FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» What will happen tomorrow?
by Mr. X Today at 11:10 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Wickyz Today at 10:15 pm

» Dipped Products, Haycarb well-positioned to benefit
by KingMaker2020 Today at 9:40 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by vijay singh Today at 8:13 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Today at 6:56 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by Beta1 Today at 4:22 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Mr. X Today at 3:44 pm

» WIND FORCE WIND
by stockchaser Today at 11:17 am

» Growing Fear
by Wickyz Today at 9:31 am

» ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Yesterday at 4:15 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle?

Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Said Reason.... "reduce import costs and motor vehicle imports"

This shows What the Strategy Of Advisory to Finance Ministry.... They Do Kalukade Musdali's Job to our country...

They will simply decide to increase the tax from 120% to 200% because this is not anything badly affected any one from top to bottom.

It is not the reason to reduce number of vehicle on the road... but people of this country well ahead to buy a vehicle even paying 120% tax but they want to reduce this to keep the dollar stable. If they really think to reduce the traffic on road why do holding car race in the commercial hub closing all the links to the city? Some are now also closing the roads even in peak hours to their easy movements wasting others time on the road...

Definitely this move will affect to reduce the vehicle import at least by 50% for second half of 2012 compare with first half... Next what happen is if the not getting required tax from the vehicle imports the definitely reduce the tax before April 2013. Then no problem how many vehicle on roads and they assume that with importing those vehicle no effect for the traffic jam on the road...

There are many dreaming to a vehicle, Now they can think it is only a dream.But the worst case goes to for those who paid the advance before 31st march and upto 3/4 months ago, They like or not have to buy vehicle now with the increase of the price minimum of Rs.500,000 to maximum depend on the value of the vehicle....

Many people including my self are blaming to regulator of the CSE/SEC for their stupidity.. Please don't do it future... Because You have now latest example of how well the leaders of our country behave top to bottom. We expecting from this type of people to make it correct any thing wrong done by CSE/SEC people...

I have doubt our leaders have not only brain but also heart?





Last edited by SL.Market on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Universalgoal


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
it seems END of another government (i personaly wote to bring this govermnet power now i feel sorry for me) these taxes (increse for all the sectors) cant bare anymore
this call malmanagement , good leson for all

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Voted to become Asian miracle,
Now looking for miracle to survive.

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
farao its another sorry.com

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

I feel you pain and concern guys. Lack of planning and last minute drastic measures is the common trend amongst administrators. They should be there to mainly protect the lower/medium income earners and their little luxuries.

But that is not the case. All the burden usually falls on to small/medium timers for mistake some peopel do in high chairs. Just like CSE people who does not plan and then panic , who ever makes these decisions make massive sudden revisions.

There is nothing called moderation. Seems to be common trait with our thinking. Such a great country mismanaged at times.

First massive incentives , then massive hikes. Feel sorry for those who planned and saved for years to buy a small car and now their dreams are shattered. There are not small hikes.

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Don't worry all of us will forget about this pain,because another story fabricated by the govt sources.
Read the link.
http://www.colombopage.com/archive_12/Apr02_1333336779CH.php

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
The reason for the duty hike looks funny. Why don't you build highways instead of wasting the money in unnecessary projects.

1). Did we a jumbo cabinet?
2). Did we ask an air port in Hambantota?
3). Did we ask a cricket stadium in Hambantota?
4). Did we ask you to spend billions of money to "Deyata Kirula"?

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
eka BURUWEK kiwwa 7500k athi kiyala family ekakata.....me wage ewunta daduwam dena kalayak enakam lankawa diyunu wenne na,
edata thama lankawen pitarata giyapu educated minissu awith me rata godaganne...
api inne e dawasa enakam Sad

nikan awata giyata politicianslata LAW DEGREE dena,DOCTOR rate dena ratak diyunu wenne na..

thamange wasiyata tax adu karala vahana anayana karala iwara wela dan tax wadi kara,ko sadaranaya?

where is the TRANSPARENCY?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

you guys will forget everything and vote for his son after retirement of raja Laughing
then to the son of son(grandson of raja)
cycle will go on until a revolution Twisted Evil

nukez


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@mark,
u 100% correct.people still looking itn,salalihiniya, goldvahini,are brain washed.pl jump out of this sinking ship.meny more have to be come.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
In the UK.

Below car is just Rs 4,500,000.00 ( £22,908.00) in the UK
2011 E Class

Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle? Merc_e11

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422580537/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_1_year_old/model/e_class/make/mercedes-benz/page/1/radius/200/postcode/ng60ht?logcode=p

But.....
In Sri Lanka below 2010 model cost a whopping Rs 15,500,000.00 ..!!

Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle? Merc_e12

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=67935

I guess thats very unfair. Evil or Very Mad

market bull

market bull
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
ape raja family akata auruddata kanna salli naha...akai meva karanne.api poddak evasanna one.....mage car aka vikka mun tax adu karaddi...mata kiyak loss unada mun hinda,raja family akath cse aka vagene.

Dont worry again they will reduce the taxes after some times.Dont buy cares at high level.Wait till prices come down lol! man hitanna api venama forum akak open karanna one cars valata. Crying or Very sad


lol! lol!

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@UKboy wrote:In the UK.

Below car is just Rs 4,500,000.00 ( £22,908.00) in the UK
2011 E Class

Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle? Merc_e11

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422580537/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_1_year_old/model/e_class/make/mercedes-benz/page/1/radius/200/postcode/ng60ht?logcode=p

But.....
In Sri Lanka below 2010 model cost a whopping Rs 15,500,000.00 ..!!

Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle? Merc_e12

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=67935

I guess thats very unfair. Evil or Very Mad


Yes, if you take most of the developed countries the vehicle costs are very affordable to what you earn. The vehicles are not taxed heavily as it is sometimes a necessity of life and not a luxury.


If you save hard enough and work a decent job full time, it may take only few years to save up for a car. In developing countries with an average regular salary even if you save up for many decades you might not be able to save up enough with these absurd taxes ( especially in Sri Lanka which is much worse in this regard). UKboy's comparison even for a luxury car is the best example.

What I fail to understand is why any one ( in Sri Lanka) would attack the small mans car/motor bikes which are usually more easier on fuel also.
This is very unfair. I understand the need to tax the high gas guzzlers with higher price tags (hints of luxury) due to current import issues ( which again arose mainly due to planning issues) . But authorities always hitting the middle/low income people is outrageous. How are we improving the quality of life this way for the majority.
This is clear mismanagement and taking it out on the average person.


SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
@UKboy wrote:In the UK.

Below car is just Rs 4,500,000.00 ( £22,908.00) in the UK
2011 E Class

Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle? Merc_e11

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422580537/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_1_year_old/model/e_class/make/mercedes-benz/page/1/radius/200/postcode/ng60ht?logcode=p

But.....
In Sri Lanka below 2010 model cost a whopping Rs 15,500,000.00 ..!!

Where Are Ethics, Social Justice....With This Rude Tax Increment On Vehicle? Merc_e12

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=67935

I guess thats very unfair. Evil or Very Mad


Yes, if you take most of the developed countries the vehicle costs are very affordable to what you earn. The vehicles are not taxed heavily as it is sometimes a necessity of life and not a luxury.


If you save hard enough and work a decent job full time, it may take only few years to save up for a car. In developing countries with an average regular salary even if you save up for many decades you might not be able to save up enough with these absurd taxes ( especially in Sri Lanka which is much worse in this regard). UKboy's comparison even for a luxury car is the best example.

What I fail to understand is why any one ( in Sri Lanka) would attack the small mans car/motor bikes which are usually more easier on fuel also.
This is very unfair. I understand the need to tax the high gas guzzlers with higher price tags (hints of luxury) due to current import issues ( which again arose mainly due to planning issues) . But authorities always hitting the middle/low income people is outrageous. How are we improving the quality of life this way for the majority.
This is clear mismanagement and taking it out on the average person.

I have no problem on this rude tax decision if all sri lankan including government people top to bottom pay this taxes... Will they?

aj


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I'm sure there are lawyers and law students in there.
Can't you file a case against the car permits. It's a violation of fundamental human rights that some people get the privilege of owning a car just buy selecting to parliament and working in government offices while there are millions of people who bring more money to this country and work day and night in private sector and individually.

It's the same as the law of the pigs: all the animals are equal but some animals are more equals than others.

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@mark wrote:eka BURUWEK kiwwa 7500k athi kiyala family ekakata.....me wage ewunta daduwam dena kalayak enakam lankawa diyunu wenne na,
edata thama lankawen pitarata giyapu educated minissu awith me rata godaganne...
api inne e dawasa enakam Sad

nikan awata giyata politicianslata LAW DEGREE dena,DOCTOR rate dena ratak diyunu wenne na..

thamange wasiyata tax adu karala vahana anayana karala iwara wela dan tax wadi kara,ko sadaranaya?

where is the TRANSPARENCY?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

you guys will forget everything and vote for his son after retirement of raja Laughing
then to the son of son(grandson of raja)
cycle will go on until a revolution Twisted Evil

@mark.. ada thawa burwek kiyanawa.. SL is trying to get some more big sports festivals..going to bid for games same like commenwelath games... spend 800 m . for mega trips..team of 160 instead of Australia 20 ...

This minster cannot face the interview even with BBC... first said 100 million spend.. then asked about 800m agreed and said 100 m from government and other 700m from banks.. said state banks also funded but later decline..

BBC asked about the after having the cricket WC the how the board get bankrupt.. Very Happy

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Redbulls wrote:Voted to become Asian miracle,
Now looking for miracle to survive.

yes.. machan.. the main thing is they increased the tax of normal engine size vechiles which we can afford and no major effect for the luxaray vechile. mainly targeting the medium income group..

The taxes for the buses not increase ..so the best thing is buy a bus instead of car.. and can earn some extra bucks if you can pick some when travelling... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

greedy

greedy
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@aj wrote:I'm sure there are lawyers and law students in there.
Can't you file a case against the car permits. It's a violation of fundamental human rights that some people get the privilege of owning a car just buy selecting to parliament and working in government offices while there are millions of people who bring more money to this country and work day and night in private sector and individually.

It's the same as the law of the pigs: all the animals are equal but some animals are more equals than others.

Well said. There can be many cases to file, vehicle permits, road closures, too much security while no security threats etc...

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@greedy wrote:
@aj wrote:I'm sure there are lawyers and law students in there.
Can't you file a case against the car permits. It's a violation of fundamental human rights that some people get the privilege of owning a car just buy selecting to parliament and working in government offices while there are millions of people who bring more money to this country and work day and night in private sector and individually.

It's the same as the law of the pigs: all the animals are equal but some animals are more equals than others.

Well said. There can be many cases to file, vehicle permits, road closures, too much security while no security threats etc...

Agree with both of you.
But... wonder a bunch of unwanted visitors in a white van will come to that person's house. pale

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@aj wrote:I'm sure there are lawyers and law students in there.
Can't you file a case against the car permits. It's a violation of fundamental human rights that some people get the privilege of owning a car just buy selecting to parliament and working in government offices while there are millions of people who bring more money to this country and work day and night in private sector and individually.

It's the same as the law of the pigs: all the animals are equal but some animals are more equals than others.

Please consider the difference between the salary scales in private and government sectors.Basic salary of even a doctor in government sector is Rs25000 - Rs35000.I am not talking about MPs.

econ

econ
Global Moderator
do we have any ethics in Sri Lanka?? Very Happy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum