FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by EPS Today at 8:34 am

» Technical update 12.08.2022 Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 10:38 pm

» Exterminators Plc (EXT.N)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» CW Makie Highest Dividend Payer- EPS of Rs.10 for Quarter
by Ros123 Yesterday at 5:57 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by SamJay1974 Yesterday at 2:46 pm

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:27 am

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by ashan silva Yesterday at 11:12 am

» HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL)
by cheetah Yesterday at 11:05 am

» LOFC Future
by samansilva Yesterday at 11:05 am

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:41 am

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:34 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC (GLAS.N0000)
by stocknoob Yesterday at 7:59 am

» RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC (RAL.N0000) TP. 7
by cheetah Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:45 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:07 pm

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:05 pm

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 am

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:19 am

» Pakistan stocks surge on IMF Staff level agreement - CSE is warming up for the big run
by samaritan Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:16 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:24 am

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Good bye note...

Good bye note...

+23
market bull
SL.Market
Slstock
Deva
kam2011
sahan8896
K.Haputantri
Monster
mark
bullrun
RUBBY
smallville
manula
Marketinvest
STOCK SLAYER
Rajaraam
rjeranimo
Quibit
Antonym
Fresher
Redbulls
glwking
rijayasooriya
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Good bye note... Empty Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Most probably this is my last post in this public forum.

I am realy disappointed about one of the pm sent to me by admin.I do not want reveal it as it is a pm.

So good luck guys...

2Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 7:22 pm

glwking

glwking
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

It's a good news.

3Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

What ever difference,please reconsider your deceision in the sake of forum members.

4Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator

Although I had my differences with your past, I'm not encouraging you to leave.
Just take a moment to look back at your posts (both before and after moderatorship)
For some reason you were given the power but maybe you didn't up your level of professionalism in the forum. It's nothing to do with jealousy or hatred. There have been members who were offered but declined such offers. These are for various reasons. There is no other mod or admin that the members here have any issues with. Therefore, review your posts and see how it sounds if someone talks to you like that. Set an example.

I don't know what message you got from admin, but take it as a wake up call.

5Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

glwking wrote:It's a good news.
@glwking: Don't be cruel to any person when he is already in pain... Especially to a person who still is a Global Moderator of this forum.

6Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

It will change your life (at least the way you react to situations).
What is this principle? 10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react.
What does this mean? We really have no control over 10% of what happens to us.
We cannot stop the car from breaking down. The plane will be late arriving, which throws our whole schedule off. A driver may cut us off in traffic.
We have no control over this 10%. The other 90% is different. You determine the other 90%.
How? ……….By your reaction.
You cannot control a red light. but you can control your reaction. Don't let people fool you; YOU can control how you react.
Let's use an example.

You are eating breakfast with your family. Your daughter knocks over a cup of coffee onto your business shirt. You have no control over what just happened.
What happens next will be determined by how you react.
You curse.
You harshly scold your daughter for knocking the cup over. She breaks down in tears. After scolding her, you turn to your spouse and criticize her for placing the cup too close to the edge of the table. A short verbal battle follows. You storm upstairs and change your shirt. Back downstairs, you find your daughter has been too busy crying to finish breakfast and get ready for school. She misses the bus.
Your spouse must leave immediately for work. You rush to the car and drive your daughter to school. Because you are late, you drive 40 miles an hour in a 30 mph speed limit.

After a 15-minute delay and throwing $60 traffic fine away, you arrive at school. Your daughter runs into the building without saying goodbye. After arriving at the office 20 minutes late, you find you forgot your briefcase. Your day has started terrible. As it continues, it seems to get worse and worse. You look forward to coming home.
When you arrive home, you find small wedge in your relationship with your spouse and daughter.
Why? …. Because of how you reacted in the morning.
Why did you have a bad day?
A) Did the coffee cause it?
B) Did your daughter cause it?
C) Did the policeman cause it?
D) Did you cause it?
The answer is “D".
You had no control over what happened with the coffee. How you reacted in those 5 seconds is what caused your bad day.
Here is what could have and should have happened.
Coffee splashes over you. Your daughter is about to cry. You gently say, "Its ok honey, you just need to be more careful next time". Grabbing a towel you rush upstairs. After grabbing a new shirt and your briefcase, you come back down in time to look through the window and see your child getting on the bus. She turns and waves. You arrive 5 minutes early and cheerfully greet the staff. Your boss comments on how good the day you are having.
Notice the difference?
Two different scenarios. Both started the same. Both ended different.
Why?
Because of how you REACTED.
You really do not have any control over 10% of what happens. The other 90% was determined by your reaction.
Here are some ways to apply the 90/10 principle. If someone says something negative about you, don't be a sponge. Let the attack roll off like water on glass. You don't have to let the negative comment affect you!
React properly and it will not ruin your day. A wrong reaction could result in losing a friend, being fired, getting stressed out etc.

How do you react if someone cuts you off in traffic? Do you lose your temper? Pound on the steering wheel? A friend of mine had the steering wheel fall off) Do you curse? Does your blood pressure skyrocket? Do you try and bump them?
WHO CARES if you arrive ten seconds later at work? Why let the cars ruin your drive?
Remember the 90/10 principle, and do not worry about it.
You are told you lost your job.
Why lose sleep and get irritated? It will work out. Use your worrying energy and time into finding another job.
The plane is late; it is going to mangle your schedule for the day. Why take outpour frustration on the flight attendant? She has no control over what is going on.
Use your time to study, get to know the other passenger. Why get stressed out? It will just make things worse.
Now you know the 90-10 principle. Apply it and you will be amazed at the results. You will lose nothing if you try it. The 90-10 principle is incredible. Very few know and apply this principle.
The result?
Millions of people are suffering from undeserved stress, trials, problems and heartache. We all must understand and apply the 90/10 principle.
It CAN change your life!!!
Enjoy….

7Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator

I know I should reply to your PM with a PM Very Happy

but yes, now I can say, you deserve to leave Very Happy (sorry, we deserve)

PS: Someone lost his cool Smile

8Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator

Again you show your level of professionalism!!
Oh god protect the forum with these kind of professionals Very Happy


your own rules and preferences aside, don't take cover behind a veil called PM. I suggest you resolve matters in the open. It is not a personal matter.
I ain't doing any personal business with you.

9Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 pm

rjeranimo

rjeranimo
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

HI.....rijayasooriya....

Forums or blogs are not one person's property. someone can admin it, but still forums and blogs are up and running because of the members. other wise its like "Open a shop on the moon" (Hande kadayak daa gatta wage).

Don't leave the forum. this is peoples forum not some ones forum

10Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

rijayasooriya wrote:Most probably this is my last post in this public forum.

I am realy disappointed about one of the pm sent to me by admin.I do not want reveal it as it is a pm.

So good luck guys...

No what is this. Please dont leave the forum dear friend. I was out for the whole day. Now only I saw your above post.I kindly request you to read GMnet's post. She is explaining the issue very nicely and how to face such a dificult situation. You are an good asset to our forum, Your sinhala lessions on stock market business is very useful to our members including myself. Generaly all your posts were useful to all or some of the members and guest readers.
If you dont continue your active participation in this forum most of the members will be dissapointed.You can easily sortout the issue with Admin I beleive. So please.. please dont leave this forum rijaye.

11Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 pm

STOCK SLAYER

STOCK SLAYER
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

we are gona miss you buddy

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Please reconsider.Let the critics hinder.......... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

12Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Fresher


Moderator
Moderator

As I told you, I don't take cover through PM. You do that cos you don't want others to see you insulting people anymore?

toilet toilet toilet... seems to be your favorite word, even in PMs. wonder that's where your profession is related to

Very Happy

I rest my case with this. As far as I am concerned, you do not respect others. Of course you are helping to bring the quality of the forum down.

Your knowledge aside, all I commented here was about your behavior. If you can't listen or realise your own behavior then there's nothing much anyone can do.

Up to you man.

13Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear GMNet, I appriciate very much your kind advice to our friend. Forgot about the age difference. You are advicing like a mother to our friend rijayasooriya,This is how we must help others when they are in trouble. Thank you GMNet.

14Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hmmm what would i say. I have one open comment to u, sometimes u comment on some posts thinking ur Boss which actually hurt some. Yet u know u could always correct ur mistakes never too late as long as u realize it deeply and gently and also accept it. Finally to leave or not its ur decision. Btw GMNET ur post is superb i really like it. Its simply correct person who keeps the cool wins the game and it can be at any stage in LIFE. Good luck

15Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 10:31 pm

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear Raja..sorry to hear that you are leaving... or last post... only thng be cool.. as members we are arguing with different opnions.. different memebers have different ideas. This is a public forum ...discussing different thing ..we are expressing our ideas only.. ..dont get to much anger. Keep cool bro...It is good for the health also. By the way GMnet post is superb.. thanks GM net for that ..we can learn lot form that...GOOD LUCK...

16Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 10:40 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

You've contributed the forum in great deal Rijay, so I request you to re-think of your decision to leave..

17Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 10:49 pm

RUBBY


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

smallville wrote:You've contributed the forum in great deal Rijay, so I request you to re-think of your decision to leave..

Do not leave us dear... u r a asset to this forum..... pls think again ...... No No No

18Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:You've contributed the forum in great deal Rijay, so I request you to re-think of your decision to leave..
Yes rijaye, we want you. Pl. dont leave this forum.

19Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 11:00 pm

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

GMNet wrote:It will change your life (at least the way you react to situations).
What is this principle? 10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react.
What does this mean? We really have no control over 10% of what happens to us.
We cannot stop the car from breaking down. The plane will be late arriving, which throws our whole schedule off. A driver may cut us off in traffic.
We have no control over this 10%. The other 90% is different. You determine the other 90%.
How? ……….By your reaction.
You cannot control a red light. but you can control your reaction. Don't let people fool you; YOU can control how you react.
Let's use an example.

You are eating breakfast with your family. Your daughter knocks over a cup of coffee onto your business shirt. You have no control over what just happened.
What happens next will be determined by how you react.
You curse.
You harshly scold your daughter for knocking the cup over. She breaks down in tears. After scolding her, you turn to your spouse and criticize her for placing the cup too close to the edge of the table. A short verbal battle follows. You storm upstairs and change your shirt. Back downstairs, you find your daughter has been too busy crying to finish breakfast and get ready for school. She misses the bus.
Your spouse must leave immediately for work. You rush to the car and drive your daughter to school. Because you are late, you drive 40 miles an hour in a 30 mph speed limit.

After a 15-minute delay and throwing $60 traffic fine away, you arrive at school. Your daughter runs into the building without saying goodbye. After arriving at the office 20 minutes late, you find you forgot your briefcase. Your day has started terrible. As it continues, it seems to get worse and worse. You look forward to coming home.
When you arrive home, you find small wedge in your relationship with your spouse and daughter.
Why? …. Because of how you reacted in the morning.
Why did you have a bad day?
A) Did the coffee cause it?
B) Did your daughter cause it?
C) Did the policeman cause it?
D) Did you cause it?
The answer is “D".
You had no control over what happened with the coffee. How you reacted in those 5 seconds is what caused your bad day.
Here is what could have and should have happened.
Coffee splashes over you. Your daughter is about to cry. You gently say, "Its ok honey, you just need to be more careful next time". Grabbing a towel you rush upstairs. After grabbing a new shirt and your briefcase, you come back down in time to look through the window and see your child getting on the bus. She turns and waves. You arrive 5 minutes early and cheerfully greet the staff. Your boss comments on how good the day you are having.
Notice the difference?
Two different scenarios. Both started the same. Both ended different.
Why?
Because of how you REACTED.
You really do not have any control over 10% of what happens. The other 90% was determined by your reaction.
Here are some ways to apply the 90/10 principle. If someone says something negative about you, don't be a sponge. Let the attack roll off like water on glass. You don't have to let the negative comment affect you!
React properly and it will not ruin your day. A wrong reaction could result in losing a friend, being fired, getting stressed out etc.

How do you react if someone cuts you off in traffic? Do you lose your temper? Pound on the steering wheel? A friend of mine had the steering wheel fall off) Do you curse? Does your blood pressure skyrocket? Do you try and bump them?
WHO CARES if you arrive ten seconds later at work? Why let the cars ruin your drive?
Remember the 90/10 principle, and do not worry about it.
You are told you lost your job.
Why lose sleep and get irritated? It will work out. Use your worrying energy and time into finding another job.
The plane is late; it is going to mangle your schedule for the day. Why take outpour frustration on the flight attendant? She has no control over what is going on.
Use your time to study, get to know the other passenger. Why get stressed out? It will just make things worse.
Now you know the 90-10 principle. Apply it and you will be amazed at the results. You will lose nothing if you try it. The 90-10 principle is incredible. Very few know and apply this principle.
The result?
Millions of people are suffering from undeserved stress, trials, problems and heartache. We all must understand and apply the 90/10 principle.
It CAN change your life!!!
Enjoy….

Wow, Excellent way of teaching. Dear outgoing member, how do you step down from the excellent friends of yours like him? Change yourself and come back. You are welcome once again.

20Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

dear rija...

i dont think its good to quit from us,because you gave a good valuable contribution to the forum,but i must say that you have to control yourself, remember how you argued with me and monster sometime back?
at that time you are just a user,but now you are a global mod,so i think you better think twice before post something contradictory against any post or user,just review your past posts bro...,you may find your errors and can avoid them Smile

when i posted rudely,my dear small PM and told that my comments are too harsh,so i respect...

"smallville wrote:
Marki,

I think the arguments on this thread by u were a bit too much wage..
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16774-topic#110481

pls be careful not to run into problems, we have to respect all views and also we need to be a bit tactful when handling these

small."



you see,he is a good admin and also my TA guru,anyway please just forget everything and start again,
expecting your further contribution Smile

best regards Very Happy

21Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear rija,
I strongly discourage you to leave this forum. You must re-think your final decision. Your contribution to this forum is immense. Even I have argued with others many times. We have to respect others views as well.

Mark, I have a short memory. Laughing I don't know when we argued with rijay... May be in the initial days.

After all, it's a wonderful advice from GMNet
mark wrote:dear rija...

i dont think its good to quit from us,because you gave a good valuable contribution to the forum,but i must say that you have to control yourself, remember how you argued with me and monster sometime back?
at that time you are just a user,but now you are a global mod,so i think you better think twice before post something contradictory against any post or user,just review your past posts bro...,you may find your errors and can avoid them Smile

when i posted rudely,my dear small PM and told that my comments are too harsh,so i respect...

"smallville wrote:
Marki,

I think the arguments on this thread by u were a bit too much wage..
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16774-topic#110481

pls be careful not to run into problems, we have to respect all views and also we need to be a bit tactful when handling these

small."



you see,he is a good admin and also my TA guru,anyway please just forget everything and start again,
expecting your further contribution Smile

best regards Very Happy

22Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Wed May 16, 2012 7:30 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

rijayasooriya wrote:Most probably this is my last post in this public forum.

I am realy disappointed about one of the pm sent to me by admin.I do not want reveal it as it is a pm.

So good luck guys...

I am very sad to hear this, Rijaya. You being a great personality trying to defend the mother land, you never allowed any criticism from anti-sri lanka lobbysts in the forum to go scot free without any counter criticism from you. Despite your views on certain political issues, many members admire your pioneering work in technical analysis lessons in Sinhala language. I know you get worked up when you see contrary views to yours and make raw comments at times. Its ok by members of the forum but when one becomes a global mod one has to guard his toung. I know its not easy to do that but the admin can expect such controlled behaviour from a global mod. Having said that all what I want is please dont leave the forum and continue your yeomen service because we need you.

23Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 am

sahan8896


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

K.Haputantri wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:Most probably this is my last post in this public forum.

I am realy disappointed about one of the pm sent to me by admin.I do not want reveal it as it is a pm.

So good luck guys...

I am very sad to hear this, Rijaya. You being a great personality trying to defend the mother land, you never allowed any criticism from anti-sri lanka lobbysts in the forum to go scot free without any counter criticism from you. Despite your views on certain political issues, many members admire your pioneering work in technical analysis lessons in Sinhala language. I know you get worked up when you see contrary views to yours and make raw comments at times. Its ok by members of the forum but when one becomes a global mod one has to guard his toung. I know its not easy to do that but the admin can expect such controlled behaviour from a global mod. Having said that all what I want is please dont leave the forum and continue your yeomen service because we need you.
Defending motherland and defending polititions are two things.

24Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 am

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

K.Haputantri wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:Most probably this is my last post in this public forum.

I am realy disappointed about one of the pm sent to me by admin.I do not want reveal it as it is a pm.

So good luck guys...

I am very sad to hear this, Rijaya. You being a great personality trying to defend the mother land, you never allowed any criticism from anti-sri lanka lobbysts in the forum to go scot free without any counter criticism from you. Despite your views on certain political issues, many members admire your pioneering work in technical analysis lessons in Sinhala language. I know you get worked up when you see contrary views to yours and make raw comments at times. Its ok by members of the forum but when one becomes a global mod one has to guard his toung. I know its not easy to do that but the admin can expect such controlled behaviour from a global mod. Having said that all what I want is please dont leave the forum and continue your yeomen service because we need you.

I agree with hapu. rijayasooriya, pl. dont leave this forum and request u to continue your valuvable service.

25Good bye note... Empty Re: Good bye note... Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 am

Deva


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

rijayasooriya wrote:Most probably this is my last post in this public forum.

I am realy disappointed about one of the pm sent to me by admin.I do not want reveal it as it is a pm.

So good luck guys...

rijasooriya, why is this sudden change of mind? Probably, admin would have provided some advice.

I am sure you are a great person who has the capacity to take it up, adjust any short comings and be challenging. You have been a very helpful person, good advisor and an asset to this forum.

Please be good enough to reconsider your decision, I know you will return with a smiling face. Smile Smile Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum