FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Last Chance to buy Good shares at Highly Discounted Price

Last Chance to buy Good shares at Highly Discounted Price

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@deep wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:
Shares of a good Plantation company(Elpitiya)-At PE is around 3.5
(estimate based on last 6months EPS)

Are you mad Rajaram ??
Last qtr and coming qtrs are also carrying on loss ?? You seem to be stuck with ELPL...
In your basis all the plantations should be undervalued...

Anyway I have read enough your too optimistic stories during last few weeks...

deep,
He is not mad deep. I noticed he has corrected that mistake last night. See below please.


Re: Last Chance to buy Good shares at Highly Discounted Price
by Rajaraam Yesterday at 9:57 pm

CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
I guess we have only very few days to buy extreamely good shares at highly discounted price. Just imagine we can buy now.;

Shares of good Plantation company(Elpitiya)-At EPS is around 3.5
(estimate based on last 6months EPS)

Thare are many more. I dont think we will have a chance like this again in the near future.


Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77


I agree.That is a mistake. OK will take Kegalle Based on estimated EPS( according to Rs. 11.53 for last 6 months)is 23.06. Market price 96.10 .Then PE is 96.10/23.06=4.16

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

Rajaraam
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics


Posts: 723
Points: 964
Virtual Portfolio (Rs): 1,000,000
Join date: 2011-07-01


Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
If you analyze the Stock prices and ASI during last 20 years, you notice that it usually tend dip during the holiday months like November/ December and picks up again in January. Only exception was 2009 December the year end after the civil war. Fact that the this holiday season was preceded by a downturn in the market would make mathematician believe that there is a high probability that market will pick up in January and current prices are bargain prices. Some of the valuations based on forward PER also make this belief justifiable!!

Lets enjoy the holiday and wait for better things next year. Picking good shares at the right prices is the success of any investor.

deep


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@kam2011 wrote:
@deep wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:
Shares of a good Plantation company(Elpitiya)-At PE is around 3.5
(estimate based on last 6months EPS)

Are you mad Rajaram ??
Last qtr and coming qtrs are also carrying on loss ?? You seem to be stuck with ELPL...
In your basis all the plantations should be undervalued...

Anyway I have read enough your too optimistic stories during last few weeks...

deep,
He is not mad deep. I noticed he has corrected that mistake last night. See below please.


Re: Last Chance to buy Good shares at Highly Discounted Price
by Rajaraam Yesterday at 9:57 pm

CSE.SAS wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
I guess we have only very few days to buy extreamely good shares at highly discounted price. Just imagine we can buy now.;

Shares of good Plantation company(Elpitiya)-At EPS is around 3.5
(estimate based on last 6months EPS)

Thare are many more. I dont think we will have a chance like this again in the near future.


Earning per share

Elipitiya Plantation

2010/2011(FY) 4.99
2011/2012(6m) 0.77


I agree.That is a mistake. OK will take Kegalle Based on estimated EPS( according to Rs. 11.53 for last 6 months)is 23.06. Market price 96.10 .Then PE is 96.10/23.06=4.16

Agalawatta PE also 5.0

Rajaraam
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics


Posts: 723
Points: 964
Virtual Portfolio (Rs): 1,000,000
Join date: 2011-07-01



Tnx.

bakapandithaya


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
In plantation, lot of good shares r there than ELPL

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@hasi17 wrote:Anyway if you just take the broker give values to put your money, then remember there was a bank with a under 10 PE ratio a year ago, it was the bank with the lowest PE ratio. It was like more than half the other banks. Now what happens, the share price has halved and it's still overvalued. Its PE ratio is now climbing.

hasi17,
What is that bank. pl share.

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@illuminati wrote:Remember the fishmonger trying to sell his last bit of rotten fish !

Do you think SAMPATH,ALLI,DIMO,DIPPED,DIAL,BROWNS and RENU ARE ROTTEN FISH?

This indicates your poor knowledge about Fish or/and stocks.

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@hasi17 wrote:Anyway if you just take the broker give values to put your money, then remember there was a bank with a under 10 PE ratio a year ago, it was the bank with the lowest PE ratio. It was like more than half the other banks. Now what happens, the share price has halved and it's still overvalued. Its PE ratio is now climbing.

You are refering to what bank? It may be a interesting story. Could you pl. tell us.

Sana


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Rajaraam wrote:
@hasi17 wrote:Anyway if you just take the broker give values to put your money, then remember there was a bank with a under 10 PE ratio a year ago, it was the bank with the lowest PE ratio. It was like more than half the other banks. Now what happens, the share price has halved and it's still overvalued. Its PE ratio is now climbing.

You are refering to what bank? It may be a interesting story. Could you pl. tell us.

I think he is refering to chilaw finance Very Happy

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@illuminati wrote:Remember the fishmonger trying to sell his last bit of rotten fish !

Remember some are awaiting till last minute of Sunday market to buy fish at much cheaper price from fishwives but they don't know that they buy dirty rotten fish not suitable even to dogs.

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Sana wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:
@hasi17 wrote:Anyway if you just take the broker give values to put your money, then remember there was a bank with a under 10 PE ratio a year ago, it was the bank with the lowest PE ratio. It was like more than half the other banks. Now what happens, the share price has halved and it's still overvalued. Its PE ratio is now climbing.

You are refering to what bank? It may be a interesting story. Could you pl. tell us.

I think he is refering to chilaw finance Very Happy

No Sana, he is refering to a Bank. Not a finance company. In fact I would like to study that case which will be very useful to enhance our knowledge in share dealing.

Come on hasi17. Pl. reply.

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Looks like this is the last chance. Turn started. But too early to say this run would continue or not. Should watch closely whether volumes will increase tomorrow.Any way I feel we are in last few days to buy at bargain price.

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
yes , broker credit was not given .... current upward trend seem to be solid..

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Rajaraam wrote:Looks like this is the last chance. Turn started. But too early to say this run would continue or not. Should watch closely whether volumes will increase tomorrow.Any way I feel we are in last few days to buy at bargain price.

We have to hope there will be more suckers to sell them after we buy at these prices.

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aamiable wrote:yes , broker credit was not given .... current upward trend seem to be solid..

So did the company profits double suddenly or the retail customers are taken for ride?

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@aj wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:Looks like this is the last chance. Turn started. But too early to say this run would continue or not. Should watch closely whether volumes will increase tomorrow.Any way I feel we are in last few days to buy at bargain price.

We have to hope there will be more suckers to sell them after we buy at these prices.

So you are not happy when the market up. Suckers or Sucklers we are not worried.Market should go up. May be you have missed your collection oppotunity.

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
If they announced broker credit ....then taken for ride..... Currently no such announcements.....Some have started to average…

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is the reason.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t14269-i-found-the-reason-for-the-green

kaka


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
this week good for collection

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum