FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is going on in the Forum?

+12
TortoizePlus
smallville
Dr.Bubble
Stockmate
Slstock
Roboticfx
Kumar
K.Haputantri
FXX
rijayasooriya
Universalgoal
Redbulls
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What is going on in the Forum? Empty What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

Just for a thought I'm posting this post.

Last 3 - 4 weeks in this forum I'm noticing following.
1. Not that much of company analysis - Most by Osmand.
2. Not that much of General reading articles by Asoka,sriranga,haputantari,cseguide,notme,hunter,slmarket ,etc......
3. Not that much TA related articles by stockmate,smallville,etc
4. Not that much of comments to the threads by Tiger,Ammiable,UKboy,Windi5(So long time),and so on long list with me.

Why these are happening due to the bear market trend or no confidence in CSE new Trading system or Geneva meeting or other than these reasons.

For me I want to stay out from the forum (yesterday completely stayed away - but decideed to follow again for good reasons) because of some unreasonable (stubborn) comments by members in some threads - which drag those threads from the original concept to another area.

What are you thinking dear friends?

2What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Universalgoal

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Redbull dont worry we are here what do u want wildelephent, battery (kidding)

anyway i didnt see windi5 for along time

3What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Kavuru Nathath Wadi Bana Desana Aththa Innawane(කවුරු නැතත් වැදි බණ දෙසන ඇත්තා ඉන්නවානේ...)....like USA bringing human right resolutions against other countries.

4What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

rijayasooriya wrote:Kavuru Nathath Wadi Bana Desana Aththa Innawane(කවුරු නැතත් වැදි බණ දෙසන ඇත්තා ඉන්නවානේ...)....like USA bringing human right resolutions against other countries.

Thanks a lot for your understanding honurable Mod.

5What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:27 pm

FXX

FXX
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Most people are away from the market and people will be back when the stability comes to our market, so as long as people away from the market they are mostly away from the forum as well, some are busy with their work as well

6What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

FXX wrote:Most people are away from the market and people will be back when the stability comes to our market, so as long as people away from the market they are mostly away from the forum as well, some are busy with their work as well

You are correct,but my concern about this forum.

7What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

You are correct Redbull. These are dull days, hence poor participation in the bourse & Forum as well. The few who patronise the Forum got distracted by Geneva drama. Now that its over, we can get back to work - learning the art of investing.

8What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Kumar

Kumar

Not now I can see this from last September.
Please see the below diagram.
What is going on in the Forum? Parti10

9What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

I have been experiencing this since I join this forum. Now market is dull and no hot news to heard so people don't want to come here to discuss anything. But some our golden old members log into the forum and read the posts often like windi5(She has told it to me) although they don't publish. Actually At the present there are not much topics to be discussed. TAs are useless also. so no TAs published. Stock trading lessons cannot be submitted because no sufficient members to read it. Most of members do jobs and they dedicate all time to them.

@rijayasuriya

I know I am in your list. But don't worry friend. My participation will become less when my exams get closer. Sometimes it will stop.

10What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:21 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Roboticfx wrote:I have been experiencing this since I join this forum. Now market is dull and no hot news to heard so people don't want to come here to discuss anything. But some our golden old members log into the forum and read the posts often like windi5(She has told it to me) although they don't publish. Actually At the present there are not much topics to be discussed. TAs are useless also. so no TAs published. Stock trading lessons cannot be submitted because no sufficient members to read it. Most of members do jobs and they dedicate all time to them.

@rijayasuriya

I know I am in your list. But don't worry friend. My participation will become less when my exams get closer. Sometimes it will stop.

No Robo.I think what we have discussed on Geneva drama is utmost important eventhough it does not have direct relationship to this investment forum.Country should be at first rather than otherthing.Only problem is some fellows start to cry even after participating continuously in those thread.

11What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

rijayasooriya wrote:
Roboticfx wrote:I have been experiencing this since I join this forum. Now market is dull and no hot news to heard so people don't want to come here to discuss anything. But some our golden old members log into the forum and read the posts often like windi5(She has told it to me) although they don't publish. Actually At the present there are not much topics to be discussed. TAs are useless also. so no TAs published. Stock trading lessons cannot be submitted because no sufficient members to read it. Most of members do jobs and they dedicate all time to them.

@rijayasuriya

No Robo.I think what we have discussed on Geneva drama is utmost important eventhough it does not have direct relationship to this investment forum.Country should be at first rather than otherthing.Only problem is some fellows start to cry even after participating continuously in those thread.

No one cry in this forum, we were laughing at some head strong stubborns stupid comments.

12What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:27 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Redbulls wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

@rijayasuriya

No one cry in this forum, we were laughing at some head strong stubborns stupid comments.

bye red BULL lol! lol! lol!

13What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

rijayasooriya wrote:
Redbulls wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

@rijayasuriya

bye red BULL lol! lol! lol!

Bye bye.
We'll meet again in another thread, when you strart to post un related articles or news or comments.
Have a good evening.

14What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Oh sorry rijayasuriya!

Please stop this argument at the beginning. Otherwise it never ends.

15What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Bear Vs Bull vs forum participation:

When there is bull trend experts,pundits and new born pundits and many new comers will join and post in the forum. Predictions will come. New target will come.

When their is a bear trend and bad news people who lost so much tries to keep side . Few other will try to create more panic. There will be small battle between bulls and bears. Bear will rule and their predictions come true until the bulls starts. And then the Bulls will take over and they will take their turn.

Right now , sentiments are bad. We keep getting bad news after another. True bear in action. At some point this will all stop. When the bull start ( I don;t know when) the bull can run hay wire. So will the forum.

Do we not see this forum is small representation of the real CSE mentality/ Part of real Sri Lanka ? So it is acting natural. Should we manipulate to upset the natural ( post) balance ? Let the few bulls comment and let bears comment.

ALso though this is a investment forum, due the current situation I see more political, emotional comments and not
investment related comments. I see many are upset and frustrated to talk about market. So other comments and expertise comes forward.

This is the time to recognize your investments in silence. The smart will win big time one day. Until then, let the balance and Darwin theory rule.

I am not asking anyone to buy or sell. Also I am not saying there is bull trend. And yes tomorrow can go either way. maybe bear will rule and further hell can unlease if we panic. Also maybe a surprise might come to see some recovery if some people realize the diluted level of this resolution.( even if we lost).

More here...
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16994-so-we-lost-un-resolution-what-is-impact-on-cse-and-country-now

16What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Thanks slstock for your kind explanation.

17What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Stockmate

Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi all
I am here. I log on to this forum daily but make no posts.
For about a year I have been making posts. They were satisfactorily correct. But the sad thing is almost all my posts have been negative. That was because the market was turning negative. Technically I saw what was due to happen the next week/day/month. I was able to protect my money because of that. In addition I was able to make money too( Even in the bear market , through swing trading)
But there have been very insulting posts against me and my posts. Why should I get insulted by trying to help others.
Now the DirctFn system is working. I see things technically good and bad. But now I have decided not to share them in this forum. I am going to use my technical analysis only for my own use. Never to share in this forum.
There are lot of things to say. But I do not publish them here. Lot of things are due to happen in comings weeks. But I am not going to share my ideas here.
Staying away from this forum does not deprive me of anything. It will save me my time. Why should I waste my time to get insulted!. I do not get anything by telling you my ideas.
This is my last post in this forum.
Good luck to all of you.

18What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Dr.Bubble

Dr.Bubble
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

this scenario is normal,just go and check the market floor,all are fed up Sad so also forum experiencing same.

19What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Stockmate wrote:Hi all
For about a year I have been making posts. They were satisfactorily correct. But the sad thing is almost all my posts have been negative. That was because the market was turning negative. Technically I saw what was due to happen the next week/day/month. I was able to protect my money because of that. In addition I was able to make money too( Even in the bear market , through swing trading)
But there have been very insulting posts against me and my posts. Why should I get insulted by trying to help others.
Now the DirctFn system is working. I see things technically good and bad. But now I have decided not to share them in this forum. I am going to use my technical analysis only for my own use. Never to share in this forum.
There are lot of things to say. But I do not publish them here. Lot of things are due to happen in comings weeks. But I am not going to share my ideas here.
Staying away from this forum does not deprive me of anything. It will save me my time. Why should I waste my time to get insulted!. I do not get anything by telling you my ideas.
Good luck to all of you.

Insult is nothing new in any part our life stockmate.
Please reconsider your decisiion in the sake of those who are following your posts.
Barking dogs never bite, leave them.

20What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Stockmate was always considered a valuable member here.. ppl can talk abt UN, diasporas and stuff and get highlighted here but everyone cant post a TA and get away easily..
In reality TA can go wrong, its not 100% fool-proof system, if so many ppl would learn it and trade and all will be winners too..

So if you have some thing to say, pls have your say.. Stones are a part and parcel of a successful post Wink

21What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 pm

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus

Dear Stockmate...

Extreame bulls and extreame bears have contributed nothing to this forum.
Please reconsider your decision..

You can publish your article here and be refrain from visiting it again Smile

22What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Dont foget Stockmate, that there are members who value your contributions. My humble appeal to you is just ignore negative comments/insults and continue the yomen service for the sake of the few who wants you here. I have learnt a lot from you and if some arn't learning because they want to perish.

Last edited by K.Haputantri on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

23What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

market bull

market bull

You are having an expert knowledge about TA .If you post some thing,i am used to read it.

Insulting is also part of our life package.Ignore their comments & stay with forum

24What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Slstock

Slstock

K.Haputantri wrote:
slstock wrote:
Bear Vs Bull vs forum participation:

When there is bull trend experts,pundits and new born pundits and many new comers will join and post in the forum. Predictions will come. New target will come.

When their is a bear trend and bad news people who lost so much tries to keep side . Few other will try to create more panic. There will be small battle between bulls and bears. Bear will rule and their predictions come true until the bulls starts. And then the Bulls will take over and they will take their turn.

Right now , sentiments are bad. We keep getting bad news after another. True bear in action. At some point this will all stop. When the bull start ( I don;t know when) the bull can run hay wire. So will the forum.

Do we not see this forum is small representation of the real CSE mentality/ Part of real Sri Lanka ? So it is acting natural. Should we manipulate to upset the natural ( post) balance ? Let the few bulls comment and let bears comment.

ALso though this is a investment forum, due the current situation I see more political, emotional comments and not
investment related comments. I see many are upset and frustrated to talk about market. So other comments and expertise comes forward.

This is the time to recognize your investments in silence. The smart will win big time one day. Until then, let the balance and Darwin theory rule.

I am not asking anyone to buy or sell. Also I am not saying there is bull trend. And yes tomorrow can go either way. maybe bear will rule and further hell can unlease if we panic. Also maybe a surprise might come to see some recovery if some people realize the diluted level of this resolution.( even if we lost).

More here...
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16994-so-we-lost-un-resolution-what-is-impact-on-cse-and-country-now

Dont foget Stockmate, that there are members who value your contributions. My humble appeal to you is just ignore negative comments/insults and continue the yomen service for the sake of the few who wants you here. I have learnt a lot from you and if some arn't learning because they want to perish.

Yes Stockmate analysis is very useful.

Haputhanthri,

I believe you quoted the wrong post above as your were talking about stock mate?

25What is going on in the Forum? Empty Re: What is going on in the Forum? Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:45 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Stockmate wrote:Hi all
Good luck to all of you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum