FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 4:38 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Yesterday at 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Yesterday at 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Yesterday at 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:07 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:34 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Diminishing Billionaires of Sri Lanka Stock Market

Diminishing Billionaires of Sri Lanka Stock Market

+16
econ
Nuwan05
bullrun
gamaya
sriranga
dindon1
sahan8896
Monster
Redbulls
UKboy
malanp
manula
ccsentha
Fresher
Quibit
rohanc
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

rohanc


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Hi Friends,
Can we look who are the new Billioniors in Stock Market. I think all Billioniers have reduced to Millioniers.
pls share your thoughts.

Thanks.

rohanc


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Hi Friends,
Can we check who are the biggest lossers in stock market with this situation. Most of we have small share qtys with CSE companies. But what happend to the giants in Share mkt.

Thanks. Sad Sad Sad

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator

GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

unrealized loss. I can't recall any investors booking losses recently.

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

his stock are gona be there for 10 or more years. He invests on very very long term. so i don't think he'll be worried.

warrent buffet used to invest planning to hold for decade......

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

In one news...web site ..seen the jayaweera also have a big loss and could not pay the loan's also..which took for CSE... I am not sure about those news,, this guy was a big time manipulator ne. some time can be.. but hope they have earn more than that in golden days. Not like Dr. senthivel.. same like PCH chairman also have hard ship...

malanp


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Dont worry about what other people are losing. the cycle always comes back on you

Worry about what you will lose.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

manula wrote:In one news...web site ..seen the jayaweera also have a big loss and could not pay the loan's also..which took for CSE... I am not sure about those news,, this guy was a big time manipulator ne. some time can be.. but hope they have earn more than that in golden days. Not like Dr. senthivel.. same like PCH chairman also have hard ship...

Yes Manula, D Jayaweera looks like a soda bottle to me. His success percentage must be lower than the average.. pig

However I still believe Nimal Perera is an exceptional case @ CSE. surely he earned and pull out a lot money from the market compare to what's stuck in his PF as in red.

Undoubtedly NP the best ( known) trader in Sri Lanka



Last edited by UKboy on Sat May 12, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

May be if we calculate 2009 PF and present PF, unrealized loss could be.
If we calculate his investment time span 30+ years, IMHO he gained billion worth of assets.
He came from a business family, his father was a clerical staff and started a profitable venture in aluminium industry in North part of the country and minted about 45 years back.
His dad invested and established in Dam Street a profitable business at that time.
They invested so much in farming near to Vavuniya. Due to war they moved or lost major part of their assets in North.

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

During last two year EPF have added a number of counters into its PF.

I guess their unrealised lose is hard to imagine... Rolling Eyes

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:During last two year EPF have added a number of counters into its PF.

I guess their unrealised lose is hard to imagine... Rolling Eyes


Yes.. EPF must be the number one counter,,, but dont forget about the Ceylon Insurance coopaeration also...must be in same boat.. Very Happy

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:During last two year EPF have added a number of counters into its PF.

I guess their unrealised lose is hard to imagine... Rolling Eyes

I agree. We may get to know the loss once they release the annual report for 2011. Any idea when they are supposed to release the annual report?

sahan8896


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

manula wrote:
UKboy wrote:During last two year EPF have added a number of counters into its PF.

I guess their unrealised lose is hard to imagine... Rolling Eyes


Yes.. EPF must be the number one counter,,, but dont forget about the Ceylon Insurance coopaeration also...must be in same boat.. Very Happy

These people can control market and share price.So nothing to worry.they'll sell with profit.

dindon1

dindon1
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

ccsentha wrote:
GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

his stock are gona be there for 10 or more years. He invests on very very long term. so i don't think he'll be worried.

warrent buffet used to invest planning to hold for decade......

how old is he anyway? What a Face

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

sahan8896 wrote:
manula wrote:
UKboy wrote:During last two year EPF have added a number of counters into its PF.

I guess their unrealised lose is hard to imagine... Rolling Eyes


Yes.. EPF must be the number one counter,,, but dont forget about the Ceylon Insurance coopaeration also...must be in same boat.. Very Happy

These people can control market and share price.So nothing to worry.they'll sell with profit.

They are not worried about profitable or not... if their is a good commision for them surely they will sell.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

dindon1 wrote:
ccsentha wrote:
GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

his stock are gona be there for 10 or more years. He invests on very very long term. so i don't think he'll be worried.

warrent buffet used to invest planning to hold for decade......

how old is he anyway? What a Face

Please find below.
Diminishing Billionaires of Sri Lanka Stock Market Drts10
More info
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=53965763&ticker=TFC:SL&previousCapId=22515007&previousTitle=VIDULLANKA%20PLC

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

dindon1

dindon1
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

sriranga wrote:
dindon1 wrote:
ccsentha wrote:
GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

his stock are gona be there for 10 or more years. He invests on very very long term. so i don't think he'll be worried.

warrent buffet used to invest planning to hold for decade......

how old is he anyway? What a Face

Please find below.
Diminishing Billionaires of Sri Lanka Stock Market Drts10
More info
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=53965763&ticker=TFC:SL&previousCapId=22515007&previousTitle=VIDULLANKA%20PLC

65?? OMG! Is he here to live for ever? Arrow Arrow

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yeah, NO. 1 LOSER AMOUNT WISE AND PERCENTAGEWISE should be EPF.

So who is EPF: thats us neda?

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Portfolio losses cannot be treated as losses especially for big fish. What they do is average their cost with the best counters at the right time. As soon as market started to move they get big profit while collecting dividend annually.
This situation is a problem only to small fellows who have invested all their belonging. When they need money they tend to sell since they do not have other savings for consume. That is why Lord Buddha wanted to invest only 1/4 of the income.

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

bullrun wrote:Portfolio losses cannot be treated as losses especially for big fish. What they do is average their cost with the best counters at the right time. As soon as market started to move they get big profit while collecting dividend annually.
This situation is a problem only to small fellows who have invested all their belonging. When they need money they tend to sell since they do not have other savings for consume. That is why Lord Buddha wanted to invest only 1/4 of the income.

Yes..Lord Buddha said invest only 1/4 of the income... That also better invest in differnt ways ..not only in one place..some in FD,some in CSE, gold market like etc...so if some fell you have some back up Very Happy

Nuwan05


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Redbulls wrote:
GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

May be if we calculate 2009 PF and present PF, unrealized loss could be.
If we calculate his investment time span 30+ years, IMHO he gained billion worth of assets.
He came from a business family, his father was a clerical staff and started a profitable venture in aluminium industry in North part of the country and minted about 45 years back.
His dad invested and established in Dam Street a profitable business at that time.
They invested so much in farming near to Vavuniya. Due to war they moved or lost major part of their assets in North.

Like to know more details about Dr Senthiveil career. Do you have any link? or can u share more details please?

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Nuwan05 wrote:
Redbulls wrote:
GMNet wrote:I think Dr Senthiveil must be one of the biggest loser. May be someone could calculate his loss.

May be if we calculate 2009 PF and present PF, unrealized loss could be.
If we calculate his investment time span 30+ years, IMHO he gained billion worth of assets.
He came from a business family, his father was a clerical staff and started a profitable venture in aluminium industry in North part of the country and minted about 45 years back.
His dad invested and established in Dam Street a profitable business at that time.
They invested so much in farming near to Vavuniya. Due to war they moved or lost major part of their assets in North.

Like to know more details about Dr Senthiveil career. Do you have any link? or can u share more details please?

is he a medical doctor or PHD holder..?

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:
is he a medical doctor or PHD holder..?

For sure he is not a Dr. from Kelaniya Karate Academy... Very Happy

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Billionaires are in the making!

besthope


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Sstar wrote:Billionaires are in the making!

adey this reminding me of a pukkah joke i am hearing last nite at my club.
somebody asking how to become a millionaire ?
somebody else saying start with a Billion and then join SLEF  lol!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum