FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last Chance to buy Good shares at Highly Discounted Price

+13
bakapandithaya
Quibit
kam2011
Rajitha
cseguide
deep
illuminati
raa
CSE.SAS
bePositive
hasi17
notme
Rajaraam
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:I guess we have only very few days to buy extreamely good shares at highly discounted price. Just imagine we can buy now.;

Shares of good Plantation company(Elpitiya)-At EPS is around 3.5
(estimate based on last 6months EPS)

Thare are many more. I dont think we will have a chance like this again in the near future.

Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77

I agree.That is a mistake. OK will take Kegalle Based on estimated EPS( according to Rs. 11.53 for last 6 months)is 23.06. Market price 96.10 .Then PE is 96.10/23.06=4.16

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

raa

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Rajaraam wrote:
hasi17 wrote:That's sounds like a sweep ticket seller.

How many of those numbers have non recurring gains as sell offs, asset revaluations which is no cash at all just a big number written in the books, etc.
Most of those profits are not recurring core business profits. In the next quarters those profits will decline dramatically.

As far as I heard today foreigner sold the COMB shares. Other transactions were between locals.

So give examples without just shouting like a frog. You are mad. Foreiners are dealing shares. buy and sell.
They mainly involve in trading rather than investing in a market like CSE.. You cant even understand that simple thing.Pl study their behavior for last 2-3 years and try to understand the market before posting.

If you have reliable information about a market upturn, please share with us when it will happen. "Last few days" isn't a reliable indication.

I'm pretty sure foreign funds are more investor and less short term trading...

Also, DIPD had a 1bn capital gain for disposing their position in Hayleys so their P/E might be less than what you stated. Why did you mention DIPD over RCL or GLAS for manufacturing? I don't know about the other recommendations you gave, but i do remember this one example of non-recurring income.

Rajaraam

hasi17 wrote:Good luck for 1000 posts CSE.SAS. Next time add each word as a new post.

No surprise the market is crazy with these ignorant traders. Probably Sri Lankan traders don't know the difference between the any numbers.

These must be probably that fishy broker's reports. They are just dumb adding up of the given last number given.

One of the given companies have the most inconsistent reports I've seen. One got a windfall. Other 2 quarters are nearly zero profits. Other one they made property revaluation. The final number is single digit PE ratio but really it should be may be over 30 because for one year they haven't really have nothing in the core business.
Another company has a lame profit every quarter with sell offs in 2 quarters shadowing all the other quarters for now.
One's the core business profits were declining slowly and the expenses were growing. They covered it up by selling off assets. But then the driver switched.

One company has a huge sell off and they have a sector which will drag them down in the future, eating their core business profits.

I appriciate the way you are trying to explain your views. But still you should give solid example with figures.
Coz I feel the PE of the companies I mentioned above are mainly based on their core business.Anyway may be you have some valid reason to disagree . Why not you elaborate little more with exact figures. Thank you for contributing to the topic.

Last edited by Rajaraam on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

CSE.SAS

Global Moderator

[quote="Rajaraam"]
CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:I guess we have only very few days to buy extreamely good shares at highly discounted price. Just imagine we can buy now.;
Shares of good Telecom Company(Dialog) -At EPS around 8.2
(estimate based on last 9 months EPS)

there are many more. I dont think we will have a chance like this again in the near future.

Earning per share

DIAL

2010/2011(FY) 0.62
2011/2012(6m) 0.48
Rajaraam can i ask u one question,u ownly did this research or copied blindly???

[/quote

Your figure is for 6 months. Estimate for year based on that figour. Then it is 0.96.Market price is 7.90
Then caculate PE= 7.90/0.96=8.22

Then why u mention EPS,need to mention P/E ratio...

CSE.SAS

Global Moderator

hasi17 wrote:Good luck for 1000 posts CSE.SAS. Next time add each word as a new post.

No surprise the market is crazy with these ignorant traders. Probably Sri Lankan traders don't know the difference between the any numbers.

These must be probably that fishy broker's reports. They are just dumb adding up of the given last number given.

One of the given companies have the most inconsistent reports I've seen. One got a windfall. Other 2 quarters are nearly zero profits. Other one they made property revaluation. The final number is single digit PE ratio but really it should be may be over 30 because for one year they haven't really have nothing in the core business.
Another company has a lame profit every quarter with sell offs in 2 quarters shadowing all the other quarters for now.
One's the core business profits were declining slowly and the expenses were growing. They covered it up by selling off assets. But then the driver switched.
One company has a huge sell off and they have a sector which will drag them down in the future, eating their core business profits.

I m not worry too much about 1000th post..

Just mention the mistake seperately...

Rajaraam

raa,
Thank you for the point. That will prevent ppl misleading. I have failed to notice that one time gain. So definetely it's PE on real core business should be much lesser.I appologise 100 times.

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Rajaraam wrote:
CSE.SAS wrote:

Thare are many more. I dont think we will have a chance like this again in the near future.

Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77

I agree.That is a mistake. OK will take Kegalle Based on estimated EPS( according to Rs. 11.53 for last 6 months)is 23.06. Market price 96.10 .Then PE is 96.10/23.06=4.16

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

P/E ratio market price relative to the annual net income or profit earned by the firm per share.

Everyday market price changing in market.

Then need to mention the price or date.

Thax.

Rajaraam

CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
CSE.SAS wrote:

Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

P/E ratio market price relative to the annual net income or profit earned by the firm per share.

Thax.

Calculations are based on today's market price. If you have different views on PE s I dont mind.

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Rajaraam wrote:
CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
CSE.SAS wrote:

Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

Thax.

Calculations are based on today's market price. If you have different views on PE s I dont mind.

In your first post in this topic your not mention P/E....only mention EPS..

Rajaraam

THANK YOU CSE.SAS, IT should be PE not EPS. Thank you very much.I have already amended after you mentioned.

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

Rajaraam wrote:THANK YOU CSE.SAS, IT should be PE not EPS. Thank you very much.I have already amended after you mentioned.

Dont take any my comment personally..every human made and making mistake..

Now i m supporting for your research..

illuminati

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Remember the fishmonger trying to sell his last bit of rotten fish !

deep

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@Rajaram...
Do u think that people would use credit facility (if extended) to buy those things rather than buying HVA,PAP,LHCL,AAIC,RGEM ??

Hehe.. u stil don't know much about our investors...GBU

deep

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:
Shares of a good Plantation company(Elpitiya)-At PE is around 3.5

Are you mad Rajaram ??
Last qtr and coming qtrs are also carrying on loss ?? You seem to be stuck with ELPL...
In your basis all the plantations should be undervalued...

Anyway I have read enough your too optimistic stories during last few weeks...

Last edited by deep on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

cseguide

cseguide

Now their are very good value shares to invest for long term

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Nice post count on this topic with great quality!
You guys should try to post one word in a post and try to make a post next!

hasi17

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajitha wrote:Nice post count on this topic with great quality!
You guys should try to post one word in a post and try to make a post next!

agree

Last edited by hasi17 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total

hasi17

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Anyway if you just take the broker give values to put your money, then remember there was a bank with a under 10 PE ratio a year ago, it was the bank with the lowest PE ratio. It was like more than half the other banks. Now what happens, the share price has halved and it's still overvalued. Its PE ratio is now climbing.

illuminati

A fish monger trying to sell his fish rotten fish!

kam2011

deep wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:

Are you mad Rajaram ??
Last qtr and coming qtrs are also carrying on loss ?? You seem to be stuck with ELPL...

deep,
I noticed Rajaraam has corrected that yesterday. Pl. see below;

by Rajaraam Yesterday at 9:57 pm

CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
I guess we have only very few days to buy extreamely good shares at highly discounted price. Just imagine we can buy now.;

Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

kam2011

deep wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:

Are you mad Rajaram ??

deep,
He is not mad deep. I noticed he has corrected that mistake last night. See below please.

Re: Last Chance to buy Good shares at Highly Discounted Price

CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
I guess we have only very few days to buy extreamely good shares at highly discounted price. Just imagine we can buy now.;

Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

Rajaraam

Virtual Portfolio (Rs): 1,000,000

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

If you analyze the Stock prices and ASI during last 20 years, you notice that it usually tend dip during the holiday months like November/ December and picks up again in January. Only exception was 2009 December the year end after the civil war. Fact that the this holiday season was preceded by a downturn in the market would make mathematician believe that there is a high probability that market will pick up in January and current prices are bargain prices. Some of the valuations based on forward PER also make this belief justifiable!!

Lets enjoy the holiday and wait for better things next year. Picking good shares at the right prices is the success of any investor.

deep

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

kam2011 wrote:
deep wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:

Are you mad Rajaram ??

deep,
He is not mad deep. I noticed he has corrected that mistake last night. See below please.

Re: Last Chance to buy Good shares at Highly Discounted Price

CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:

Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

Rajaraam

Virtual Portfolio (Rs): 1,000,000

Tnx.

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

In plantation, lot of good shares r there than ELPL

kam2011

hasi17 wrote:Anyway if you just take the broker give values to put your money, then remember there was a bank with a under 10 PE ratio a year ago, it was the bank with the lowest PE ratio. It was like more than half the other banks. Now what happens, the share price has halved and it's still overvalued. Its PE ratio is now climbing.

hasi17,
What is that bank. pl share.

Rajaraam

illuminati wrote:Remember the fishmonger trying to sell his last bit of rotten fish !

Do you think SAMPATH,ALLI,DIMO,DIPPED,DIAL,BROWNS and RENU ARE ROTTEN FISH?

This indicates your poor knowledge about Fish or/and stocks.

Rajaraam

hasi17 wrote:Anyway if you just take the broker give values to put your money, then remember there was a bank with a under 10 PE ratio a year ago, it was the bank with the lowest PE ratio. It was like more than half the other banks. Now what happens, the share price has halved and it's still overvalued. Its PE ratio is now climbing.

You are refering to what bank? It may be a interesting story. Could you pl. tell us.

Sana

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:

You are refering to what bank? It may be a interesting story. Could you pl. tell us.

I think he is refering to chilaw finance Very Happy

Rajaraam

illuminati wrote:Remember the fishmonger trying to sell his last bit of rotten fish !

Remember some are awaiting till last minute of Sunday market to buy fish at much cheaper price from fishwives but they don't know that they buy dirty rotten fish not suitable even to dogs.

Rajaraam

Sana wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:

I think he is refering to chilaw finance Very Happy

No Sana, he is refering to a Bank. Not a finance company. In fact I would like to study that case which will be very useful to enhance our knowledge in share dealing.

Come on hasi17. Pl. reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum