrote:Why I include Kandambi is he can score singles when he came to wicket. he is a good timer and he can place the ball well

Yes we need to select a one day team rather than a test squad. He always comes to the crease in last few overs that is the reason why he has so many unbeaten fifties. He never get enough overs to score a century. His role is to increase the run rate never given a chance to build up an innings. Bowlers also, SL one day squad need strike bowlers who take few crucial wickets under difficult conditions.

It is not possible to change the list now. We should be able to send the best one day combination from the existing players. We saw some players were seated and relaxing near the pavilion while we were struggling to chase a total in a crucial one day encounter. Pakistan cannot win the tournament, they are not up to the standards. There are so many better teams SL also can win if we send the best combination in the correct order.

48Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:32 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
SUCH POSTS LIKE THIS ARE GREAT........
this forum is great..everything in it......
jokes,cricket,poems,good guys,bad guys,knowledge.............all in one...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

49Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Aamiable

@mark wrote:SUCH POSTS LIKE THIS ARE GREAT........
jokes,cricket,poems,good guys,bad guys,knowledge.............all in one...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not only guys . Ladies also seem to be here.

50Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:37 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@Aamiable wrote:
@mark wrote:SUCH POSTS LIKE THIS ARE GREAT........

Not only guys . Ladies also seem to be here.

who?.........except QUIBI? scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

51Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm

abra12

@ShareShares wrote:
@optimistic wrote:Hotels, yes. Dialog, not a great possibility. Dialog has been stagnant in this price range for as long as I could remember. I cant understand why this is not moving. Also people would not purchase a dialog tv connection just to watch the world cup matches because it is telecasted on eye channel as well. Installation fee itself is some Rs. 9000.

Dialog TV (Earlier CBN sat) is charging an additional fee for the ESPN and Star criket while it is shown free in the eye channel. They must be making lot of profits.

Match restrictions in eye channel in Dialog TV is not controlled by Dialog Tv.Its from the Sri Lanka Rupawahini.They dont allow Dialog to Transmit Match.
Btw if you have a Dialog Package including ESPN or star Cricket you do not have to pay additionally.

so....No additional profit..Dial will stagnate more...lol

52Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hey Guys,

Since cricket has become a frequently spoken subject among the stock market investors, we have decided to maintain one topic under the heading of "Cricket World Cup 2011" up to the conclusion of the world cup. Some of the earlier topics, messages relating to cricket have been moved to this heading. Also for easy reading I will make this a sticky subject in the "home page" under the Stock Market Talk.

Please do not create new topics for cricket.
This is Hybrid_OS, initiative and undoubtedly he will be in charge of this Topic.
Hybrid, thanks for your support.

Quibi

53Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:46 pm

ShareShares

@abra12 wrote:
@ShareShares wrote:

Match restrictions in eye channel in Dialog TV is not controlled by Dialog Tv.Its from the Sri Lanka Rupawahini.They dont allow Dialog to Transmit Match.
Btw if you have a Dialog Package including ESPN or star Cricket you do not have to pay additionally.

so....No additional profit..Dial will stagnate more...lol

So... Rupawahini is making lot of profits. I am going to sell my dialog shares and buy some Rupavahini shares next week

54Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 pm

abra12

@Quibit wrote:Hey Guys,

Since cricket has become a frequently spoken subject among the stock market investors, we have decided to maintain one topic under the heading of "Cricket World Cup 2011" up to the conclusion of the world cup. Some of the earlier topics, messages relating to cricket have been moved to this heading. Also for easy reading I will make this a sticky subject in the "home page" under the Stock Market Talk.

Please do not create new topics for cricket.
This is Hybrid_OS, initiative and undoubtedly he will be in charge of this Topic.
Hybrid, thanks for your support.

Quibi

Grate thinking ..of admin,

All investors are human too...sirakaruwoth manussayoya..I have seen that words on Walls of Prison at Welikada.

I think all investors are manussayo too..so we love cricket..poems..any current activities although not related to invest in share market.Huge numbers of posts on some topics proved it.(LIKE MR'S KAWI )
I appreciate the effort of admin to make this forum more interesting and attractive.

Thank you

55Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Quibit

England Bites the dust?
not over until the fat lady sing!

56Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Monster

Monster
oh... What a match.. India = England

57Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Quibit

thats the best result!! Both teams deserved a win..
Finally Fat lady sang!! to the indian tune...

58Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Aamiable

@Monster wrote:oh... What a match.. India = England

Sl, Please send an extra batsman and have some batting practice on Tuesday to face India and England in the next round. One day game is all about power play, aggressive run rate and depth in batting.

59Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Monster

Monster
India hardly win, if Sachin made a century lol!

He is a great batsman. But not a match winner.

60Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
@Quibit wrote:England Bites the dust?
not over until the fat lady sing!

England could have won it but in the end
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil WE AS THE SPECTATORS WON THIS TIME Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

61Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 pm

mono

mono
Suspect

i'm waiting for kohli to spontaneously combust

bounce

62Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:10 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
what a match...........great ah.................
value for money and time...................elazzzzzzzzzz Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

63Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Quibit

New Entertainment category created in the "Home Page". Please feel free to visit..
Presently we entertain you with....

* Poems and Kawi - Courtesy of MR (MarketResearch)
* Cricket World Cup 2011 - Managed by Hybrid_OS

You can continue to add your new topics!!!

Qubi

64Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:19 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@Quibit wrote:New Entertainment category created in the "Home Page". Please feel free to visit..

Qubi

MR------------------ king king king king
king of poems.......... king king king king lol!

65Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
@Quibit wrote:New Entertainment category created in the "Home Page". Please feel free to visit..

Qubi

Thanks ! Laughing

66Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 am

sapumal

This is going to be special worldcup.
Role of the all rounders will be questionable during whole tournament on batting paradises
I prefer 6 pure batsmen + 5 pure bowlers

milanka

milanka
Quibi / Hybrid_OS : Mistakenly created this as New Topic – Must have been under Cricket World cup thread .Sorry about that. Kindly move appropriately. – Milanka
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sri Lanka vice captain Mahela Jayawardene is considering legal action against state owned Independent Television Network (ITN) in response to commentary which implied he was guilty of match-fixing.

A state television broadcast suggested Jayawardene deliberately played badly for financial gain in Saturday's cricket World Cup defeat by Pakistan. Jayawardene said his lawyer was drafting a letter to "get to the bottom" of the accusation.

The allegation was also levelled at batsman Thilan Samaraweera.

Sri Lanka lost the game against Pakistan by 11 runs, with Jaywardene scoring two runs while Samaraweera scored one.

A commentary the next day on Sri Lankan state TV network, ITN, written by the editor of a state newspaper, Mahinda Abeysundara, said a businessman had bet about 18,000 dollars on a Pakistan victory, and that there had therefore been what he called a "chorus to change the game".

The commentator then remarked: "We just think Mahela and Thilan may have changed the game".

The commentary was accompanied by slow-motion extracts from the match, sad music, and blurry shots implying financial impropriety.
Leaving comments on sites such as Facebook, Sri Lankan fans have expressed outrage at the broadcast.

One said: "How dare you tell that Mahela and Thilan are betrayers ... this is so disgusting". Another called the coverage "shameless".

Sri Lanka will face Kenya at the cricket World Cup today.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/top-story/10071-mahela-to-sue-state-owned-itn.html

Last edited by milanka on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Requested To move to correct location.)

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

68Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:26 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
ooppsssssss............................

69Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 am

hotstock

18000 USD ???

Absurd...Thats a peanut for our cricketers... Mahela would earn that amount just appearing to a coke or pepsi ad..why he should matchfix for peanuts..

Even rumours should carry some reasonable facts

70Cricket World Cup 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: Cricket World Cup 2011 Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:42 am

sapumal

real question is whether someone give Mahela money to fix a match against teams like Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, India ?
If it was Canada,Kenya or Netherlands we can accept it. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum