FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm not buying any stocks until the ASPI comes down to 6200 !!!

+12
Antonym
mono
StocksWatch
$$$
mark
econ
tubal
Niggard
Gaja
Meta Trader
Slstock
undervalued
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

undervalued

undervalued
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

6200 is my entering point, which is gonna happen very soon!!. There will be more panic sellers tomorrow. Entire market is going through that correction which was needed for quite a long time. Most stocks are already overvalued.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

undervalued wrote:6200 is my entering point, which is gonna happen very soon!!. There will be more panic sellers tomorrow. Entire market is going through that correction which was needed for quite a long time. Most stocks are already overvalued.

Just curios what your view is. If ASPI come to 6200 continously what will happen to share which is trading at more than bargain and are oversold.

JKH less than Decemeber
DFCC somethign like august/sept before announcement...
LOLC, the cheapest it went after the split..

I can quote so many more. You get the idea.
If ASPI dips to 6200 , these fundametals will plummet to unexplanable values.
What do you think?

What I am saying is I do not think there will be continous drop like this ( 1% per day ) to 6200. There should be a recovery at soem point. ( upward due to oversold shars. Some are below oversold) But afterwards it can go down again.

ASPI 6200 might be a bit too much ( unless there is force selling to blood shed) as that was lowest in December. If it goes liek this it could however drop below 7000 at some point.

Last edited by slstock on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

undervalued wrote:6200 is my entering point, which is gonna happen very soon!!. There will be more panic sellers tomorrow. Entire market is going through that correction which was needed for quite a long time. Most stocks are already overvalued.

6200 Shocked
technically it should Twisted Evil
but do you remember 13th of October 2010 ?, as soon as circuit breakers triggered EPF came and rescue it Wink
HNWI are still waiting till market falls below 7000

i don't think it will even fall below 6500
below 7000 is a possibility Idea

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Good thinking

Niggard

Niggard
Manager - Equity Analytics

Meta Trader wrote:

6200 Shocked
but do you remember 13th of October 2010 ?, as soon as circuit breakers triggered EPF came and rescue it Wink

confused But Thanks for information.

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Meta Trader wrote:

6200 Shocked

Yeah, state funds will step into give stability if things start spinning out of control. However I am also of the opinion that the market is heading towards Beruwala, maybe Galle and who knows even Dondra Head. It will not happen overnight but I think it will.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

the problem of cse is many illquid shares like cars,buki, wapo etc cause index up massively . but when the market down all the fundamental strong shares are going down. correction should be only for shares like wapo,buki, binn etc other illiquid shares.

tubal

econ wrote:the problem of cse is many illquid shares like cars,buki, wapo etc cause index up massively . but when the market down all the fundamental strong shares are going down. correction should be only for shares like wapo,buki, binn etc other illiquid shares.

I think WAPO wil possibly pass Dondra Head and head towards Little Basses when the rights are exercised and the newly created shares are listed.

As for CARS, BUKI et al, I don't think there will be a big change in their prices until the palm oil share swap is completed.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

i don't expect ASI to go below 7000 level......market may pick up in any moment...............
my strategy is to wait and see...........just a thought of me
i may be wrong............. Smile Smile Smile

$$$

In October we heard this very same story about ASPI dipping below x etc....reastically below 7000 maybe 6800 should be good anything below that and we go down to over sold..bargain hunters state funds HNWI's will stpe in to stop the rot...this is Credit Clearing (force selling at silly prices as well ) profit taking and a correction..... things will settle in just nicely ....most stocks have plummeted on low volumes as well ....

tubal

$$$ wrote:In October we heard this very same story about ASPI dipping below x etc....reastically below 7000 maybe 6800 should be good anything below that and we go down to over sold..bargain hunters state funds HNWI's will stpe in to stop the rot...this is Credit Clearing (force selling at silly prices as well ) profit taking and a correction..... things will settle in just nicely ....most stocks have plummeted on low volumes as well ....

I am not trying to disagree with you: I am just saying ASI is no longer useful (we discussed this in another thread and it's mentioned briefly by econ). I believe if we recalculate the ASI by leaving out the CARS/BUKI group, we will find that it is already below 7000, maybe even below 6800.

That might scare many people but that's exactly why we shouldn't panic. At least 60% of the shares are horribly oversold.

$$$

Yeah I agree ...that the increase in ASPI doesn't necessarily represent the over all sentiment due to the Illiquid counters playing havoc....also agree that the stocks are over sold Sad....but I think 6800 would be still realistic...support levels will not let it plummet further for varying reasons Smile

tubal wrote:
$$$ wrote:In October we heard this very same story about ASPI dipping below x etc....reastically below 7000 maybe 6800 should be good anything below that and we go down to over sold..bargain hunters state funds HNWI's will stpe in to stop the rot...this is Credit Clearing (force selling at silly prices as well ) profit taking and a correction..... things will settle in just nicely ....most stocks have plummeted on low volumes as well ....

I am not trying to disagree with you: I am just saying ASI is no longer useful (we discussed this in another thread and it's mentioned briefly by econ). I believe if we recalculate the ASI by leaving out the CARS/BUKI group, we will find that it is already below 7000, maybe even below 6800.

That might scare many people but that's exactly why we shouldn't panic. At least 60% of the shares are horribly oversold.

Niggard

Niggard

mark wrote:i don't expect ASI to go below 7000 level......market may pick up in any moment...............

in your personal opinion, how down would this go. @ which point we must buy

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Niggard wrote:
mark wrote:i don't expect ASI to go below 7000 level......market may pick up in any moment...............

in your personal opinion, how down would this go. @ which point we must buy

I don't think anybody can give you a point of entry to the market. Thats why people keep buying/selling at different price levels and the market moves on. Also the point of entry will vary for each stock. You may find number of fundamentally strong shares trading at thier lowest prices in the past 6-7 months. So rather than waiting for the whole market to reach some point, we can focus on the shares that are already at very attractive levels.

Slstock

Slstock

StocksWatch wrote:
I don't think anybody can give you a point of entry to the market. Thats why people keep buying/selling at different price levels and the market moves on. Also the point of entry will vary for each stock. You may find number of fundamentally strong shares trading at thier lowest prices in the past 6-7 months. So rather than waiting for the whole market to reach some point, we can focus on the shares that are already at very attractive levels.

Good call. If you are medium term to long term it will not hurt. This might help market sentiments. remembr Spen cross at Rs 230. Now Rs 170!

Last edited by slstock on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

mono

mono

this should have gone into the jokes sections.

17I'm not buying any stocks until the ASPI comes down to 6200 !!! Empty Black Swan Theory, Anybody? Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Antonym

Antonym

@undervalued: Going by the feedback, you might as well have said, "I'm not buying any stocks until hell freezes over." All of us seem to have arrived at a cozy consensus that a decline of 16% is next to impossible.

But, let's look at the facts -
The CSE @ 6,200 represents a market PE of 23.5X (trailing).
Even if you take forward PE, that would be about 15X, I think.
Now, that doesn't look so unrealistic, does it?

It pays to be a contrarian: Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

tubal

Antonym wrote:@undervalued: Going by the feedback, you might as well have said, "I'm not buying any stocks until hell freezes over." All of us seem to have arrived at a cozy consensus that a decline of 16% is next to impossible.

But, let's look at the facts -
The CSE @ 6,200 represents a market PE of 23.5X (trailing).
Even if you take forward PE, that would be about 15X, I think.
Now, that doesn't look so unrealistic, does it?

It pays to be a contrarian: Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Antonym, I hope you didn't include me in that 'everyone'. I am not saying ASPI will drop to 6200 but like you, I am saying the correction will be deeper than what most people think it will be.

As you might have noticed there have been several discussions about the validity of the ASI including one started by me, where I mentioned that the market has actually been declining since the first week of february though the index is up. http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1431-the-market-has-been-declining-for-a-month#9302

What I am going to do over the weekend is to create my home made index. It will essentially be the ASI but without the illiquids. We might even find that it's already at 6200 Suspect

Antonym

Antonym

tubal wrote:
What I am going to do over the weekend is to create my home made index. It will essentially be the ASI but without the illiquids. We might even find that it's already at 6200 Suspect

Superb idea, tubal!

Maybe if you share the initial methodology and derived index values with the forum, we could be following the TSI (tubal's share index) instead of the ASI in the days to come! Just out of curiosity - What date are you taking as the base?

smallville

smallville

Even after we remove CARS group and look at the index, my guess is the ASI would stand at nearly 6800-7000 like tubel said, but I dont expect this goes much down.. it may be too soon to predict the market is gonna up, but today last few mins, it showed some good momentum.. If these CFLB, LCEY shares gonna go up with some banking and financials & some construction.. we may see it up again.. at least I'm optimistic ;-)

tubal

Antonym wrote:
tubal wrote:

Superb idea, tubal!

Maybe if you share the initial methodology and derived index values with the forum, we could be following the TSI (tubal's share index) instead of the ASI in the days to come! Just out of curiosity - What date are you taking as the base?

I don't think we need to go too far back in time. Jan 01, 2010 I think might be a good starting point. I am thinking of normalizing it by setting the figure equal to the ASI on that date. The plan is to use the market cap as they do with the ASI. Of course that means splits, bonuses and rights need to be accounted for. So I guess it could be more than one weekend's work.

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

tubal wrote:
Antonym wrote:
tubal wrote:

Superb idea, tubal!

I don't think we need to go too far back in time. Jan 01, 2010 I think might be a good starting point. I am thinking of normalizing it by setting the figure equal to the ASI on that date. The plan is to use the market cap as they do with the ASI. Of course that means splits, bonuses and rights need to be accounted for. So I guess it could be more than one weekend's work.

+ Rep from me

what a wonderful idea Twisted Evil

looking forward to TSI Twisted Evil

madu1977

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Mr.UNDERVALUVE,
You have to wait next genaration for buy stock.market will never come to what you predict this is your day dream... ASI 7100 LEVEL next resistent level buy good fundamental now on discounted price...you will miss big time see the miracle will have on after 21 st of this month...... Very Happy Smile

gann

gann

according to my calculations the market to continue with the current bullish trend it needs to pass 7500. if the rally today fails to reach 7500 we are heading towards 7200.

Antonym

Antonym

@tubal: Hope you had a productive weekend, my friend.

How's 'Project TSI' going? Are we at 6,200 yet - without the illiquid shares?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum