FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Are You an Addict? Vote_lcap68%Are You an Addict? Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Are You an Addict? Vote_lcap18%Are You an Addict? Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Are You an Addict? Vote_lcap13%Are You an Addict? Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FUN CHRONICLE™ » Are You an Addict?

Are You an Addict?

+8
essares
manula
amilaela
pushpakumara
bakapandithaya
capitalgain
Kumar
sriranga
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are You an Addict? Empty Are You an Addict? Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:08 am

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
1. I am preoccupied with daily information about my trades or I am preoccupied with thoughts of past and future trades.

2. A major reason I trade is to escape worries, pressures, anxiety, depression.

3. I experience extreme highs when I win and extreme lows when I lose.

4. I feel uncomfortable with accumulated cash in my account and have an urgent need to keep it in action.

5. I am restless or irritable when unable to trade. For example, when short of money, away on vacation or trying to cut back.

6. I need to increase the amount traded to maintain the high or the excitement.

7. My investments or trades are increasingly speculative or risky.

8. I have more money at risk in the markets than I can afford to lose.

9. I often engage in high-volume trading, to outguess the direction of the market.

10. My trades are highly leveraged.

11. I do not open brokerage statements to avoid having to think about my losses.

12. I borrow money from family, friends, credit cards or other sources to trade.

13. I have not yet paid back the money.

14. I have had someone else provide money to relieve a trading crisis.

15. I have lied to hide my trading or how much money was involved.

16. When losses pile up, I increase my bets in an effort to recoup the losses.

17. I want to stop trading but do not think I can, or I am unsuccessful when I try to control, cut back or stop.

18. I risk losing or have lost work, family or other commitments by dint of the time and money taken up by my trading.

19. I committed an illegal act to get money to trade or to pay back a loan for my trading.

20. I wonder whether I am gambling excessively in the markets.

Scoring your YES answers:
0 - No gambling problem
1 or 2 - Possible future problem
3 or 4 - Mild current problem
5 or 6 - Moderate current problem
7 or more - Severe current problem

Source: Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

2Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:32 am

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think most of us seems to be gamblers no?

3Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:33 am

capitalgain

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
OMG.... Siranga thanks for making me realize that I am addicted .......
Great article !!!!
Should try to work on my addiction from now on Smile

4Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:07 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Good post sri. useful 4 evry1 & we can decide whr w r?

5Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:53 am

pushpakumara

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Have not they more of fears than addictions? A person who does day trading and his sole income is from trading of shares will have most of it. Because he will have to meet his monthly financial commitments such as payments of his bank loans, credit card/s,vehicle maintainance,household expenses etc. So making some profits within a short period of time taking a big risk is his aim. I may be wrong just my view.

6Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:16 am

Kumar

Kumar
@pushpakumara wrote:Have not they more of fears than addictions? A person who does day trading and his sole income is from trading of shares will have most of it. Because he will have to meet his monthly financial commitments such as payments of his bank loans, credit card/s,vehicle maintainance,household expenses etc. So making some profits within a short period of time taking a big risk is his aim. I may be wrong just my view.
IMOH the person who is doing trading as his/her sole lively earning need to be well-disciplined in his strategy to win. If they fail continuously that mean their behaviour will drag them to gambling addiction. (may be I'm wrong,correct me)

7Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:16 pm

pushpakumara

Yes to an extent he tends to go for gambling because back of his mind is his financial commitments and duty towards his family . This happens especially at a time the market is down. Time is precious for him. He tends to take all available opportunities to make that buck in order to save his dear life to earn something at least for his living. My understanding is day trading is all about taking bigger risks than an investor who does lot of careful analysis before a buy decision. That luxury is not available for a day trader. He is like a field commander who needs to take on the spot decisions. It could be wrong it could be right.

8Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Kumar

Kumar
@pushpakumara wrote:Yes to an extent he tends to go for gambling because back of his mind is his financial commitments and duty towards his family . This happens especially at a time the market is down. Time is precious for him. He tends to take all available opportunities to make that buck in order to save his dear life to earn something at least for his living. My understanding is day trading is all about taking bigger risks than an investor who does lot of careful analysis before a buy decision. That luxury is not available for a day trader. He is like a field commander who needs to take on the spot decisions. It could be wrong it could be right.

You are right up to certain extend. Anyway I think the following link will give more info to us regarding trading.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t13983-20-golden-rules-for-day-traders

9Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 pm

pushpakumara

Thanks Kumar for the link. My original post was about 20 attributes mentioned by Sriranga are addictions or fear a person has? My opinion was some of those more of fears than addictions. Nevertheless thank you for the link but we deal with CSE and I,m not too sure how relevance most of those in practical sense.

10Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:06 pm

amilaela

amilaela
thanks

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001851586843

11Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:18 am

manula

@pushpakumara wrote:Have not they more of fears than addictions? A person who does day trading and his sole income is from trading of shares will have most of it. Because he will have to meet his monthly financial commitments such as payments of his bank loans, credit card/s,vehicle maintainance,household expenses etc. So making some profits within a short period of time taking a big risk is his aim. I may be wrong just my view.

You can play with monthly saving for day trading.. and if you follow one or two specualtive share and study very well the pattern hope you can gain..Buying the fundamental shares is like a fixed deposit ..you are saving in the bank

12Are You an Addict? Empty Re. Are You an Addict Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:51 am

essares

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Can you please list some fundamental shares

13Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:36 am

pushpakumara

@manula wrote:

You can play with monthly saving for day trading.. and if you follow one or two specualtive share and study very well the pattern hope you can gain..Buying the fundamental shares is like a fixed deposit ..you are saving in the bank

Thanks Manula for your opinion. All due respect to your opinion good that if it happens the same way as you and I wish. When once portfolio is 90% to 100% in the negative zone it is hardly anything that a day trader can do other than sell some of those at a loss and go for some speculative counters to earn for some living, is not it? I am just talking about the immediate past the time the market was at a decline beginning from March this year. I am not too sure how many fundamentaly sound stocks had a steady growth during this period.Wish to hear if you or some one has such details. Just my opinion Question Very Happy

14Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:36 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
@pushpakumara wrote:
@manula wrote:

Thanks Manula for your opinion. All due respect to your opinion good that if it happens the same way as you and I wish. When once portfolio is 90% to 100% in the negative zone it is hardly anything that a day trader can do other than sell some of those at a loss and go for some speculative counters to earn for some living, is not it? I am just talking about the immediate past the time the market was at a decline beginning from March this year. I am not too sure how many fundamentaly sound stocks had a steady growth during this period.Wish to hear if you or some one has such details. Just my opinion Question Very Happy

Please find attached PDF Document from Capital Trust, where we can find the share price movements for the last 1 year month wise(6 months).
Hope may be this will help your requirement.
If not excuse me for bothering.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

15Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:12 am

pushpakumara

[quote="sriranga"]
@pushpakumara wrote:
@manula wrote:

Please find attached PDF Document from Capital Trust, where we can find the share price movements for the last 1 year month wise(6 months).
Hope may be this will help your requirement.
If not excuse me for bothering.[/q

Thanks a lot Sriranga. But attachment could not be opened. If you could post it again. Thank you again.

16Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:08 pm

mra

mra
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Kumar wrote:I think most of us seems to be gamblers no?

ane yes no????

17Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 am

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Yes this is good one to evalute ourself.
Good to share.

18Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:45 pm

lemuria

good post mate. keep up good job.

19Are You an Addict? Empty Re: Are You an Addict? Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:17 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@mra wrote:
@Kumar wrote:I think most of us seems to be gamblers no?

ane yes no????

im a gambler only on my selected shares Smile btw not an investor Idea

thanks siri for sharing Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum