FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» ACL post share split trading and the future potential
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Chathur Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Sometimes you might find that you have lost all your money in the market by investing in the non profitable stocks in the market.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 8:34 pm

» Blossom March
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» RICH or TKYO
by RJ1010 Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» TILE / LWL / RCL
by arun.cse Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by arun.cse Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Rational Investor Yesterday at 11:58 am

» Opportunities after CSE drop
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 11:36 am

» Amana Bank's total assets cross Rs100 bilion with Rs 1billion operating profit
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:25 am

» Pakistan keen to invest in port city: Cabraal
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:16 am

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:02 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Yesterday at 10:26 am

» SANASA DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC (SDB.N0000)
by IDK Yesterday at 9:23 am

» Madura takes the Portfolio Manager 2021 leadership with staggering 3.5bn
by roshan1039 Yesterday at 5:46 am

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by ColomboCSE Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Dynamics
by sanjeewa88 Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:50 pm

» TRUE VALUE OF LANKA ALUMINUM INDUSTRY (LALU)
by Wolf86 Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:32 pm

» Value first and BUY second !
by EquityChamp Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rocksan

rocksan
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
According to the explanation given by CSE to daily FT the trade that effected 5% drop in MPI index is just 1200 of DIST shares, ok will assume that someone has erroneously entered selling price as 100 instead 149.60 the closing balance, that means 49.60 X 1200 = 59,520 my question is this how can MPI drop by 5% from an error trade that the difference is just 59,520. Please correct me if i am wrong

Source : http://www.ft.lk/2011/11/26/cse-inquiring-into-bizarre-error-trade/



Last edited by rocksan on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

dhanurrox


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Before the soo called error trade MPI was around 150 down,lol

godswen

godswen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@rocksan wrote:According to the explanation given by CSE to daily FT the trade that effected 5% drop in MPI index is just 1200 of DIST shares, ok will assume that someone has erroneously entered selling price as 100 instead 149.60 the closing balance, that means 49.60 X 1200 = 59,520 my question is this how can MPI drop by 5% from an error trade that the difference is just 59,520. Please correct me if i am wrong

Source : http://www.ft.lk/2011/11/26/cse-inquiring-into-bizarre-error-trade/

The MPI didn't drop 5% only because of the DIST trade. It was about 3% down already at that time. And MPI/ASI is not calculated based on the amount of the trade but on the price of the share.

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?  Mpi_fo10

I hope you know how to calculate the market cap!

Cheers!

rocksan

rocksan
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@dhanurrox wrote:Before the soo called error trade MPI was around 150 down,lol

Yes, will assume this trade is just made 1%, how can it be jocolor jocolor

rocksan

rocksan
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@godswen wrote:


The MPI didn't drop 5% only because of the DIST trade. It was about 3% down already at that time. And MPI/ASI is not calculated based on the amount of the trade but on the price of the share.

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?  Mpi_fo10

I hope you know how to calculate the market cap!

Cheers!


OK I got it, this is just a scapegoat then Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
as i rmmbr MPI hit -263 points at the time Dist touched 100..

We cant say that its an error trade,hw u say?
so hw u guys interpret ASHO hit 1000?
IMO this cant be a wrong trade.,if this was a wrng trade thn our CSE system is a nutcase..

rocksan

rocksan
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
CSE web site still show it as the lowest traded price, if this an error trade they should have removed this from the system

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?  Di-Z4X9

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@godswen wrote:
@rocksan wrote:According to the explanation given by CSE to daily FT the trade that effected 5% drop in MPI index is just 1200 of DIST shares, ok will assume that someone has erroneously entered selling price as 100 instead 149.60 the closing balance, that means 49.60 X 1200 = 59,520 my question is this how can MPI drop by 5% from an error trade that the difference is just 59,520. Please correct me if i am wrong

Source : http://www.ft.lk/2011/11/26/cse-inquiring-into-bizarre-error-trade/

The MPI didn't drop 5% only because of the DIST trade. It was about 3% down already at that time. And MPI/ASI is not calculated based on the amount of the trade but on the price of the share.

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?  Mpi_fo10

I hope you know how to calculate the market cap!

Cheers!

Gods, U mean 50K or even 120K can get the MPI 2% down even if the calc is done in above way???
OMG... I never felt that..

So if this is tru... If one has 3000 DIST, and if no buyer comes near 140 mark, if he started disposing all 3000, from 140 to say 120 range, Will MPI go down 10%?
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:
@godswen wrote:
@rocksan wrote:According to the explanation given by CSE to daily FT the trade that effected 5% drop in MPI index is just 1200 of DIST shares, ok will assume that someone has erroneously entered selling price as 100 instead 149.60 the closing balance, that means 49.60 X 1200 = 59,520 my question is this how can MPI drop by 5% from an error trade that the difference is just 59,520. Please correct me if i am wrong

Source : http://www.ft.lk/2011/11/26/cse-inquiring-into-bizarre-error-trade/

The MPI didn't drop 5% only because of the DIST trade. It was about 3% down already at that time. And MPI/ASI is not calculated based on the amount of the trade but on the price of the share.

MPI dropped 5% due to Rs 59520 error trade?  Mpi_fo10

I hope you know how to calculate the market cap!

Cheers!

Gods, U mean 50K or even 120K can get the MPI 2% down even if the calc is done in above way???
OMG... I never felt that..

So if this is tru... If one has 3000 DIST, and if no buyer comes near 140 mark, if he started disposing all 3000, from 140 to say 120 range, Will MPI go down 10%?
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
We have to consider the market cap. of other 24 companies too.Otherwise everyday we could have a market halt.

Asoka Samarakone


Expert
Expert
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise.

eiyo salli


Stock Trader
unda harak apida harak?

insidertrader


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Anyway I think that transaction, I believe most probably a genuine accident, saved the day. If not for that index would have fallen further than that. It just gave a reason just like people attribute the down fall to credit, SEC rules, etc.

charith82


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
My question is can we say it as a error trade? coz if some one accidentally put DIST sell order 1200 @ 100 how it execute. According to the theory it should match highest buyer bid. So at that time 100.00 is the highest buy bid for DIST ? Can anybody please explain this

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum