FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

BFL vs GRAIN

+6
econ
BenZ
wiser
san1985
Fresher
MRK
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BFL vs GRAIN Empty BFL vs GRAIN Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:17 pm

MRK

Stock Trader

i'm new comer for cse also small investor. bt i have got more knowledge from u guys. thanks lot. i like to getting some advice form here.

what do u think about BFL & GRAIN?
what is the most attractive share?
To me its BFL. what do u think dear experts?
Smile

2BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Fresher

Hi there Smile

there were many posts regarding this. But i wasnt able to find all
here's one
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1466-sale-sale-bfl-sale#9857

3BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:48 pm

san1985

san1985
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Both are good counters with future growth potential..
But at current prices BFL is massively undervalued when comparing with GRAN..

BFL
Annual EPS --> 28.35
Current PE -->400/28.35 = 14.1

GRAN

Annual EPS --> 8.39
Current PE -->200/8.39 = 23.8

TAFL
Annual EPS --> 9.73
Current PE -->180/9.73 = 18.5

BFL price can get adjusted at any time...and a share split is also on the cards due to its low liquidity...
This is not a buy recommendation...carru\y out ur own analysis before any decision...

4BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:38 pm

wiser

wiser

dear newcomer,
both are good stocks and has good future. but both of them price fluctuation rage is very wide. Since you are new if you buy one of these and if its price goes down next day by 10% or more you may panic and sell with loss. But matuared players know the value of these two (BFL & GRAN). My advice is don't buy stocks which has broder span of price fluctuation and give chance to big fish to collect them at discounted price when you sell it when panic. You would better to look for low fluctuating stocks such as SLT which has brighter future and low risk.

but remember BFL & GRAN have huge potential and will gain at least 50% from your investment before next April-May. It is garanteed. ( please do not take this as a recommendation to buy these)

5BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 pm

san1985

san1985

wiser wrote: You would better to look for low fluctuating stocks such as SLT which has brighter future and low risk.

How can we expect a telecommunication company's future to be brighter? They are operating in a saturated market, cutting each others throat for market share...On the other hand these food companies(poultry) will have a much higher growth potential....locally and even globally..

6BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:42 pm

BenZ

BenZ
Manager - Equity Analytics

Yeah ... SLT made a big profit only becoz of cutting administrative and other costs and NOT by improving the revenue !!!

SLT cut-off administrative costs and salary increments of their subsidiaries alot and it made a huge de-motivation of staff members of those subsidiaries and worst case will be vital and well experienced staff members will start to leave sooner than later.

Greg Yung CEO of SLT making decisions only looking at cost - reductions... it will be a disaster in long run for sure.

In the other way, this is a tough period for revenue improvements since so many competitiors compete very strongly for their portion and which results in more revenue down since price wars even after the flat rate rule made by TRC...

BFL/TAFL/GRAN are growing nicely and strongly, they r making better result than previous quarter in each time, and if u gonna buy them make sure it is at bottom lvl which fluctuates around -15% to + 15% rapidly in thesedays.

TAFL is fluctuating between 180 to 200
GRAN is fluctuating between 202 to 230
BFL is fluctuating between 395 to 440

Making sure you buy in a bloody red day. then u will be surely win even in short run.

Please make further analysis before buy/sell those shares. Its my view on it. Thats all.

Last edited by BenZ on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction of GRAN upper limit)

7BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:00 am

san1985

san1985

BenZ wrote:Yeah ... SLT made a big profit only becoz of cutting administrative and other costs and NOT by improving the revenue !!!

SLT cut-off administrative costs and salary increments of their subsidiaries alot and it made a huge de-motivation of staff members of those subsidiaries and worst case will be vital and well experienced staff members will start to leave sooner than later.

Greg Yung CEO of SLT making decisions only looking at cost - reductions... it will be a disaster in long run for sure.

In the other way, this is a tough period for revenue improvements since so many competitiors compete very strongly for their portion and which results in more revenue down since price wars even after the flat rate rule made by TRC...

BFL/TAFL/GRAN are growing nicely and strongly, they r making better result than previous quarter in each time, and if u gonna buy them make sure it is at bottom lvl which fluctuates around -15% to + 15% rapidly in thesedays.

TAFL is fluctuating between 180 to 200
GRAN is fluctuating between 202 to 230
BFL is fluctuating between 395 to 440

Making sure you buy in a bloody red day. then u will be surely win even in short run.

Please make further analysis before buy/sell those shares. Its my view on it. Thats all.

Well said.......Buy when others sell & sell when others buy.......
Dont get caught in rallies....U will be a winner cheers cheers

8BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

BFL , TAFL,GRAN all are really attractive . demand for food related products increase day by day with the growing tourism

for me current valuation is in this order.

BFL > TAFL > GRAN

9BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 am

BenZ

BenZ

econ wrote:BFL , TAFL,GRAN all are really attractive . demand for food related products increase day by day with the growing tourism

BFL > TAFL > GRAN

Yep. Agreed with valuation order. TAFL is slightly above the GRAN at the moment... Also Profit growth of TAFL is exponential and linear for GRAN by looking simply at EPSs

10BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

BenZ wrote:
econ wrote:BFL , TAFL,GRAN all are really attractive . demand for food related products increase day by day with the growing tourism

BFL > TAFL > GRAN

Yep. Agreed with valuation order. TAFL is slightly above the GRAN at the moment... Also Profit growth of TAFL is exponential and linear for GRAN by looking simply at EPSs

Depends on how you value GRAN and TAFL and whether you look for short or long term investment. Their cashflow, accumulated losse are different if you look at the financials of both companies. Only looking at EPS TAFL is leading right now.

11BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics

san1985 wrote:Both are good counters with future growth potential..

BFL
Annual EPS --> 28.35

GRAN

Annual EPS --> 8.39

TAFL
Annual EPS --> 9.73

BFL price can get adjusted at any time...and a share split is also on the cards due to its low liquidity...
This is not a buy recommendation...carru\y out ur own analysis before any decision...

This is history no. History doesn't give us a guide! BFL/GRAN themselvs are good examples

12BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:44 pm

san1985

san1985

salt wrote:
san1985 wrote:Both are good counters with future growth potential..

BFL
Annual EPS --> 28.35

GRAN

Annual EPS --> 8.39

TAFL
Annual EPS --> 9.73

This is history no. History doesn't give us a guide! BFL/GRAN themselvs are good examples

Then u annualize last quarter EPS.....Then these counters become much more undervalued...
Poultry sector has a huge growth potential with their future developments...
BFL has already announced their plans..others yet to come...
Will see....Fingers crossed...
Cool Cool

13BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 pm

MRK

Stock Trader

Thnks for everybody. I got these points also in my analysis. But I just analyzed EPS and PE. According to that your thoughts 100% right. Its BFL>TALF>GRAN.

But I herded bad news according to this sector. Thats "Government found expired Chicken stocks in Pannala Factory". There was no more mention who was the owner of those. If any one familiar that scenario?

Again thanks lot your corporation.

14BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 pm

salt

salt

@san1985

You must be talking about BFL's announcement couple of months back. If you read through the annual reports of theose companies you will undertand that its the way of these companies are doing their business. I have pointed out so many times. This is what Marketatch has preached and brainwashed the forum on BFL - I think he even doesn't know.

Its neighther a COMPETITIVE advatage solely available to BFL,no new thing to the industry.

But, I agree with you on the sector which has shown immence potential. My expecation is that other sectors such as feed milliong should be doing better in the coming months, making GRAN outperforing BFL.

15BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:45 pm

$$$

salt wrote:@san1985

You must be talking about BFL's announcement couple of months back. If you read through the annual reports of theose companies you will undertand that its the way of these companies are doing their business. I have pointed out so many times. This is what Marketatch has preached and brainwashed the forum on BFL - I think he even doesn't know.

Its neighther a COMPETITIVE advatage solely available to BFL,no new thing to the industry.

But, I agree with you on the sector which has shown immence potential. My expecation is that other sectors such as feed milliong should be doing better in the coming months, making GRAN outperforing BFL.

Yeah I think we should expect something special from Gran it's divesified more and we have seen a lot of play by big investors in this stock ....Nimal, Perpetual , EPF these people are privy to lots more information than we are .....big investors will not dump money on failing stocks they buy for a reason ....

16BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:01 pm

san1985

san1985

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1549-bairaha-farms-plc-bfl

17BFL vs GRAIN Empty Re: BFL vs GRAIN Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:09 pm

ss7097

ss7097

$$$ wrote:
salt wrote:@san1985

I agree with Salt & $$$. But..........

How about the no of shares issued these 02 companies BFL - 16Million Vs GRAN - 60Million and their EPS for last quarters. BFL is much ahead than GRAN. Am I correct????

Yeah I think we should expect something special from Gran it's divesified more and we have seen a lot of play by big investors in this stock ....Nimal, Perpetual , EPF these people are privy to lots more information than we are .....big investors will not dump money on failing stocks they buy for a reason ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum