What we lack right now is only sentiments. Most shares are trading at all-time low valuations.
While making most of the trading opportunities, pick some valued shares for portfolio building.
* Seylan Bank NV is trading far below the asset value.
* Sampath bank is trading at PE of 6.5X lowest valuations in recent years
* Union Bank will make huge capital gain on part disposal of The Finance and Guarantee shares. (They are gaining a 500% return within just five months.)
* IFC & Commercial Bank structured a landmark US$ 65 mn. (Rs.7.5 bn) facility for financing SMEs in Sri Lanka.
* Within next two weeks two more commercial banks will announce similar facilities with several middle east funds.
IF WE ARE NOT INVESTING NOW, WHEN?