FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000)

+5
achala75
anu
Rajitha
milanka
smallville
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

HOPL is a Tea + Rubber planation. Its Public Holding Percentage as at 31st December 2010 was 37.28%. This is a small analysis I've done today for (ok lets say for fun Wink)
However, I must confess that the latter part of this analyisis have been carried out with lot of hypothesis hence this can be taken as nonsense to some..
So in advance, I'm emphasizing that any investment decisions based on this valuation is not to be taken. Evil or Very Mad
My method only suits me...

HOPL Valuation

PAT after removing of other income;

31.12.2010 – 166.31 Mn
30.09.2010 – 32.23 Mn
30.06.2010 – (15.56) Mn (loss)
31.03.2010 – 85.33 Mn

Last 04 quarter earnings = 268.31 Mn
No. of Shares (stated) = 25 Mn (There was one golden share which I dont know the meaning of)
EPS = 10.73

Plantation Sector PE - 24.3;

Due to HOPL's huge exposure to Tea which can be affected from wage hike, uncertainity, etc... lets take Fair Value of sector PE as a 50% discount to normal value which is 12.15, hence if we calcualate taking this as the fair sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 10.73 x PER 12.15 = Rs. 130.36/- level.
Current Share Price =  Rs. 70/-

HOPL has hit an all time high close of 90.6 (with a high of 96.1) in February 8th and dragged down to 70s now.

For the analysed period, their Main income source has been Tea. However the contribution from Rubber has seen an increase in Q4 results and even with the adverse waether conditions since Oct-Nov, Tea has done a great deal too.
With the prevailing rates of rubber (being high) we can expect the revenue to be at least remain same levels if not for disturbance from bad weather..
If that happens its safe to assume that even the fair share valuation is again at a discount.

Lets combine the 2010 last 2 qtr results alone and divide by 2, then we get a figure of 99.27 which I'm gonna assume as the next qtr result and if wage hike hits Tea and Rubber prices clashes in Q2, further assuming profits gets declined; I give a 50% discount to this amount and take the figure as 49.64 for q2/2011.
Thereafter I assume this counter increase by 10% and 40% respectively from 49.64 for the last 2 qtrs of 2011. (The 40% value is given since in 2010 same qtr results are the highest.)

(this is just an assumption for the preparation of unseen and not to be taken as a real situation what so ever, as you can see I'm not assuming a loss in any occation. Only a down trend of profits assumed)

Here goes the calc;
Expected next 4 qtr results which derived from the last 2 qtr results of 2010 as explained above;

31.12.2010 – 69.50 Mn
30.09.2010 – 54.60 Mn
30.06.2011 – 49.64 Mn
31.03.2011 – 99.27 Mn

Expected Last 04 quarter earnings will be = 273 Mn (this is again more than the current earnings)
No. of Shares (stated) = 25 Mn
EPS = 10.92

Due to the nature of uncertainity, taking Fair Value of sector PE as a 50% discount to normal value which is 12.15, if we calcualate taking this as the fair sector PE;

Fair Share Valuation = EPS 10.92 x PER 12.15 = Rs. 132.68/- level.
Current Share Price =  Rs. 70/-

Therefore even after arriving at many assumptions, discounts on the valuation, share price is still attractive..
According to tech charts, this is in oversold region but can even go a little bit down as indicated by RSI/ROC indicators;
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=HOPL:SL

This is just my view and I let this for your futher analysis and comments pls.. cuz others can have different views on this and may also have mastered these Wink

It will be much appreciated if anyone can help analysing the minimum time period that we have to keep a share for a good gain. i.e. with today's price of 70/-, how long it will take HOPL to rise above 100?

Disclosure : I dont have HOPL in my portfolio yet.

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Based on impressive performance in the third quarter Horana Plantations Plc (HOPL) is forecast to end the 2010/11 financial year with a profit after tax of Rs. 387 million. This upgrade in earnings outlook is by John Keells Stock Brokers (JKSB).

Here are excerpts from Quarterly Earnings Highlights by JKSB’s Research.

http://www.ft.lk/2011/02/03/horana-plantations-forecast-to-post-rs-387-m-net-profit-in-fy2011/

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

3HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty Re: HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I have been posting about the plantation sector being way undervalued (Rubber+palm oil) for a while now and have about 50% of my portfolio filled with them! I also posted few analysis I think about these shares like 1-2 months ago.
IMO all the plantations that are less exposed to tea are trading at less than 1/3 there real value at least. There are still some good plantations like HOPL that have Rs 800 (this value almost same whole year throughout) per KG sole creep rubber plantations even though they have some exposer to tea and we can come to a better understanding after the wage hike but still can clearly see are very undervalued!
Most people have a bad memory with plantation stocks in past years and they let there judgement get clouded from this! Well as I said before they can always jump in when they have gone up by about 100% more and on a run like the poultry sector always as well!

4HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty Re: HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:11 pm

anu

anu
Manager - Equity Analytics

Very sensible analysis. smallville, good to see you posting your analysis rather than fortune telling.

My observation in CSE over the last 2 years is, plantation stocks do not exactly behave as per their fundamentals. RPCs owned by big groups did do well, like WATA (Tatas), KVAL (Hayleys), KGAL (Richard Peiris), KOTA (Lankem).

AGAL, MAL, Horana etc. took a long time to be recognised. For the large part, they stagnate.

Labour issues, weather pattern etc. keep the investors away. On the other hand stocks like BALA do not perform upto expectations as large part of earnings are sucked out by way of management fees.

If you look at MAL, it is excellent in fundamentals. But in nature, illiquid for large part, even after a good enough split annoucement.

So, though by fundamentals Horana can pass Rs. 130 easily, in reality it is a hard task.

5HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty Re: HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:32 pm

achala75

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Yes, Horana is Performing well and I too agree with the above views. But for me best Co. in the plantation sector at present price level is MAL. Look it's EPS is Rs.18.98 and price is Rs.103/= Then the PE is (103/18.98) 5.42. I beleive MAL is much more attractive than any other stock in the plantation sector.Annoncement was also made for 10 to 1 split.

6HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty Re: HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 pm

smallville

smallville

Ok dont take me wrong, I'm just expressing my view, but I might be right or wrong..

MAL has been a good counter, the share price dropped from previous levels earlier due to not meeting the expected qtr-qtr growth.. though this has not made a loss like BALA.

The recent run we witnessed was due to the sub division which will again drag the share price down (in my opinion) after the sub. I dont know why ppl would go after this as this will again create the RICH effect (we've seen rich goin down to 9 from 13s after their unwanted sub)

Rajitha has talked abt the plantation values, especially Rubber+palm oil which made me do some analysis to come to a conclusion. There's another plantation AGAL which I'm gonna do the next analysis on as I think its also trading at a discount Wink

I'm more bullish on KGAL & NAMU than all plantations, but having said this; since my analysis made me see the reality, I'm gonna change my portfolio from Monday onwards.. ;-)

Should thank Rajitha for his early discussion on these as it inspired me for some further analysis..

Ok now I'm gonna read some research reports from broker firms as well before the investment decision is made.

7HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty Re: HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:35 am

dhamm

Great work Smallville. Smile

8HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty Re: HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 am

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Horana Plantations PLC is one of Sri Lanka’s premier plantation companies, comprising of sixteen prime estates. Since being incorporated on the 22nd June 1992, following the privatization of plantation estates into the hands of the Regional Plantation Companies (RPC), Horana Plantations has grown into a leading producer of the finest tea, rubber and other agricultural produce in Sri Lanka.

The Company’s sixteen estates are spread over a total area of 7441 hectares (18,603 acres), primarily in the Central and Western provinces of Sri Lanka. 41 % of the cultivated area has been dedicated to tea, 40 % to rubber, 8 % to timber, and 11 % to other diversified agricultural crops. Horana Plantation has an annual production of 4.6 Million Kg of tea and 1.6 Million Kg of rubber.

Horana Planations product range is renowned for its excellent quality and high standards. A significant proportion of the Company’s estates have been internationally certified with quality standards such as HACCP, ISO:22000:2005, SGS Product certification and Forest Stewardship Council’s SGC Certificate.

Horana Plantations PLC is a public quoted limited liability company and its shares are listed on Colombo Stock Exchange bearing the stock symbol HOPL. The Company is a subsidiary of the Ceytea Plantation Management Ltd, with its ultimate parent company being the Ceylon Theatres Group. The Ceylon Theatres Group spans a widespread of interests in Retailing, Food & Beverage, Ceramics, & Tiles, Finance, Stock Broking, Cinema and Property Development.

http://www.horanaplantations.com/Corporate-Profile.html

9HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC HOPL Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 am

කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

මෙ සතියෙ HOPL.N  රු 30 මිළ පහසුනේ පසුකරයි.

10HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Empty Re: HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL.N0000) Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:31 pm

bonbon

bonbon

That's nice. LWL, RCL also will run with that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum