FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» TRUE VALUE OF LANKA ALUMINUM INDUSTRY (LALU)
by Jana Today at 4:40 pm

» පෙබරවාරි මාසේ කොළඹ කොටස් වලට මොකක්ද වුනේ - බැසුවාද ? බැස්සාද ?
by xhunter Today at 4:19 pm

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by chathura123 Today at 3:53 pm

» UNHCR Fear is over 21 countries speak for us only 15 against
by Vishwanarth Today at 11:14 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Mithooshan Today at 7:31 am

» SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC (SHL.N0000)
by suku502 Today at 12:58 am

» DFCC will be receiving Rs.594,538,285.50
by Wonderer Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» UNHCR එකේ ලොකූ ටෝක දැම්මට සමහර ඔස්තාර් ලා කියන ආර්තික සම්භාදක අරවා මේවා මුකුත් එන්නේ නැ
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:45 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 2:00 am

» If you are one of those people who can sleep at night while someone else is in control of your destiny, then my advice would be to only invest in stocks
by Asoka Samarakone Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:58 pm

» Price prediction on GRAN and TAFL
by Bakkabwoi Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:22 pm

» SEMB SEMB
by stockchaser Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:57 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:54 pm

» Bullish sentiment returns with market regulator's assurance
by Vishwanarth Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:52 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:19 pm

» Chart 25.02.2021
by stockback Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:41 pm

» is it a good time to sell expo shares
by Kipling Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:39 am

» Current 2021 Februray Unit Trust/Unit Fund Per Annum percentages
by agentnrox Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:13 am

» Leading brokers causing market downturn
by Mithooshan Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:40 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » PC PHARMA Introductory offer

PC PHARMA Introductory offer

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

tkc


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
All posts have been merged.
Happy trading!
thank you!

22PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 am

Hawk Eye


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think this will be pushed up a bit today, because this seems to be the survival tactic for PCH now. Analyse the recent articles and see, they will comeout with more IPOs. looks to me another GREG story, slightly different version.

Guys play safe, Take something and getout

23PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:35 am

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This stock has all the requirements for being a junk speculative penny illiquid stock owned by questionable people. So this could fly.

24PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 am

bePositive


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
It is at rs,50 now

http://www.viabletraffic.com

25PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:23 am

sajeethk


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
who buy that it Rs 50/- ........may be he is waiting to buyer come to sell high.. and get day profit....

26PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:52 am

cse.alpha


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Let's look at the PCP numbers.

FY11 EPS = Rs1
1H-FY12 EPS = 80 cents

Anualised FY12 EPS = Rs1.6

Book value per share at 30/Sept/2011 = Rs2.2

But share is trading at Rs72 now - perhaps its better not to look at the numbers Wink

27PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:01 am

mra

mra
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
very same people are the buyers and sellers. may be this group want to recover the directors loss on other shares (OGL etc) by promoting at this level.

we should not get caught to this trap..be careful guys...

28PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is an introduction and not IPO. They are the people who start buying at 60-89, and when it comes down they expect people like you and me will keep the support level at 30 atleast. still they will be off with a good gain.

Lets see where they get caught up. Timing was good but the revers happening

29PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Have u guys noticed that there was a crossing of 10mn shares at a price of Rs50/=.
It's reference price is just Rs10/=.
Yesterday there was another selling of AAF by directors.
What is the ethics behind this malpractices and What is the role of SEC ?
Do we really need the SEC ? Is it watchdog or fu**** bi*** ?

30PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator
SEC are doing nothing to catch those HNWI manipulators. these HNWI guys including directors have earned billions of rupees doing unethical things.

31PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Top will get 10% commission or more and shut up.
Typical Sri Lankan politics.
We voted now we are cheated.

32PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Nothing to surprise about the seller but who is the buyer ?
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3131326970777_.pdf

33PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

34PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile

35PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
npp wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile
Reference price is 10/=.Crossings happen at a premium but this primium is utter ridiculous.No one with a brain will buy this at 50 unless he wants to dump it after manipulation.

36PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile
Reference price is 10/=.Crossings happen at a premium but this primium is utter ridiculous.No one with a brain will buy this at 50 unless he wants to dump it after manipulation.

One point is that even so called reference prices are of no use. Take the past few introductions for example. You think 5x the ref price is ridiculous? Then what's your take on NIFL?
Of course I agree SEC should investigate the transactions. If it was inside the family then it would be of malicious intentions. People are made to think that this is going to trade at the price when they see such a trade but I don't think making people 'think like that' is a crime, although unethical.

37PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:25 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile
Reference price is 10/=.Crossings happen at a premium but this primium is utter ridiculous.No one with a brain will buy this at 50 unless he wants to dump it after manipulation.

One point is that even so called reference prices are of no use. Take the past few introductions for example. You think 5x the ref price is ridiculous? Then what's your take on NIFL?
Of course I agree SEC should investigate the transactions. If it was inside the family then it would be of malicious intentions. People are made to think that this is going to trade at the price when they see such a trade but I don't think making people 'think like that' is a crime, although unethical.
Wrong thing does not become a right thing just because it has happened in several time.It just shows the incompetency of so called watchdog The SEC.

38PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile
Reference price is 10/=.Crossings happen at a premium but this primium is utter ridiculous.No one with a brain will buy this at 50 unless he wants to dump it after manipulation.

One point is that even so called reference prices are of no use. Take the past few introductions for example. You think 5x the ref price is ridiculous? Then what's your take on NIFL?
Of course I agree SEC should investigate the transactions. If it was inside the family then it would be of malicious intentions. People are made to think that this is going to trade at the price when they see such a trade but I don't think making people 'think like that' is a crime, although unethical.
Wrong thing does not become a right thing just because it has happened in several time.It just shows the incompetency of so called watchdog The SEC.

I had agreed on that. It is the reason that anyone call say for things happening at the CSE. But as retailers who transact with our own money, who do you think has the final responsibility?

We can think twice before buying at ridiculous prices. Afterall, customer is the king. No buyers -> can't sell high.

We too can think right? why do we have to be taken over by someone who wants us to buy his stuff at high price?

39PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile
Reference price is 10/=.Crossings happen at a premium but this primium is utter ridiculous.No one with a brain will buy this at 50 unless he wants to dump it after manipulation.

One point is that even so called reference prices are of no use. Take the past few introductions for example. You think 5x the ref price is ridiculous? Then what's your take on NIFL?
Of course I agree SEC should investigate the transactions. If it was inside the family then it would be of malicious intentions. People are made to think that this is going to trade at the price when they see such a trade but I don't think making people 'think like that' is a crime, although unethical.
Wrong thing does not become a right thing just because it has happened in several time.It just shows the incompetency of so called watchdog The SEC.

I had agreed on that. It is the reason that anyone call say for things happening at the CSE. But as retailers who transact with our own money, who do you think has the final responsibility?

We can think twice before buying at ridiculous prices. Afterall, customer is the king. No buyers -> can't sell high.

We too can think right? why do we have to be taken over by someone who wants us to buy his stuff at high price?
I never say retailors who has gone after this rally is right and I do not want to justify them.Most of the retailors are not full time investers and I am sure most of retailors lack sound knowledge about these matters.It is the duty of the SEC to maintain a fair ground to all.

40PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 pm

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@rijayasooriya wrote:Nothing to surprise about the seller but who is the buyer ?
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3131326970777_.pdf

any idea about the buyer... Ten million shares for 50Rs per share????

41PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile
Reference price is 10/=.Crossings happen at a premium but this primium is utter ridiculous.No one with a brain will buy this at 50 unless he wants to dump it after manipulation.

One point is that even so called reference prices are of no use. Take the past few introductions for example. You think 5x the ref price is ridiculous? Then what's your take on NIFL?
Of course I agree SEC should investigate the transactions. If it was inside the family then it would be of malicious intentions. People are made to think that this is going to trade at the price when they see such a trade but I don't think making people 'think like that' is a crime, although unethical.
Wrong thing does not become a right thing just because it has happened in several time.It just shows the incompetency of so called watchdog The SEC.

I had agreed on that. It is the reason that anyone call say for things happening at the CSE. But as retailers who transact with our own money, who do you think has the final responsibility?

We can think twice before buying at ridiculous prices. Afterall, customer is the king. No buyers -> can't sell high.

We too can think right? why do we have to be taken over by someone who wants us to buy his stuff at high price?
I never say retailors who has gone after this rally is right and I do not want to justify them.Most of the retailors are not full time investers and I am sure most of retailors lack sound knowledge about these matters.It is the duty of the SEC to maintain a fair ground to all.

appreciate precise arguments like this.
Talking about fair ground, it is not the duty of SEC to provide education on this matter. It should of course provide reasonable awareness to the investing community, which it has been doing to a certain extent. (SEC or CSE)

What's happening now is more to do with greed than lack of knowledge

42PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 pm

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Mainly I think we have to find out SEC or CSE duties.... Then we can understand which direction they are moving

43PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
npp wrote:
@Rajaraam wrote:May be a sister company? Just to keep the price up and encourage others to buy at that price or higher.I think SEC should investigate in to this type of transactions to ascertain buyers intention.

maybe, maybe not.

main reason for introduction is to sell part of ownership to public without raising new money.
this was done first thing in the morning which means it was already arranged.

If someone with large interest had sold to public afterwards it would have been disclosed, or will be done soon Smile
Reference price is 10/=.Crossings happen at a premium but this primium is utter ridiculous.No one with a brain will buy this at 50 unless he wants to dump it after manipulation.

One point is that even so called reference prices are of no use. Take the past few introductions for example. You think 5x the ref price is ridiculous? Then what's your take on NIFL?
Of course I agree SEC should investigate the transactions. If it was inside the family then it would be of malicious intentions. People are made to think that this is going to trade at the price when they see such a trade but I don't think making people 'think like that' is a crime, although unethical.
Wrong thing does not become a right thing just because it has happened in several time.It just shows the incompetency of so called watchdog The SEC.

I had agreed on that. It is the reason that anyone call say for things happening at the CSE. But as retailers who transact with our own money, who do you think has the final responsibility?

We can think twice before buying at ridiculous prices. Afterall, customer is the king. No buyers -> can't sell high.

We too can think right? why do we have to be taken over by someone who wants us to buy his stuff at high price?
I never say retailors who has gone after this rally is right and I do not want to justify them.Most of the retailors are not full time investers and I am sure most of retailors lack sound knowledge about these matters.It is the duty of the SEC to maintain a fair ground to all.

appreciate precise arguments like this.
Talking about fair ground, it is not the duty of SEC to provide education on this matter. It should of course provide reasonable awareness to the investing community, which it has been doing to a certain extent. (SEC or CSE)

What's happening now is more to do with greed than lack of knowledge
Lack of knowledge will precipitate the greediness.If u have knowledge it will control the greediness atleast to a some extend.Anyway I believe SEC should interefere more actively in this type of malpractices.

44PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 pm

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@manula wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:Nothing to surprise about the seller but who is the buyer ?
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/3131326970777_.pdf

any idea about the buyer... Ten million shares for 50Rs per share????

Nothing to think, this is like just changing the parcel between right and left hand. Who is going to buy 10 Mn shares @ 50 where as its NAV just merely Rs.1.

45PC PHARMA  Introductory offer - Page 2 Empty Re: PC PHARMA Introductory offer Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 pm

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@rijayasooriya wrote:
Do we really need the SEC ? Is it watchdog or fu**** bi*** ?

No.... It is Sleeping DOG... The Officers and Commissioners are day dreamers during the mkt time.

Suddenly they wake up... during Commissioners meeting (once / twice) in month and setting up the formula for credit ruling ( there is no rational behind in setting up formula... No one ( SEC officers) gave correct explantion that why 50% of value of fixed assets is deducted from the adjusted net capital.. they merely said this is global practice) and sending some letters to brokers and investors who bought 5,000 qty of SEMB to show that SEC resume investigation on certain trades, that was executed before one year..

And then they will be sending some letters next year to some investors and brokers on certain trades, which was executed this year since SEC now carrying out comprehensive investigation on such trades... ( SEC need long tome, no?)

This is our regulator role and duties now... We are proud of them...



Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum