FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Latest topics

» A Strong bounce back of ASI is on the cards
by Equityinvestor Yesterday at 10:09 pm

» Prominent Investors of the colombo stock market
by Walbaba Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Yesterday at 3:41 pm

» Many positives for Next week
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 12:29 pm

» Norway -> biggest shareholder of NDB
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» Maldives records over 100,000 tourist arrivals in first 35 days of the year
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:59 am

» Kind of behavior traders engage in when they are frustrated and want their money back from the market. Stock market for beginners
by lal62 Yesterday at 7:40 am

» EXPO EXPO EXPO
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 12:35 am

» still I believe this
by 100Bill Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:21 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm

» Investor sentiment - will there ever be a recovery?
by xhunter Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:49 pm

» Let's have a stop-loss strategy to maximize investment returns in stock market
by EquityChamp Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:19 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:56 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by samaritan Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:41 pm

» කොටස් මිල දී ගන්න මෙය හොඳම කාලයයි – රාජ්‍ය අමාත්‍ය කබ්රාල්
by samaritan Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 pm

» IS it right time to stick to warren buffett's most famous saying ???
by Mr. X Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:02 pm

» CSE - The World's best performer!
by Vishwanarth Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:42 pm

» Best Broker
by Wickyz Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:32 pm

» Game Changed! SUPER GREEN
by Karthick Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:24 pm

» Blue Diamond
by thavam_Eu Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:07 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Present state of this forum and mentality of the market

Present state of this forum and mentality of the market

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
I have been a rather silent observer within the past few weeks. One reason was due to my personal work and secondly I realized that spending time to comment on posts without base will only give rise to unnecessary arguments for which I do not have time for.

I just wanted to share the below with you , if we want to have a forum and CSE left for the future.

1) Stop promoting shares without reason. If one has ethics left and value humanity, just do not think about your personal gains only. Think about damage that can do to people who buy promoted crap at higher prices. Do you just want to make money with blood on your hands?

If you want to talk about a share give some reasons. Don;t say a Rs 3 share will hit RS 20 or a Rs 100 share will hit Rs 300 soon without reason.

2) Stop insulting long term member of this forum who had done good work overs years.

I saw Smallville amongst many others being attacked. If one talk sense or trying to instill ethical stock market education , they are attacked by certain new account holders who appear to be only concerned about personal gains.

Talking fundamentals is Suicide in this forum as I see more and more new comers becoming gamblers and speculators talking about money they made gambling and ridiculing people who held fundamentals .

This is what happens during bear trends as psycology plays weird games with your minds.
Make money some how right? Who cares about ethics and humanity .

WAKE UP. MONEY IS SOMETHING BUT IS IT EVERYTHING? BEING A HUMAN CARRIES OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.

3) Stop using abusive language and communicate in respectful manner.
Filth and abuse is increasing in this forum.

Are we here to talk stock market or have a competition to show superiority though abuse ?

4) Becalm and collect yourself . I know it is not an easy task as things look unstable now.
But do you want to panic with the other people who panic and make the market even worse?

Just think if all retailers form a union and decides "I won;t sell for 3 days" unless a buyer buys at my
price. I won;t sell my fundamentally strong shares at absurdly low prices.

Can anything positive happen to the market?

5) Understand that you bought these shares for a pre-determined Investment period .

Think like this.
You put a 2 years FD. You cannot withdraw until 2 years are up. If the bank you invested in goes though a period of Tier1 and Tiers 2 capital falling near thresholds, do you panic and try to withdraw your deposit just because of that? Do you not have faith in the management. It could be a short term problem and after 2 years you with greater possibility will get the FD return you planned for.

The issue now as I can see is that many people do not have investment plans and have only short term vision at CSE. These people will naturally follow trend an panic more compared to people with Long term vision.

WAKE UP FORUM , WAKE UP CSE.

Most of the world reacts to positive and negative news with moderation. CSE reacts with extreme either positive or negative.

Bad get pushed up. Good gets pushed down. When time for a natural uptrend it it killed by selfish people. When it is time for a natural correction it manipulated by selfish people.

Let me ask you why is a Rs 2.50 share nobody wanted to subscribed to initially now reaching Rs 8 with so much buying interest. And some say it will go to Rs 20. All is in the mind and trend and not in the principles.

The same time why is a share with a PE of 8 and possible growth due to future supply and expansion going down everyday? Who is responsible?

Also why are certain companies in Large Cap famous Group of companies still trading at very high PE values uplifting the market PE while other good shares have to suffer. Who makes this decision?

WE SEEM TO DIG OUR OWN GRAVE AT CSE DUE TO OUR EXTREME ACTIONS AND SHORT TERM PANIC.

Last edited by slstock on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

lokuayya

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
These investment forums are new things to our sri lankan investors.I think forums do more harm than good.

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
As usual, another timely good analysis by one of our best experts

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
I totally agree with you Slstock, but ?what is the remedy, as the very idea of the forum is to allow members to express their views freely. If the forum rules are applied strictly many members will stand suspended. ?May I suggest another way to handle this without compromising the freedom of expression.

The current prison can entertain really bad posts and have some other icons such as "promoters" etc., to re-group the posts under their intended purposes, so that any one who reads the post will know that it is a promotion etc.,.

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Dear Brother thank you for your encouragements & valuable ideas. I think most of the things are handling by the power of evil (flesh). but there will be a rise of Sun.

arrowms

Manager - Equity Analytics
well said SLSTOCK Very Happy
In the society, when U ar in trouble opportunists get the advantage.
In the CSE....., When U make loss n CSE is red promoters get the advantage.
Opportunists = promoters

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
Totally agree with you.
I think there are remedies for the issues from our forum members, but I do not know how many will come forward.
Hope everything will be OK in near future.
Keep it up your good work slstock.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

UKboy

UKboy
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Slstock.
I still remeber the good old days. Sadly many very good and genuine members have already left the forum Sad

Kumar

Kumar
Thanks a lot slstock.
Still I couldn't understand so many of our forum members.
Why they are behaving like this?
I think this forum politicised too much.
Keep up your wonderful support to the forum.
Time will rectify everything. (We'll hope)

Monster

Monster
Thanks slstock for sharing the fact.

When I joined to this forum almost a year ago, there were many genuine posts. But unfortunately we are not able to see such post these days. I don't see any posts from innam, stockswatch, cse.alpha, tubal, mark, gann etc.

These days I have become almost a spectator to this forum due to my personal work.

rmark

rmark
Slstock, well said, Thank you for sharing your thoughts, totally agree.

pathfinder

pathfinder
@Slstock- Golden words from a expert,timely needed one,keep it up!!

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
100% agree with you friend, let leave the friends to burn there hands and get own experience, because however some members try to educate others finally get unwanted words as you said Smallville is got hammered because he find his valuable time to educate us!

Light of Hope

@UKboy wrote:Thanks for sharing your thoughts Slstock.
I still remeber the good old days. Sadly many very good and genuine members have already left the forum Sad

agreed. and thanks slstock. I hope this will calm things down.

Storm

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Hi,
It’s been few months since I started reading the posts in this forum and I think I have come a long way since that. People used to share their experience, knowledge and news articles which I found very useful.
People talk about the 1000 post club. I see some who are close to it or have reached, who has hardly contributed to the benefit of the forum. We should always remember that there are over 6000 forum members and many more reading it. You should ask yourself, is this worth reading by others?. Not a post to increase the number of posts by one.
You could always ask questions where sometime back you got nice answers from the people who had experience. But now if a new comer asks something, you would get a reply like "Do your own analysis" and another seconding it with "Well said".
Before you post something, please ask yourself, does this do good to the forum members/will somebody benefit from this post?
I have very less experience in investing in stock market. But one day, I hope I could make a contribution so that others would benefit.
Senior members, there could be many criticism on your efforts. But there are also people who value your contribution very much and learn from it.

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
But many of our members are still sleeping.

Dear storm,

I totally agree with you and I highly appreciate your post.

cseguide

cseguide
totally agree with u slstock. And another point I observed is most members are now not actively participating the forum. personally I have very limited time due to other commitments. but when the time permits I always try to contribute something valuable for the members.

Trillionaire

Trillionaire
I'm hardly an old member, but I totally agree with what you have said! Nicely put!

kas

kas
Totally agree with you Slstock. I see some senior members been frequently attacked by newcomers.Everyone has the right to express their views but you should be able to justify your ideas with facts figures and evidence.

We are lucky to have at least few seniors in the forum at present contributing their valuable time and effort.Seniors please don't get discouraged by these nonsense,keep up your good work.

I personally believe there are a lot of silent members who learn from you so please keep posting don't keep us in the dark. Smile

swan03

Agree with slstock. What I can see is most of our new comers are promoting their shares and fighting just like Cat & Dogs. And the forum has become a mess. Dear Experts, I think this is the high time to add your valuable posts. Small, we always with you brother. Keep posting your valuable ideas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum