FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by EPS Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» NO FURTHER INCREASE IN TAXES-PRES. RANIL WICKRAMASINGHE
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by Equity Win Yesterday at 2:11 pm

» CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)
by Dasun Maduwantha Yesterday at 12:10 pm

» Nestle‚ declares highest ever dividend
by Shiranli Yesterday at 11:24 am

» PRIME LANDS RESIDENCIES PLC (PLR.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Yesterday at 11:15 am

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 9:47 am

» MULTI FINANCE PLC (MFL.N0000)
by Eleven Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:18 pm

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:43 pm

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 am

» Sinopec likely to enter Lankan fuel market
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:41 am

» RW - Rescue Warrior of Sri Lanka's Economy
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 am

» Should Central bank increase Interest rates?
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 am

» LPRT and CHOT old and profitable businesses, yet severely undervalued
by sheildskye Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:05 pm

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:24 pm

» Day Trader may find a stock attractive if it moves a lot during the day. Stock market for beginners and day traders
by Asoka Samarakone Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:54 am

» Foundation laid for Nestlé Lanka’s Rs.5bn factory expansion
by nilantha suranga Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:57 am

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by cseboss Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:21 pm

» I can't understad your behaviour
by D.G.Dayaratne Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:56 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?

+6
rijayasooriya
smallville
mark
godswen
dhanurrox
rocksan
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rocksan

rocksan
Manager - Equity Analytics

According to the explanation given by CSE to daily FT the trade that effected 5% drop in MPI index is just 1200 of DIST shares, ok will assume that someone has erroneously entered selling price as 100 instead 149.60 the closing balance, that means 49.60 X 1200 = 59,520 my question is this how can MPI drop by 5% from an error trade that the difference is just 59,520. Please correct me if i am wrong

Source : http://www.ft.lk/2011/11/26/cse-inquiring-into-bizarre-error-trade/

Last edited by rocksan on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

dhanurrox

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Before the soo called error trade MPI was around 150 down,lol

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

rocksan wrote:According to the explanation given by CSE to daily FT the trade that effected 5% drop in MPI index is just 1200 of DIST shares, ok will assume that someone has erroneously entered selling price as 100 instead 149.60 the closing balance, that means 49.60 X 1200 = 59,520 my question is this how can MPI drop by 5% from an error trade that the difference is just 59,520. Please correct me if i am wrong

The MPI didn't drop 5% only because of the DIST trade. It was about 3% down already at that time. And MPI/ASI is not calculated based on the amount of the trade but on the price of the share.

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?  Mpi_fo10

I hope you know how to calculate the market cap!

Cheers!

rocksan

rocksan

dhanurrox wrote:Before the soo called error trade MPI was around 150 down,lol

Yes, will assume this trade is just made 1%, how can it be jocolor jocolor

rocksan

rocksan

godswen wrote:

The MPI didn't drop 5% only because of the DIST trade. It was about 3% down already at that time. And MPI/ASI is not calculated based on the amount of the trade but on the price of the share.

Cheers!

OK I got it, this is just a scapegoat then Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

as i rmmbr MPI hit -263 points at the time Dist touched 100..

We cant say that its an error trade,hw u say?
so hw u guys interpret ASHO hit 1000?
IMO this cant be a wrong trade.,if this was a wrng trade thn our CSE system is a nutcase..

rocksan

rocksan

CSE web site still show it as the lowest traded price, if this an error trade they should have removed this from the system

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?  Di-Z4X9

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

godswen wrote:
rocksan wrote:According to the explanation given by CSE to daily FT the trade that effected 5% drop in MPI index is just 1200 of DIST shares, ok will assume that someone has erroneously entered selling price as 100 instead 149.60 the closing balance, that means 49.60 X 1200 = 59,520 my question is this how can MPI drop by 5% from an error trade that the difference is just 59,520. Please correct me if i am wrong

Cheers!

Gods, U mean 50K or even 120K can get the MPI 2% down even if the calc is done in above way???
OMG... I never felt that..

So if this is tru... If one has 3000 DIST, and if no buyer comes near 140 mark, if he started disposing all 3000, from 140 to say 120 range, Will MPI go down 10%?
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:
godswen wrote:

Cheers!

Gods, U mean 50K or even 120K can get the MPI 2% down even if the calc is done in above way???
OMG... I never felt that..

So if this is tru... If one has 3000 DIST, and if no buyer comes near 140 mark, if he started disposing all 3000, from 140 to say 120 range, Will MPI go down 10%?
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
We have to consider the market cap. of other 24 companies too.Otherwise everyday we could have a market halt.

Asoka Samarakone

Expert
Expert

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise.

eiyo salli

Stock Trader

unda harak apida harak?

insidertrader

Anyway I think that transaction, I believe most probably a genuine accident, saved the day. If not for that index would have fallen further than that. It just gave a reason just like people attribute the down fall to credit, SEC rules, etc.

charith82

My question is can we say it as a error trade? coz if some one accidentally put DIST sell order 1200 @ 100 how it execute. According to the theory it should match highest buyer bid. So at that time 100.00 is the highest buy bid for DIST ? Can anybody please explain this

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum