A few interesting lines from the article
* The first attempt saw over a dozen apply, but only seven turned up for interviews
* with at least four withdrawing their original intention
* Some had backed out due to the low salary scale
* others had opted out voluntarily after second thoughts
* the new ad states that that the (DG) position offers an excellent working environment, which is professional, challenging and intellectually stimulating with an attractive and negotiable remuneration package in keeping with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
* the Colombo stock market continues its struggle with year-to-date negative return at 8.45% as of Monday
* Foreign investors have been net buyers of Rs. 250.1 million so far this year, after net outflows of Rs. 19.1 billion last year.