FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» Maldives records over 100,000 tourist arrivals in first 35 days of the year
by target1 Today at 4:36 am

» Many positives for Next week
by madukp Today at 3:22 am

» EXPO EXPO EXPO
by Gowri123 Today at 12:35 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 9:50 pm

» still I believe this
by 100Bill Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» Kind of behavior traders engage in when they are frustrated and want their money back from the market. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 8:19 pm

» Investor sentiment - will there ever be a recovery?
by xhunter Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Let's have a stop-loss strategy to maximize investment returns in stock market
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 6:56 pm

» Norway -> biggest shareholder of NDB
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 6:42 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by samaritan Yesterday at 5:41 pm

» කොටස් මිල දී ගන්න මෙය හොඳම කාලයයි – රාජ්‍ය අමාත්‍ය කබ්රාල්
by samaritan Yesterday at 5:07 pm

» IS it right time to stick to warren buffett's most famous saying ???
by Mr. X Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» CSE - The World's best performer!
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 2:42 pm

» Best Broker
by Wickyz Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Game Changed! SUPER GREEN
by Karthick Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Blue Diamond
by thavam_Eu Yesterday at 12:07 pm

» GALORE OF GOOD NEWS TO THE CSE
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 11:58 am

» TRUE VALUE OF LANKA ALUMINUM INDUSTRY (LALU)
by Trading Jockey Yesterday at 10:26 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » I found the reason for the green

I found the reason for the green

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I found the reason for the green Empty I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
SLTL went up by 5% (SLTL found gold in their propety?)
JKH, HNB, TRAN, CTC followed

Check out the chart in the contributor list at http://www.cse.lk/welcome.htm

And now foolish retail traders go after it like...

Look at the transactions in SLTL 100, 100, 100, 100
Chicken stock also has the same pattern today. Smile

For more information please read http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t13880-cse-contributor-graph



Last edited by aj on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

lokuayya


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
last few days maket gone down in the same way.
so these days index is not an true indicator.we have see few days with above 2 billion turn over to see the real market sentiment .

3I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
aj, look at the figures correctly. All 10 sectors are green. Not only SLT and JKH.

4I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@lokuayya wrote:last few days maket gone down in the same way.
so these days index is not an true indicator.we have see few days with above 2 billion turn over to see the real market sentiment .

I too agree with your point lokuayya.

5I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
At least some form of positive development after months…..165 positive contributions….. last year also picked up in mid December..

6I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:19 pm

kaka


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
positive started

7I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:21 pm

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Rajaraam wrote:aj, look at the figures correctly. All 10 sectors are green. Not only SLT and JKH.

Because retail traders follow like mice easily before thinking. They act first. Everything was going down. So making it go upwards momentarily is not difficult as there were not much transactions.

8I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@aj wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:aj, look at the figures correctly. All 10 sectors are green. Not only SLT and JKH.

Because retail traders follow like mice easily before thinking. They act first. Everything was going down. So making it go upwards momentarily is not difficult as there were not much transactions.
What is this attitude ? Do u think all retailors are foolish ? For some so called highly intelligent people retailors are the always wrong doers and foolish fellows.

9I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:33 pm

sahan8896


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
aj is a dam collecter,see his recent post,looser Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

10I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 pm

hariesha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@aj wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:aj, look at the figures correctly. All 10 sectors are green. Not only SLT and JKH.

Because retail traders follow like mice easily before thinking. They act first. Everything was going down. So making it go upwards momentarily is not difficult as there were not much transactions.
What is this attitude ? Do u think all retailors are foolish ? For some so called highly intelligent people retailors are the always wrong doers and foolish fellows.

Totally agree with you. Some guys are always disseminating negative feelings. Others have to think why they are negative? What's the benefit they are getting? They want to rob the shares at low prices or they are completely exhausted during the drop due to their negative attitude and now they want to exhaust others also. This is a very bad attitude.

11I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Appuhamy


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
aj is a extreme bear. I wonder why he has invested in CSE with as he called "Foolish" retailer.

12I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Deva


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@aj wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:aj, look at the figures correctly. All 10 sectors are green. Not only SLT and JKH.

Because retail traders follow like mice easily before thinking. They act first. Everything was going down. So making it go upwards momentarily is not difficult as there were not much transactions.
What is this attitude ? Do u think all retailors are foolish ? For some so called highly intelligent people retailors are the always wrong doers and foolish fellows.

You are very correct rijayasooriya, there are lot of pandiths who always try to let down retailers. They forget the fact that once they also would have been in the same category. Everybody has a learning curve.
I am a retailer and I believe most of us are retailers comparatively.

13I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:57 pm

hariesha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Deva wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@aj wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:aj, look at the figures correctly. All 10 sectors are green. Not only SLT and JKH.

Because retail traders follow like mice easily before thinking. They act first. Everything was going down. So making it go upwards momentarily is not difficult as there were not much transactions.
What is this attitude ? Do u think all retailors are foolish ? For some so called highly intelligent people retailors are the always wrong doers and foolish fellows.

You are very correct rijayasooriya, there are lot of pandiths who always try to let down retailers. They forget the fact that once they also would have been in the same category. Everybody has a learning curve.
I am a retailer and I believe most of us are retailers comparatively.

I think most of the users are retailers. Anybody having portfolios less than 20 million are small investors in other words retailers.

14I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Universalgoal


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
ternover is verry low but seems no one is selling at low thats mean CSE has reach the lowest? no panic sellers can be seen did you see that the greg gave signals in the morning, market direction

15I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:59 pm

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Deva wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@aj wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:aj, look at the figures correctly. All 10 sectors are green. Not only SLT and JKH.

Because retail traders follow like mice easily before thinking. They act first. Everything was going down. So making it go upwards momentarily is not difficult as there were not much transactions.
What is this attitude ? Do u think all retailors are foolish ? For some so called highly intelligent people retailors are the always wrong doers and foolish fellows.

You are very correct rijayasooriya, there are lot of pandiths who always try to let down retailers. They forget the fact that once they also would have been in the same category. Everybody has a learning curve.
I am a retailer and I believe most of us are retailers comparatively.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Next time I'll use the word intelligent investors. This is not the topic we should be concerned about. I just wanted to get people to see something that happened. Otherwise they will be confused what is going on, follow the crowd and end up losing more. I'm happy even 5 people looked at the transactions and say 'aha'. I just gave a reason.

16I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:07 pm

pushpakumara


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Looks like we have come to a junction. Will this be a turning point?
Days Volume 15,907,457
Turnover 348,963,276
Trades - 7083
Ups 182
Downs 25
Cash map 60.33%
ASI up by 76.52
MPI up by 79.56 MPI is greater than ASI. I think a good sign?

Low turnover but 182 ups. It was a quiet day. No major rallies. A settled market?

Just my opinion.

Let us see.



Last edited by pushpakumara on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

17I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:08 pm

kaka


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Good day for everyone

18I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:25 pm

illuminati


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@kaka wrote:Good day for everyone
Today was a cleverly manipulated market day. Poor ' intelligent investors" (as it is more respectable) jumped in. Look at the top 10 gainers. All crap!

19I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:39 pm

HotBargain


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@illuminati wrote:
@kaka wrote:Good day for everyone
Today was a cleverly manipulated market day. Poor ' intelligent investors" (as it is more respectable) jumped in. Look at the top 10 gainers. All crap!

එහෙම කියන්න එපා, අපි සමහරු ඕව මීට වැඩි ගණන් වලට ගත්තේ. දැන් ලොකු ලොක්කෝ නැති වෙලාවේ මෙව්වා උඩ ගියොත් අපි වගේ අයට විකුණා ගත හැකි. ජනවාරි වෙනකම් උඩ ගියොත් ඇති. මම අනිත් අයටත් කියන්නේ, ලොක්කෝ ටික එන්න ඉස්සෙල්ල විකුණා ගන්න නැත්නම් කපෝති. එගොල්ලනුත් අපි වගේම හිරවෙළලු ඉන්නේ

20I found the reason for the green Empty Re: I found the reason for the green Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:14 pm

sahan8896


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@illuminati wrote:
@kaka wrote:Good day for everyone
Today was a cleverly manipulated market day. Poor ' intelligent investors" (as it is more respectable) jumped in. Look at the top 10 gainers. All crap!

Dear illuminati,you are also a collectors as aj,no need to worry about this man,study his recent posts.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum