FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTS

Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_lcap16%LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_rcap 16% [ 43 ]
LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_lcap21%LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_rcap 21% [ 57 ]
LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_lcap30%LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_rcap 30% [ 83 ]
LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_lcap34%LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months Vote_rcap 34% [ 93 ]

Total Votes : 276

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» The rupee was now ‘heavily undervalued’ based on fundamentals - Central Bank Governor Nandalal Weerasinghe
by K.R Today at 3:02 pm

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Riz123 Today at 1:45 pm

» CIC going to next level
by suku502 Today at 12:13 pm

» PMB/PLC/PINS
by K.R Today at 12:03 pm

» Sri Lanka bond yields extend fall on DDR comments
by K.R Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:32 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by K.R Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:56 am

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by ErangaDS Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:34 pm

» KZOO.N SHAW WALLACE INVESTMENTS PLC TP 10/
by cheetah Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:16 am

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM (SLTL.N0000) - Reawakening the Giant
by Equity Win Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:10 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:35 am

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by K.R Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:45 am

» Singapore based Kreate Design to invest USD 1 Billion to Colombo Lotus Tower
by K.R Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:40 pm

» China working with other lenders on ‘easing’ Sri Lanka debt
by K.R Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:31 pm

» Billionaire owned listed companies faces insolvency issues in Sri Lanka
by God Father Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:11 am

» Wahts going on with Expo
by sanjayaK Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:23 pm

» REGULATORS - DUTY OF CARE
by God Father Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by K.R Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:03 pm

» LANKA HOSPITAL + SRI LANKA TELECOM + HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION
by nish84 Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:29 pm

» SEYLAN DEVELOPMENTS PLC (CSD.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:16 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months

LOLC stagnated despite 7 Billion PBT for 9 months

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

invest77

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Can somebody shed some light as to why LOLC is stagnated despite 7 billion PBT for 9 months. LOLC is making more profits than some banks. What is your opinion as to why this is stagnating?

Some shares have some characteristics, Some can get stagnated for a period and then have mega rallies.

Thanks

wis

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

According to what I read LOLC PBV is 5.6. One of the highest in the finance sector. Does that have any effect?

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

invest77 wrote:Can somebody shed some light as to why LOLC is stagnated despite 7 billion PBT for 9 months. LOLC is making more profits than some banks. What is your opinion as to why this is stagnating?

Some shares have some characteristics, Some can get stagnated for a period and then have mega rallies.

Thanks

this question has been answered a dozen times at least this month.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

invest77 wrote:Can somebody shed some light as to why LOLC is stagnated despite 7 billion PBT for 9 months. LOLC is making more profits than some banks. What is your opinion as to why this is stagnating?

Thanks

Please check how the price movements in last 4-5 months. Then you will understand why it is hovering around Rs135. Agreed they keep posting huge profits and its a really good company. My opinion is LOLC is fairly valued.

( I was lucky to bought some for Rs 480 before the split)

tubal

UKboy wrote:

Thanks

Please check how the price movements in last 4-5 months. Then you will understand why it is hovering around Rs135. Agreed they keep posting huge profits and its a really good company. My opinion is LOLC is fairly valued.

( I was lucky to bought some for Rs 480 before the split)

Yep, I am with UKBoy on this one. It's fairly valued. LOLC is a good long term bet but don't expect it to surge overnight. But in fact it did surge overnight from 138 to 145 a couple of weeks back but all the short term punters seem to have missed it.

Great for UKBoy to have picked up a bunch at 480

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

LOLC is diversified company with sound financial, I brought 4 years ago and no idea to dispose it until reach 250/= level may be end of year.

UKboy

UKboy

jaya wrote:LOLC is diversified company with sound financial, I brought 4 years ago and no idea to dispose it until reach 250/= level may be end of year.

Yes it is really worth to hold LOLC in medium to long term. I'm waiting to see what they are going to do to the "golden mile" in Beruwala. EDEN, PALM & one other hotel sit on this mile and currently LOLC is trying to call an international chain to manage all these 3 hotels.

Their aggresive plans make them unstoppable.

invest77

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Agreee with the fact that it is fairly valued.. But isn't future earning potential having any consideration? I think this is just a phase where banking stocks are stagnated and I think it will have a bullish period when people put back IPO money into the market. People just keep on withdrawing funds to invest in IPO's.

tubal

invest77 wrote:Agreee with the fact that it is fairly valued.. But isn't future earning potential having any consideration? I think this is just a phase where banking stocks are stagnated and I think it will have a bullish period when people put back IPO money into the market. People just keep on withdrawing funds to invest in IPO's.

It's exactly because of future earnings that we say this is fairly valued. A large chunk of current earnings it from other items. For the next year, LOLC needs to either have enough growth to cover those 'other times' and then some or sell off some assets.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum