FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» AAIC Next multibugger- destnation beyond EXPO.
by Equity Win Today at 12:52 pm

» BIL is still a baby
by Maharaja Today at 12:36 pm

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by rajini Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» IMF team to visit Sri Lanka by month-end for staff-level agreement - CB Governor
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 6:32 pm

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by Chula Yesterday at 6:05 pm

» Stocks on the Radar at CSE
by samaritan Yesterday at 5:28 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by K.R Yesterday at 4:14 pm

» Sri Lanka's first ever fully electric super car 'Vega'
by samaritan Yesterday at 2:19 pm

» SEMB.N and SEMB.X
by adjoseph Yesterday at 1:12 pm

» Forcus on Government controlled entities
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 9:26 am

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:33 pm

» BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)
by arun.cse Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:37 pm

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by arun.cse Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:55 pm

» RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC (RAL.N0000) TP. 7
by Cma Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:08 am

» Sri Lankan Port Transshipment Hub Threats & Opportunities
by rajini Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:53 am

» LANKA INDIAN OIL CORPORATION - Maharaja
by Maharaja Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:07 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by SamJay1974 Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:12 pm

» APLA - Very very undervalued share - Target Price
by Jana Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:07 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by Chamath1980 Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:07 pm

» New Bermuda Triangle
by rajini Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Let's talk about GAS

Let's talk about GAS

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Let's talk about GAS Empty Let's talk about GAS Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 pm

nkalansu


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I have purchased LGL.X at 21 to 24 range. Is it a wise decision?

I am a long term investor. (i.e. 2 to 3 years)

2Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:06 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

nkalansu wrote:I have purchased LGL.X at 21 to 24 range. Is it a wise decision?
I am a long term investor. (i.e. 2 to 3 years)

What were the reasons behind the decision.. Then we can discuss about this..

3Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 pm

nkalansu


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Future prospects

It is an essential commodity.

When there is economic growth, need for energy is high

With the increase of living standards and increase of income people tend to shift to modern lifestyles which require high energy consumption.


Speculations and speculative behavior

There is a rumor that Gov. going to hand over the management of Litro to LGL (can't confirm)

Lot of high net worth guys have bought this at very high prices. (N share between Rs. 45 to 55 range)

EPF has bought N share at Rs. 48/= big quantity.


Financials ..................

Increased revenues

Increased profits year on year

Increased ROE

PER. PBR are acceptable.

Also last time they paid a good dividend too. Rs. 1.50 per N and X shares.

Compared to N share X is at a discount I think.

So I feel long term prospects are good. I have taken this decision based on fundamentals and future prospects.

Please if you could find some faults... and advise me why i should not buy more.....



Last edited by nkalansu on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total

4Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

This is good share and no question on it. Since you are going to hold this for 2-3 years, sure you will get a good return.

I agree with all your points except the management issue because of the current government policies. The government is in a position to acquire some of private owned companies back. So it is highly questionable that the Government will handover the management of Litro to LGL at this time. Anyway it a way of creating a monopolyalso.. But anything can happen..

Who are the main suppliers of Gas to LGL? Do you know? Are they import from somewhere?
If I can rember, at the time when SHELL is in operation, the GOSL is the main supplier of Gas to LGL? I may be wrong and don’t know about the agreement. If it is the GOSL who supplies Gas to LGL then how about the sustainabilty of this supplier chain.

Please see the last paragraph of page 5 in the Annual report.

“Although our performance is credible, It was achieved with many obstacles. The reduction of the supply of LP Gas output from Ceylon Petrolium Cooperation (CPC) refinary to LAUGH from 100% to 50% is worth mentioning in this review, since it has a significant impact of the pricing of the domestic cylinder of your company.”

Lets thik GOSL reduce it supply of LPGas further to LGL. They have to increase the price and have to compete with Litro provided by GOSL at a low rate. This will affect to their market share significantly.

5Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:35 am

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Its worth looking into the following post;

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t2831-third-player-to-enter-sri-lanka-s-lp-gas-market

6Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:11 am

nkalansu


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

nkalansu wrote:Future prospects

It is an essential commodity.

When there is economic growth, need for energy is high

With the increase of living standards and increase of income people tend to shift to modern lifestyles which require high energy consumption.


Speculations and speculative behavior

There is a rumor that Gov. going to hand over the management of Litro to LGL (can't confirm)

Lot of high net worth guys have bought this at very high prices. (N share between Rs. 45 to 55 range)

EPF has bought N share at Rs. 48/= big quantity.


Financials ..................

Increased revenues

Increased profits year on year

Increased ROE

PER. PBR are acceptable.

Also last time they paid a good dividend too. Rs. 1.50 per N and X shares.

Compared to N share X is at a discount I think.

So I feel long term prospects are good. I have taken this decision based on fundamentals and future prospects.

Please if you could find some faults... and advise me why i should not buy more.....

Please see the following.............
Attachments
Let's talk about GAS AttachmentEPF buying Laugfs.doc
This was on front page of Daily FT on 12.10.2011
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(83 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

7Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:40 am

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think LGL.X is good price 2 collect

8Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:38 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I read this article at the time EPF bought LGL shares but I dont think GOSL will create a monopoly situation for LPGas in SL because Gas was a critical political issue when SHELL had the monopoly.

On the other hand GOSL can co-operate with LGL over the management and will allow more palyeres to operate in SL. Anything can happen in SL and it depends on how far LGL management having a close relationship with GOSL top level officiers and politicians.

9Let's talk about GAS Empty Re: Let's talk about GAS Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:14 pm

WildBear


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

TortoizePlus wrote:I read this article at the time EPF bought LGL shares but I dont think GOSL will create a monopoly situation for LPGas in SL because Gas was a critical political issue when SHELL had the monopoly.

On the other hand GOSL can co-operate with LGL over the management and will allow more palyeres to operate in SL. Anything can happen in SL and it depends on how far LGL management having a close relationship with GOSL top level officiers and politicians.

GOSL become a significant stake holder in LGL with recent EPF deal.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum