FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» Prime Lands Residencies Limited (PLR)
by N W Today at 12:29 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Captain Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» "MFL" DEAL to 12 RS (multi finance plc)
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 9:57 pm

» Japanese money laundering via PABC Bank raise CB eye brows
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 9:35 pm

» Growing Fear
by Wickyz Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Yesterday at 8:01 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» FUTURE of BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC (BIL)
by ONTHEMONEY Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» CONGRATULATIONS TO FINANCIAL CHRONICLE ON THIS 11TH YEAR
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 3:31 pm

» HNB to merge with Seylan Bank?
by reyaz Yesterday at 11:37 am

» There are howmany funds in Sri Lanka?
by reyaz Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm

» Positive for BIL
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 pm

» The Introduction of COVID 19 Vaccine and CSE
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 pm

» HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC (HEXP.N0000)
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 1:21 pm

» Next market support level
by celtic tiger Tue May 04, 2021 1:17 pm

» NDB.R An opportunity not to be missed
by stocknoob Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

» Lanka Aluminum
by stockchaser Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am

» Ban of chemical fertilizers is a great news
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am

» Jordan Belfort(The Wolf) vs Gorden Gekko who is the best Stock market related movie character ?
by dayandacool Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am

» PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC (PABC.N0000)
by wealth123 Mon May 03, 2021 9:37 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » LHCL - Crossings

LHCL - Crossings

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 pm

glwking


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Gaja wrote:based on the indications it seems there is less possibility for the Mandatory Offer, if that is the case buyers who bought at high might need to wait for long time to dispose
Gaja, can you please explain me what is "mandatory offer" and what is "crossing"?

Thanks

22LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
I think he is eying for the controlling interest in Spence, This is just a guess only

23LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Meta Trader


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Gaja wrote:I think he is eying for the controlling interest in Spence, This is just a guess only

yep.I smells that too. i but who knows .... Suspect

24LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html

25LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:54 pm

$$$


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
With this sale Harry has money lots of it he has been on a selling spree and I think this is all for a reason.....spence maybe or something even bigger lets see....on a more somber note what will happen to every one who bought LHCL at higher levels since there seems to be no mandatory offer.....hand burnt or will this be pushed up ....high today 59.50 trading floor and closed at 51 I think......money gained today and money lost lol

26LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:55 pm

sapumal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Is this due to a margin call from broker ? :p

27LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:56 pm

kiri

kiri
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5761299230809_.pdf

28LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@$$$ wrote:With this sale Harry has money lots of it he has been on a selling spree and I think this is all for a reason.....spence maybe or something even bigger lets see....on a more somber note what will happen to every one who bought LHCL at higher levels since there seems to be no mandatory offer.....hand burnt or will this be pushed up ....high today 59.50 trading floor and closed at 51 I think......money gained today and money lost lol

yes . he want to sell his stake in lanka bell too.
i think he will acquire more stakes in #spen Suspect

29LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
so no mandatory offer, unless they purchased another 2% from the local retailers or from the Govt Parties

30LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:17 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@kiri wrote:
@Quibit wrote:bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5761299230809_.pdf

If Fortis Healthcare Global Holding Pte Ltd accuired 64,120,915 shares from DIST then who sold 5 mln shares yesterday? And who bought that 5 mn shares?

31LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:
@kiri wrote:
@Quibit wrote:bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5761299230809_.pdf

If Fortis Healthcare Global Holding Pte Ltd accuired 64,120,915 shares from DIST then who sold 5 mln shares yesterday? And who bought that 5 mn shares?

Public holding is about 10 million I think. So retailers might have gone crazy who knows

32LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:
@kiri wrote:
@Quibit wrote:bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5761299230809_.pdf

If Fortis Healthcare Global Holding Pte Ltd accuired 64,120,915 shares from DIST then who sold 5 mln shares yesterday? And who bought that 5 mn shares?

Not from the the main shareholders, the way i think

33LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Gaja wrote:
@Monster wrote:
@kiri wrote:
@Quibit wrote:bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5761299230809_.pdf

If Fortis Healthcare Global Holding Pte Ltd accuired 64,120,915 shares from DIST then who sold 5 mln shares yesterday? And who bought that 5 mn shares?

Not from the the main shareholders, the way i think
This transaction has been leaked out as usual in CSE. That's why retailers were chasing this yesterday.

34LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:01 pm

tubal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Guess what guys, after urging others not to get their hands burnt. I got my own hand burnt :-)
Serves me right. But it's only a small quantity so I can cover it from the profits for the first two days of the month.

35LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:04 pm

$$$


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Tabul Smile Tabear ...easy to give advice but hard to follow mate....too cliche? I do the same lol

36LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
so you all say i am lucky in a way, the shares i got from the IPO i sold on the first day, but still i hold my DIST, and waiting for their future plans

37LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:12 pm

undervalued

undervalued
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@tubal wrote:Guess what guys, after urging others not to get their hands burnt. I got my own hand burnt :-)
Serves me right. But it's only a small quantity so I can cover it from the profits for the first two days of the month.

I hope some big short-term fishes bought this stock or else I will burn my hand big time....:(

38LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:03 pm

tubal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@undervalued wrote:
@tubal wrote:Guess what guys, after urging others not to get their hands burnt. I got my own hand burnt :-)
Serves me right. But it's only a small quantity so I can cover it from the profits for the first two days of the month.

I hope some big short-term fishes bought this stock or else I will burn my hand big time....Sad

Don't panic. mentally prepare yourself to lose a chunk, but don't rush to sell too early. If we are lucky it may well be that some big fishes are stuck with it. In my book, if price drops dramatically that's actually better. Dramatic drops are followed by rebounds. If on the other hand, this keeps losing 10 cents per day that's trouble.

Then again, we maybe worrying unnecessarily. This is the CSE after all: there is no reason for LHCL to climb any higher. So that's exactly what it's going to do Very Happy

39LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 am

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:
@Gaja wrote:
@Monster wrote:
@kiri wrote:
@Quibit wrote:bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5761299230809_.pdf

If Fortis Healthcare Global Holding Pte Ltd accuired 64,120,915 shares from DIST then who sold 5 mln shares yesterday? And who bought that 5 mn shares?

Not from the the main shareholders, the way i think
This transaction has been leaked out as usual in CSE. That's why retailers were chasing this yesterday.

Sometimes back it was in the Daily FT, that Mr HJ wrote a letter to PDL, asking them to by LHCL holding by DIST at the 60/= level, so retailers also thought if the PDL going to by LHCL, then they will make the offer at the highest price they bought.

I think this is good example where there may be big trouble if you follow the crowd, unless if the Indian buyer decided to pass the 30% mark, what will be the situation of the investor who bought the LHCL Shares at the price of 59.50

Mr. HJ what is ur plan for the Rs. 10,146,396,061 your group already got from 31.12.2010 to date and the amount you expected from Lankabell, also what else you planned to dispose in the future.

40LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:41 am

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
see the Profit For DIST - http://www.ft.lk/2011/03/05/fortis-global-healthcare-enters-sri-lanka/

41LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Gaja wrote:
@Monster wrote:
@Gaja wrote:
@Monster wrote:
@kiri wrote:
@Quibit wrote:bought by Fortis Group India..
they also recently bought a hospital in singapore
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_638552.html
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5761299230809_.pdf

If Fortis Healthcare Global Holding Pte Ltd accuired 64,120,915 shares from DIST then who sold 5 mln shares yesterday? And who bought that 5 mn shares?

Not from the the main shareholders, the way i think
This transaction has been leaked out as usual in CSE. That's why retailers were chasing this yesterday.

Sometimes back it was in the Daily FT, that Mr HJ wrote a letter to PDL, asking them to by LHCL holding by DIST at the 60/= level, so retailers also thought if the PDL going to by LHCL, then they will make the offer at the highest price they bought.

I think this is good example where there may be big trouble if you follow the crowd, unless if the Indian buyer decided to pass the 30% mark, what will be the situation of the investor who bought the LHCL Shares at the price of 59.50

Mr. HJ what is ur plan for the Rs. 10,146,396,061 your group already got from 31.12.2010 to date and the amount you expected from Lankabell, also what else you planned to dispose in the future.
Even I have seen this news in FT some time back. But how retailers got to know the transaction date that's going to happen. LHCL went up suddenly just before one before the transaction. That's what I said, it has leaked any how.

42LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 pm

sapumal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@tubal wrote:
@undervalued wrote:
@tubal wrote:Guess what guys, after urging others not to get their hands burnt. I got my own hand burnt :-)
Serves me right. But it's only a small quantity so I can cover it from the profits for the first two days of the month.

I hope some big short-term fishes bought this stock or else I will burn my hand big time....Sad

Don't panic. mentally prepare yourself to lose a chunk, but don't rush to sell too early. If we are lucky it may well be that some big fishes are stuck with it. In my book, if price drops dramatically that's actually better. Dramatic drops are followed by rebounds. If on the other hand, this keeps losing 10 cents per day that's trouble.

Then again, we maybe worrying unnecessarily. This is the CSE after all: there is no reason for LHCL to climb any higher. So that's exactly what it's going to do Very Happy

Thousands of things comes to the mind, fingers reluctant to type them because they are comes with thousands.

43LHCL - Crossings - Page 2 Empty Re: LHCL - Crossings Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@sapumal wrote:
@tubal wrote:
@undervalued wrote:
@tubal wrote:Guess what guys, after urging others not to get their hands burnt. I got my own hand burnt :-)
Serves me right. But it's only a small quantity so I can cover it from the profits for the first two days of the month.

I hope some big short-term fishes bought this stock or else I will burn my hand big time....Sad

Don't panic. mentally prepare yourself to lose a chunk, but don't rush to sell too early. If we are lucky it may well be that some big fishes are stuck with it. In my book, if price drops dramatically that's actually better. Dramatic drops are followed by rebounds. If on the other hand, this keeps losing 10 cents per day that's trouble.

Then again, we maybe worrying unnecessarily. This is the CSE after all: there is no reason for LHCL to climb any higher. So that's exactly what it's going to do Very Happy

Thousands of things comes to the mind, fingers reluctant to type them because they are comes with thousands.

Hope not much as 1.2 Billion somebody referred earlier for another post

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum