FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by Riz123 Today at 2:42 pm

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by samaritan Today at 12:13 pm

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:47 am

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:25 am

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:19 am

» LOFC Future
by ADVENTUS Today at 11:17 am

» Pakistan stocks surge on IMF Staff level agreement - CSE is warming up for the big run
by samaritan Today at 11:16 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Today at 10:24 am

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Yesterday at 8:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by cseboss Yesterday at 11:34 am

» NO FURTHER INCREASE IN TAXES-PRES. RANIL WICKRAMASINGHE
by ADVENTUS Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:48 pm

» CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)
by Dasun Maduwantha Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 pm

» Nestle‚ declares highest ever dividend
by Shiranli Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:24 am

» PRIME LANDS RESIDENCIES PLC (PLR.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:15 am

» MULTI FINANCE PLC (MFL.N0000)
by Eleven Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:18 pm

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 am

» Sinopec likely to enter Lankan fuel market
by samaritan Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:41 am

» RW - Rescue Warrior of Sri Lanka's Economy
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 am

» Should Central bank increase Interest rates?
by reyaz Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » SUGA !! what will happen? Advice please

SUGA !! what will happen? Advice please

+4
Antonym
bakapandithaya
pathfinder
Mark777
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SUGA !! what will happen? Advice please Empty SUGA !! what will happen? Advice please Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Mark777


Stock Trader

I have 5k of shares of SUGA which i bought 2 months a back..

moment the share s not trading and i just want to knw da future of this.. mainly whether this wil start trading anytime soon ??

pathfinder

pathfinder
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Even god doesn't know!

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Some people know, thay r in our parliament Very Happy

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Mark777 wrote:I have 5k of shares of SUGA which i bought 2 months a back..

I am sorry to disappoint you, but - as per news reports - all SUGA shares are now held by the secretary to the government treasury.

The company is contesting the applicability of the Expropriation Act and is seeking advice from the new owners. So, keep your hopes up!

5SUGA !! what will happen? Advice please Empty suga Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:31 pm

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

It Is vested in treasury.No one will be owners other than treasury.
We will have to wait 3-4 Years .
First year of operation it will be a profit.Next year marginal .After that it will start making huge losses.Then after some time that will be sold to foreigner saying foreign Investment.Give tax concession .Then foreigner will sell it back to a local entrepreneur with a huge capital gain.
once it is making profit , again if local entrepreneur is not good with the prevailing government it will be taken over like this and again this circle goes.
Ultimately local entrepreneur are loosers and foreigners are lucky winners.

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

soileconomy wrote:It Is vested in treasury.No one will be owners other than treasury.
We will have to wait 3-4 Years .
First year of operation it will be a profit.Next year marginal .After that it will start making huge losses.Then after some time that will be sold to foreigner saying foreign Investment.Give tax concession .Then foreigner will sell it back to a local entrepreneur with a huge capital gain.
once it is making profit , again if local entrepreneur is not good with the prevailing government it will be taken over like this and again this circle goes.
Ultimately local entrepreneur are loosers and foreigners are lucky winners.
For Pugoda textile shares I had at the time it was takenover by the govt and not paid compensation yet. Now I think 7,8 years have gone. Not even a letter received.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Rajaraam wrote:
For Pugoda textile shares I had at the time it was takenover by the govt and not paid compensation yet. Now I think 7,8 years have gone. Not even a letter received.


This is a crying shame. Not only the company was taken over, now the small shareholders also without any regarding to their money invested.

lak


Stock Trader

slstock wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
For Pugoda textile shares I had at the time it was takenover by the govt and not paid compensation yet. Now I think 7,8 years have gone. Not even a letter received.


This is a crying shame. Not only the company was taken over, now the small shareholders also without any regarding to their money invested.

Its not a shame. Its a Crime that Government forcefully did. I too have 6K shares of SUGA and f****** govenment smuggled them. I think CID should investigate on the government.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum