FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Today at 2:56 am

» Must watch this video - unnecessary panic
by Jana Today at 1:03 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Love Boy Today at 12:40 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by learningthemarket Today at 12:03 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Mr. X Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Fall seven times, stand up eight.What happened, has happened. Free your mind from it. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC (REXP.N0000)
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Yesterday at 9:06 pm

» Leading brokers causing market downturn
by Jayashantha Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Unscripted daily drama.Traders are uncertain whether to buy or sell. Stock market for beginners
by Jayashantha Yesterday at 8:40 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by KingKong Yesterday at 7:35 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING ( AEL.N )
by subash81 Yesterday at 7:01 pm

» OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC (OSEA.N000)
by Captain Yesterday at 5:49 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by judecroos Yesterday at 2:40 pm

» LITE.R - STOP THE MADNESS
by Big Bull Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» RHL - CSE's most undervalued stock?
by Promoney Yesterday at 12:09 pm

» Sunshine holding future potential
by keen Yesterday at 10:37 am

» February the month of purification for the Colombo Stock Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:47 am

» 5% down...
by Jana Yesterday at 1:52 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Yesterday at 1:05 am

» The SIGNS of SRI LANKAN ECONOMIC RECOVERY
by dayandacool Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:39 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Good News 'No furthur Aquisition' SL gov.

Good News 'No furthur Aquisition' SL gov.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Rajitha wrote:1. What would this accomplish ? too late too little!
2. Who is going to believe them ? The legislation that they passed mean they can take over anything when ever they want. Are they going to change it ? Whats stopping them from bringing it again even if they do it?

Exacly, how can we trust these statement. It is reported that relavant section of the BOI webpage also has deleted.

Monster


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
So many topics regarding this issue. We must request the admin to create a separate section to discuss these topics. Laughing

Genting


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@godswen wrote:This is uploaded on CSE! Scanned from dailynews paper.
What are they trying to say now?

http://www.cse.lk/270808/pdf/17_11_2011_Dailynews.pdf

Seems like CSE is soo desperate. Unless they would have made their own statement or cite government press release than publishing a scanned copy of a newspaper article!

ABEST


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@godswen wrote:This is uploaded on CSE! Scanned from dailynews paper.
What are they trying to say now?

http://www.cse.lk/270808/pdf/17_11_2011_Dailynews.pdf
government or related parties have got too much shares at low prices(last few days we saw most shares are reached its 52 weeks low),so, they want to sell bought shares with profit,
so, that is why they announced this, after clear their portfolio they will introduce another rule or something, then market will go down,
this is regular in this government or related party
we are making loss,their are making gain more gain

Soundchips


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
hope every thing is green today onwards

trasantha


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Rapaport wrote:Please post in english. No fonts!

Dear friend "Rapaport"

You can eassily download that sinhala kit for your PC by using this link

"http://www.locallanguages.lk/"
Okkkk

kingraj1

kingraj1
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@mark wrote:your f** vote is welcme in nxt presidential election also... Lol at you buggers..



Next Time Vote for me

King KAKILLELaughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Rapaport wrote:Looks like the government is trying its best to convince people that the Act only targets the mentioned businesses but it is not working.

The fear is not that more businesses will be taken for under performing in the near term. The fear is that if any business which does not toe the government line can be swiftly taken! Businesses are taking this as a warning like what the journalists are facing! It is like arrogance and power abuse!

The message is more like "If you don't listen to us, we know what to do!"
One of my friends abroad told me that every one who has alot of power does critical blunders and he see's this as a beginning to a series of blunders. That's how some foreigners think. Thats why they will not come. If the government thinks foreigners will buy these assets then it can backfire due to this unless they already have buyers!

Unpredictable policy making!

Good policy making with a long term view is the need of the hour!


Cheers!

The bill specifically targets 37 companies, if they wanted to take more companies they would have to draft another bill. But in any case all these companies are either built on government owned land or the businesses were handed over buy the government.

econ

econ
Global Moderator
@mono wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Looks like the government is trying its best to convince people that the Act only targets the mentioned businesses but it is not working.

The fear is not that more businesses will be taken for under performing in the near term. The fear is that if any business which does not toe the government line can be swiftly taken! Businesses are taking this as a warning like what the journalists are facing! It is like arrogance and power abuse!

The message is more like "If you don't listen to us, we know what to do!"
One of my friends abroad told me that every one who has alot of power does critical blunders and he see's this as a beginning to a series of blunders. That's how some foreigners think. Thats why they will not come. If the government thinks foreigners will buy these assets then it can backfire due to this unless they already have buyers!

Unpredictable policy making!

Good policy making with a long term view is the need of the hour!


Cheers!

The bill specifically targets 37 companies, if they wanted to take more companies they would have to draft another bill. But in any case all these companies are either built on government owned land or the businesses were handed over buy the government.

dude> are you working for government or some connection with government? lol

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@econ wrote:
@mono wrote:
@Rapaport wrote:Looks like the government is trying its best to convince people that the Act only targets the mentioned businesses but it is not working.

The fear is not that more businesses will be taken for under performing in the near term. The fear is that if any business which does not toe the government line can be swiftly taken! Businesses are taking this as a warning like what the journalists are facing! It is like arrogance and power abuse!

The message is more like "If you don't listen to us, we know what to do!"
One of my friends abroad told me that every one who has alot of power does critical blunders and he see's this as a beginning to a series of blunders. That's how some foreigners think. Thats why they will not come. If the government thinks foreigners will buy these assets then it can backfire due to this unless they already have buyers!

Unpredictable policy making!

Good policy making with a long term view is the need of the hour!


Cheers!

The bill specifically targets 37 companies, if they wanted to take more companies they would have to draft another bill. But in any case all these companies are either built on government owned land or the businesses were handed over buy the government.

dude> are you working for government or some connection with government? lol

no but i think this a good idea. The fact of the matter is if the sevenagala sugar factory wasn't involved in this legislation no one would make a fuss about this. All the companies on this list are run down, and lying around taking up place. If there are businesses like this lying around something has to be done, you either bail them out obama style or re-appropriate them. Obama style bailouts have failed & and it's absurd to give tax money to private businesses without collateral. The government and the state at large is far better off taking them over these businesses and handing them over to other people. Besides without legislation like this it would take years for the government to reacquire businesses, what that would mean is HDEV would be lying around aimlessly accumulating even bigger losses.

Deva


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Mano, mano wikaren dhodawanawa or brainwashed.

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Deva wrote:Mano, mano wikaren dhodawanawa or brainwashed.

or you don't have the requisite grey matter to get the point bounce

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Govt. should have re acquired these companies through commercial means and not through legislate.

The precedence is worse than actual effect, this will take a long time to heal.

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Tiger wrote:Govt. should have re acquired these companies through commercial means and not through legislate.

The precedence is worse than actual effect, this will take a long time to heal.

These people are getting paid for their assets. None of these people are willing to sell, that's the problem. 'Commercial means' in practical terms simply translates to years & years of litigation.

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think Govt. has the golden share in each of these privatized entities.

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Tiger wrote:I think Govt. has the golden share in each of these privatized entities.

no many of them are privately owned BOI type ventures. There is a shut down garment factory near our factory that falls under this list and it's owned by a couple of dudes.

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I support the intention of reviewing these businesses, billions worth assets are being played by bunch of crooks. However the Govt. must not do the businesses it should facilitate the environment to businesses to flourish.

Think9

Think9
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
how long shares such SUGA will be hold ?? im like a big shot bought some n im pretty bored of holding it.

any idea when these shares will start to trade ??

anyway i really dnt think this is a good idea though im a PA supporter.. only way we can bring this economy into higher level is by handing over gvt owned companies to pvt sector. ( WITH some HOLDING power where pvt sector cannot do everythin the way they want without taking the idea from the gvt)

Or else bring some effective strategies like how japan managed to do.

Option 2 wil never happen in this country so i go with the option 1..

bePositive

bePositive
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
This is GREAT news for CSE. should be in a positive territory from now.

http://www.viabletraffic.com

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum