FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» SEMB SEMB
by stockchaser Today at 2:57 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Today at 2:54 pm

» Bullish sentiment returns with market regulator's assurance
by Vishwanarth Today at 2:52 pm

» Price prediction on GRAN and TAFL
by Bakkabwoi Today at 2:33 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by RJ1010 Today at 1:58 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Today at 1:49 pm

» SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC (SHL.N0000)
by suku502 Today at 1:32 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Today at 1:19 pm

» Chart 25.02.2021
by stockback Today at 12:41 pm

» DFCC will be receiving Rs.594,538,285.50
by David VKMS Today at 12:20 pm

» is it a good time to sell expo shares
by Kipling Today at 8:39 am

» Current 2021 Februray Unit Trust/Unit Fund Per Annum percentages
by agentnrox Today at 8:13 am

» UNHCR එකේ ලොකූ ටෝක දැම්මට සමහර ඔස්තාර් ලා කියන ආර්තික සම්භාදක අරවා මේවා මුකුත් එන්නේ නැ
by judecroos Today at 7:42 am

» Leading brokers causing market downturn
by Mithooshan Today at 7:40 am

» Must watch this video - unnecessary panic
by Jana Today at 1:03 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by learningthemarket Today at 12:03 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Mr. X Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Fall seven times, stand up eight.What happened, has happened. Free your mind from it. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC (REXP.N0000)
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Yesterday at 9:06 pm

» Unscripted daily drama.Traders are uncertain whether to buy or sell. Stock market for beginners
by Jayashantha Yesterday at 8:40 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » So does it mean no trading of Greg W 2 from 24th Feb onwards ...??

So does it mean no trading of Greg W 2 from 24th Feb onwards ...??

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Slstock


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
What a catastrophe.

Yesterday Rs 10 now Rs 1-2. Retailers who owned or held for short term this would have lost 80-90% in a day.


I got tempted to buy at Rs5+ yesterday( went to Rs 8.80) and again at Rs 1 ( now RS 2) . But my ethics overpowered me both times. Am glad. Maybe some gamblers won but it is sad to know many other would have lost a lot.

rijayasooriya


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:
@rmark wrote:Just received 02/02.2012 11.04 am
GREG.W0002 In terms of a clarification received from SEC, trading of the above warrant will not be permitted after 03.02.2012

So tomorrow is the last day isn"t it
Yes there is another announcement in DFN saying after 03/02/2012.

Nigel.Machado


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@2011_NewComer wrote:I don't understand why some people still buying it . Is that hoping to do a day trade or ? Question

So does it mean no trading of Greg W 2 from 24th Feb onwards ...?? - Page 3 W210

hi5 mate!! They are gambling!!

Year to date, down from about 30 to 0.90

Down by 97% what a return!!

Genting


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I also bought couple of thousands, just to keep and see Smile

mra


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
is it worth to buy and hold at 1.50-1.70 level till next year.and check ones luck?

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@mra wrote:is it worth to buy and hold at 1.50-1.70 level till next year.and check ones luck?
Why hold ? GREG.N0000 is below Rs33/=.So if u really want to hold buy GREG.N0000 and hold Wink

lokuayya


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
not only greg lovers are losers .
this mess brought the whole market down .
now the gregs dream of collecting money from investors is collapsed.what they will do now.
sorry state.

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@sapumal wrote:Look at this one
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/5811262673956_618.pdf

How SEC can be this much cruel for GREG.
Actually they punishing retailers. Not the masters
WHY THIS KOLAVERI KOLAVARI KOLAVARI SEC...
GREGA BLACK DHO... ANITHWA SUDU DHO....
WHY THIS KOLAVERI KOLAVERI KOLAVERI SEC...

mra

mra
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@mra wrote:is it worth to buy and hold at 1.50-1.70 level till next year.and check ones luck?
Why hold ? GREG.N0000 is below Rs33/=.So if u really want to hold buy GREG.N0000 and hold Wink

investment basis buy 10,000 shares of w2 and buying 10,000 normal have a huge % difference. to checking one's luck w2 is better I hope.

w2-10000x1.5=rs. 15,000/-
N- 10000 x 26= rs. 260,000

260,000-15,000= 245,000. so better keep this 245,000 in FD and try with w2
even you don't pay for conversion, still you can sett off 15,000 loss from your FD gain.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
BLACK HOLE Activated.

(Can anyone remember ?) study


Innam and some others here including Chinwi can humbly say we have tried out best to save the people from this agony, from the inception of this warrant factory.

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Yes, Chinwi, It was quite obvious to some. Isn't it?

Even there announcement is hard to understand. CSE is a good channel of transferring money from the poor to the rich.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
I think, effective date of restriction begins on 24th Feb, 12.

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/1241328172630_.pdf

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@mra wrote:
@rijayasooriya wrote:
@mra wrote:is it worth to buy and hold at 1.50-1.70 level till next year.and check ones luck?
Why hold ? GREG.N0000 is below Rs33/=.So if u really want to hold buy GREG.N0000 and hold Wink

investment basis buy 10,000 shares of w2 and buying 10,000 normal have a huge % difference. to checking one's luck w2 is better I hope.

w2-10000x1.5=rs. 15,000/-
N- 10000 x 26= rs. 260,000

260,000-15,000= 245,000. so better keep this 245,000 in FD and try with w2
even you don't pay for conversion, still you can sett off 15,000 loss from your FD gain.
If u do not have intention for conversion why hold for one year ? Of course u can hold for next day to check the luck.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
Thanks Monster for the info.

LongTerm


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
This is unbelievable, trust Greg and SEC to wait till the last moment to "clarify" any issue which is of actual imporatnce to investors.

People are jumping out of Greg warrants as sailors abondaning a "sinking ship", and the matters are officially clarified ONE day before it is supposed to stop trading. Just ridiculous.

Good thing we have platforms such as this for the small guys like us who can discuss matters with like minded people and make some important decisions.

This is what forums should be used, not to promote your own personal agendas by saying Co. X is going up because I bought it yesterday...

lokuayya


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
does greg n have a value now? i remember greg bv is about 17.is it worth for 26.



Last edited by lokuayya on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@LongTerm wrote:This is unbelievable, trust Greg and SEC to wait till the last moment to "clarify" any issue which is of actual imporatnce to investors.

People are jumping out of Greg warrants as sailors abondaning a "sinking ship", and the matters are officially clarified ONE day before it is supposed to stop trading. Just ridiculous.

Good thing we have platforms such as this for the small guys like us who can discuss matters with like minded people and make some important decisions.

This is what forums should be used, not to promote your own personal agendas by saying Co. X is going up because I bought it yesterday...

Correct in all counts.

This a crying shame how this matter was handled by all parties concerned. The duty of SEC is also to protect the interests of retailers. The way they are behaving is inexcusable knowing that they are dealing with a company like GREG with a notorious history. Who is a the culprit here. SEC, GREG, Manipulators or retailers who chase after such shares in big quantities.

Whoever it is, the damage is done. Unless one is willing to lock GREG.W2 and expect to GREG as a company to exist in 2013 trading at a higher share price, the train would be gone. Maybe there will be last ditch effort tomorrow on the last day of trading. But as I said before , the damage is already done. Some would have lost 80% value in 2 days!

Pathetic. If someone with authority has a heart and want to do its duty , wake up and atleast learn from this catastrophe, if you care.

I am talking on behalf of the majority who would have lost. ( not the few who would have gained from the panic situation)

Retailer : note that if you play with fire being unprotected , get ready to be burnt.



Last edited by slstock on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

monash

monash
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@lokuayya wrote:is greg n has a value now? i remember greg bv is about 17.i am not sure

If you want to trade with GREG forget about fundamentals.. It's a gamble.. Smile

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
@LongTerm wrote:This is unbelievable, trust Greg and SEC to wait till the last moment to "clarify" any issue which is of actual imporatnce to investors.

People are jumping out of Greg warrants as sailors abondaning a "sinking ship", and the matters are officially clarified ONE day before it is supposed to stop trading. Just ridiculous.

Good thing we have platforms such as this for the small guys like us who can discuss matters with like minded people and make some important decisions.

This is what forums should be used, not to promote your own personal agendas by saying Co. X is going up because I bought it yesterday...

Correct in all counts.

This a crying shame how this matter was handled by all parties concerned. The duty of SEC is also to protect the interests of retailers. The way they are behaving is inexcusable knowing that they are dealing with a company like GREG with a notorious history. Who is a the culprit here. SEC, GREG, Manipulators or retailers who chase after such shares in big quantities.

Whoever it is, the damage is done. Unless one is willing to lock GREG.W2 and expect to GREG as a company to exist in 2013 trading at a higher share price, the train would be gone. Maybe there will be last ditch effort tomorrow on the last day of trading. But as I said before , the damage is already done. Some would have lost 80% value in 2 days!

Pathetic. If someone with authority has a heart and want to do its duty , wake up and atleast learn from this catastrophe, if you care.

I am talking on behalf of the majority who would have lost. ( not the few who would have gained from the panic situation)

Retailer : note that if you play with fire being unprotected , get ready to be burnt.
My main culprit is SEC.It is the so called watchdog.Most of the companies are here to earn money not to protect retailors.
It is the duty of SEC to maintain a fair ground for all.They depend on our transactions via charges.So they must do a fair job.Actually they are in debt to us as they do not do their job in good manner.

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Sec aunty and team were sleeping like babies when this cancer infected retailers for many years. Now we all have to pay for that. What a honest and determined leadership.

pushpakumara


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
@LongTerm wrote:This is unbelievable, trust Greg and SEC to wait till the last moment to "clarify" any issue which is of actual imporatnce to investors.

People are jumping out of Greg warrants as sailors abondaning a "sinking ship", and the matters are officially clarified ONE day before it is supposed to stop trading. Just ridiculous.

Good thing we have platforms such as this for the small guys like us who can discuss matters with like minded people and make some important decisions.

This is what forums should be used, not to promote your own personal agendas by saying Co. X is going up because I bought it yesterday...

Correct in all counts.

This a crying shame how this matter was handled by all parties concerned. The duty of SEC is also to protect the interests of retailers. The way they are behaving is inexcusable knowing that they are dealing with a company like GREG with a notorious history. Who is a the culprit here. SEC, GREG, Manipulators or retailers who chase after such shares in big quantities.

Whoever it is, the damage is done. Unless one is willing to lock GREG.W2 and expect to GREG as a company to exist in 2013 trading at a higher share price, the train would be gone. Maybe there will be last ditch effort tomorrow on the last day of trading. But as I said before , the damage is already done. Some would have lost 80% value in 2 days!

Pathetic. If someone with authority has a heart and want to do its duty , wake up and atleast learn from this catastrophe, if you care.

I am talking on behalf of the majority who would have lost. ( not the few who would have gained from the panic situation)

Retailer : note that if you play with fire being unprotected , get ready to be burnt.

Very true. I can not understand why things are happening this way. They (relevant authorities) do not have a heart or they are very unprofessional in their work? or lack of knowledge on the market or ignorance?. Can they announce a trading halt with a one day notice? How about the people who bought warrants in large quantities yesterday and beyond? What is the reason for price band only for tomorrow? I am really confused. Is this the way they win the confidence of investors at CSE. Poor show again by the authorities. Have they acted in the best interest of the majority????. For me , they are NOT.

mithila abeysekera


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
last day it hit 3.2 or something.. cause there was a rumor that they will allow trading further more.. if this happens everything will break loose!!!!!
so fishy.... all this last minute things...

i think blue diamond is the next news maker....!!!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum