FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by WealthKing Today at 11:34 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Mr. X Today at 11:28 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Sihas005 Today at 11:21 pm

» Fall seven times, stand up eight.What happened, has happened. Free your mind from it. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Today at 9:21 pm

» RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC (REXP.N0000)
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Today at 9:06 pm

» Leading brokers causing market downturn
by Jayashantha Today at 8:52 pm

» Unscripted daily drama.Traders are uncertain whether to buy or sell. Stock market for beginners
by Jayashantha Today at 8:40 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Today at 8:19 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by KingKong Today at 7:35 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING ( AEL.N )
by subash81 Today at 7:01 pm

» OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC (OSEA.N000)
by Captain Today at 5:49 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by judecroos Today at 2:40 pm

» LITE.R - STOP THE MADNESS
by Big Bull Today at 12:59 pm

» RHL - CSE's most undervalued stock?
by Promoney Today at 12:09 pm

» Sunshine holding future potential
by keen Today at 10:37 am

» February the month of purification for the Colombo Stock Market
by samaritan Today at 9:47 am

» 5% down...
by Jana Today at 1:52 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Jana Today at 1:05 am

» The SIGNS of SRI LANKAN ECONOMIC RECOVERY
by dayandacool Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» Market Crash 2-23
by madukp Yesterday at 8:00 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Loka Winase

Loka Winase

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Loka Winase Empty Loka Winase Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 pm

krishanthi

krishanthi
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
2012 loka winasa danma patanaragena wage mokada may wanne Question

mata nam dan thitha wala kawada goda anna puluwan waida danna Question

2Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Krishanthi, a lot will depend on the solidness of the counters you hold, your investment plan and your patience. At a time of a true recovery solid shares will run faster than speculatives and junk. Sometime they can run 30-50%. maybe some can gain 100% etc. So if you hold the right shares maybe you can recover and make profit also when the time comes.

If you hold junk shares it is not a good thing. I hope not. As we saw, what happened to greg.n and greg.w2 can happen suddenly making people loose 50-90% in short time. Remember shares like HVA and East have corrected 60-70% from top. But them going back to top is unlikely ( unless some miraculous earnings are shown which is unlikely in the short term) even in a bull run unless manipuators play a game of their life . Altealst some who got burnt might not want to get burnt again . I hope. At the same time some blue chips also have corrected ( some were overvalued then but now have justified their earnings or maybe even overcorrected ). At some point when they run ( in a true bull run) the latter will recover faster and sustain.

Sometimes when many decide to quit or already quitted we might see uptrends. Some will counter argue and say selling now completely is better as market will drop further. Yes we still do not know the market bottom. But one sign of the worst bear is when people get so upset and leave. At that time market maybe start to move. I am not saying CSe is ready for bull. But there are market cycles. There will always be even some small green patches in the pool of blood. If we can use them wisely in the short term. Sometimes we can use them wisely the benefit or readjust our long term shares. Staying completely away you will miss them.

I too learnt a lot about present CSE psycology during this bear. I am trying to learn new ways to adapt. In the long run these experiences will help us to come out ahead of others.

3Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:34 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:Krishanthi, a lot will depend on the solidness of the counters you hold, your investment plan and your patience. At a time of a true recovery solid shares will run faster than speculatives and junk. Sometime they can run 30-50%. maybe some can gain 100% etc. So if you hold the right shares maybe you can recover and make profit also when the time comes.

If you hold junk shares it is not a good thing. I hope not. As we saw, what happened to greg.n and greg.w2 can happen suddenly making people loose 50-90% in short time. Remember shares like HVA and East have corrected 60-70% from top. But them going back to top is unlikely ( unless some miraculous earnings are shown which is unlikely in the short term) even in a bull run unless manipuators play a game of their life . Altealst some who got burnt might not want to get burnt again . I hope. At the same time some blue chips also have corrected ( some were overvalued then but now have justified their earnings or maybe even overcorrected ). At some point when they run ( in a true bull run) the latter will recover faster and sustain.

Sometimes when many decide to quit or already quitted we might see uptrends. Some will counter argue and say selling now completely is better as market will drop further. Yes we still do not know the market bottom. But one sign of the worst bear is when people get so upset and leave. At that time market maybe start to move. I am not saying CSe is ready for bull. But there are market cycles. There will always be even some small green patches in the pool of blood. If we can use them wisely in the short term. Sometimes we can use them wisely the benefit or readjust our long term shares. Staying completely away you will miss them.

I too learnt a lot about present CSE psycology during this bear. I am trying to learn new ways to adapt. In the long run these experiences will help us to come out ahead of others.


thank you slstock

4Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:44 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin
Thanks Slstock your valuable thought.
BTW I read following quote may be helpful to our forum members.

“You need three bear markets to know what to do. The first nearly wipes you out, the second you learn how to survive and the third you take by the scruff of the neck and enjoy it." - By the City of London-based hedge fund manager Crispin Odey

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

5Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:48 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin
@sriranga wrote:Thanks Slstock your valuable thought.
BTW I read following quote may be helpful to our forum members.

“You need three bear markets to know what to do. The first nearly wipes you out, the second you learn how to survive and the third you take by the scruff of the neck and enjoy it." - By the City of London-based hedge fund manager Crispin Odey

Nice one Shri. Thanks both of you(Shri & Slstock) for valuable advise.

6Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:21 pm

busenp


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
I started selling 50% of each stock I have (All in RED)

7Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
deleted wrote:I started selling 50% of each stock I have (All in RED)

Shaa! what a wise action? Wink Evil or Very Mad

Thank you slstock. I'm really happy to see members here like you who have strong back bones. Thanks sri also. Very Happy

8Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Appuhamy


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
yes slstock, There will always be even some small green patches in the pool of blood. If we can use them wisely in the short term.

9Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:07 pm

rishanpossitive


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@krishanthi wrote:2012 loka winasa danma patanaragena wage mokada may wanne Question

mata nam dan thitha wala kawada goda anna puluwan waida danna Question

Don't worry friend,here nothing happens according to world behavior( best example is CSE).So don't worry about 2012,We'll exist when all others vanish. Very Happy Very Happy

10Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm

sapumal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
To save from the Loka winase you must find 1bn Euros. Tickets for the big ship is available right now

11Loka Winase Empty Re: Loka Winase Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:02 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Sapumal, are you talking about the 2012 film? Wink

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum