FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT - RICH - [More information]

DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT - RICH - [More information]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

panuradha

panuradha
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
I have RICH stock 2700 . RICH announce Dividend 0.40 per share.

I want to know what is XD Date ?

and if i buy another 1000 share befour XD Date 6thDec2011 am i entitle to receive dividend ?

like to know about your views and meaning about XD ?

http://www.sysinvotechlanka.com

Trillionaire

Trillionaire
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I have the same question on my mind! Really appreciate if someone can explain this issue! Smile

ssuni

ssuni
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
If u buy RICH shares before XD date (& not on the XD date) , you entitle to receive dividend all of your shares
XD date was not there in weekly report 25.11.2011 my frnd.

ABEST


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC
Company ID: - RICH
Date of Announcement: - 25.Nov. 2011
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.40 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2011/2012
XD: - 06.Dec.2011
Payment: - 15.Dec.2011
Share Transfer Book Open

if you buy or hold RICH on 05.12.2011(end of trading hour) you can get dividend, if you buy on XD date you can not get dividend(morning of XD date),

panuradha

panuradha
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@ABEST wrote:RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC
Company ID: - RICH
Date of Announcement: - 25.Nov. 2011
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.40 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2011/2012
XD: - 06.Dec.2011
Payment: - 15.Dec.2011
Share Transfer Book Open

if you buy or hold RICH on 05.12.2011(end of trading hour) you can get dividend, if you buy on XD date you can not get dividend(morning of XD date),

Thanks for the view. are they transfer dividend amount to my CDS account or what is the procedure of that process ?



http://www.sysinvotechlanka.com

ABEST


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@panuradha wrote:
@ABEST wrote:RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC
Company ID: - RICH
Date of Announcement: - 25.Nov. 2011
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.40 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2011/2012
XD: - 06.Dec.2011
Payment: - 15.Dec.2011
Share Transfer Book Open

if you buy or hold RICH on 05.12.2011(end of trading hour) you can get dividend, if you buy on XD date you can not get dividend(morning of XD date),

Thanks for the view. are they transfer dividend amount to my CDS account or what is the procedure of that process ?



after payment date they will send a cheque to your house (i think it will depend on distance of your house, in colombo we can get within three or four working day), then you can change this cheque in your bank account,
i do not know about direct deposit from company, pls expert help to panuradha and me about direct deposit.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
@panuradha

If you don't mind, my humble request is please go through the ces website - glossary, you can find more info.

DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT - RICH - [More information] Xd10

@ssuni &abset
Thanks a lot for sharing the info.
I really appreciate.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
What you get in return is little over 4%.
Is it worth in the short run?

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
@Kithsiri wrote:What you get in return is little over 4%.
Is it worth in the short run?

In short run questionable.
For example those who own 100 shares on31/03/2010( Market price was around 55).
Now they are keeping 1500 shares due to the sub division.
For Rs.55 invested in March 2010,you are getting interim dividend around Rs.6 in Dec2011.
Which is not bad no?
Comments appreciated.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Almost 11%.
Not bad, but the risk is high compare to FD.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
@Kithsiri wrote:Almost 11%.
Not bad, but the risk is high compare to FD.
1000 times agreed. High risk.
But if we think about capital gain
Market price on 25/11/2011 Rs.8.60
15 shares after split value on 25/11/2011 Rs. 129.00
Capital gain 129 -55= 74
Please note I'm not holding RICH.
Just to see the impact of long term investment I'm keeping all the records.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Thank You Sir.
Neither me but now it has taken my attention for sure. Very Happy

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@sriranga wrote:
@Kithsiri wrote:Almost 11%.
Not bad, but the risk is high compare to FD.
1000 times agreed. High risk.
But if we think about capital gain
Market price on 25/11/2011 Rs.8.60
15 shares after split value on 25/11/2011 Rs. 129.00
Capital gain 129 -55= 74
Please note I'm not holding RICH.
Just to see the impact of long term investment I'm keeping all the records.

Sriranga, 100% agree with you

kasper

kasper
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@panuradha wrote:
@ABEST wrote:RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC
Company ID: - RICH
Date of Announcement: - 25.Nov. 2011
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.40 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2011/2012
XD: - 06.Dec.2011
Payment: - 15.Dec.2011
Share Transfer Book Open

if you buy or hold RICH on 05.12.2011(end of trading hour) you can get dividend, if you buy on XD date you can not get dividend(morning of XD date),

Thanks for the view. are they transfer dividend amount to my CDS account or what is the procedure of that process ?




you can make a request through your broker to transfer dividend amount to your bank a/c , but not to your CDS a/c.

xhora

xhora
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kasper wrote:
you can make a request through your broker to transfer dividend amount to your bank a/c , but not to your CDS a/c.

CDC accounts don't hold money its only for Shares. Money you send to the broker is with the brokers trading account.

For you question, Yes you can have dividends directly send to your bank. For that you have to submit a written request to the CDS through your broker.

kasper

kasper
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@xhora wrote:
@kasper wrote:
you can make a request through your broker to transfer dividend amount to your bank a/c , but not to your CDS a/c.

CDC accounts don't hold money its only for Shares. Money you send to the broker is with the brokers trading account.

For you question, Yes you can have dividends directly send to your bank. For that you have to submit a written request to the CDS through your broker.

for more info: http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t9795-how-to-get-dividend-cheque-directly-to-my-own-bank-account?highlight=dividend

Nuwan05


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
What is the different between Normal shares and XD shares? Please explain?

nk

nk
Stock Trader
@sriranga wrote:@panuradha

If you don't mind, my humble request is please go through the ces website - glossary, you can find more info.

DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT - RICH - [More information] Xd10

@ssuni &abset
Thanks a lot for sharing the info.
I really appreciate.

thank you for ur info

ssuni

ssuni
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Nuwan05 wrote:What is the different between Normal shares and XD shares? Please explain?
XD means that though u bought these shares u aren't entitled for dividened or rights or what ever company means.. Like a Star @ heaven

Nuwan05


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@ssuni wrote:
@Nuwan05 wrote:What is the different between Normal shares and XD shares? Please explain?
XD means that though u bought these shares u aren't entitled for dividened or rights or what ever company means.. Like a Star @ heaven


Thank you very much for the info.

Can u tell me what is the use of buying XD shares if shareholder is not entitled for dividends Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum