FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Directors' Dealings today
by SAGA Today at 3:34 pm

» JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC (JKH.N0000)
by Eranx Today at 3:32 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Today at 3:05 pm

» අද ජූලි 27 හෙට අනිද්දා අගෝස්තුවේ කොටස් වලට මොනවා වෙයිද ?
by SAGA Today at 2:47 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by apple Today at 2:15 pm

» BANKING SECTOR
by Eranx Today at 12:17 pm

» RIL JOURNEY
by Karthick Today at 11:33 am

» Govt. assures adequate fertiliser supply for tea industry
by samaritan Today at 11:23 am

» ASIA SIYAKA COMMODITIES PLC (ASIY.N0000)
by jehan008 Today at 10:46 am

» What are the short term profit stocks you are planning to buy on this Monday? (Only honest ppl please)
by 901886683 Today at 9:19 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Today at 8:46 am

» EDEN HOTEL LANKA PLC (EDEN.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 11:29 pm

» SEMB the ASPH
by Itzme Yesterday at 9:35 pm

» ONAL -might have a run
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with cash. Each of us has such a bank. Its name is stock market.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Yesterday at 8:41 pm

» Government loan repayment
by shariff Yesterday at 1:04 pm

» CITIZENS DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS FINANCE PLC(CDB.N0000)
by engineer Yesterday at 11:41 am

» Sri Lanka's Foreign Reserves set to top US$ 7 Billion - Cabraal
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:34 am

» Tea industry expected to contribute $ 200 million extra revenue to public coffers
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:25 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » some brokers’ debts are in the billions of rupees

some brokers’ debts are in the billions of rupees

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

anu


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@mono wrote:Anu, stop playing victim. I know the booboo hurts, but deal with it. this is the internet. Wink

So far I haven't seen any evidence from you. your 2 million story doesn't help your cause one bit. It shows how easily T+5 can get out of hand. So far most people who have been in touch with thier brokerages are claiming that their brokerages don't have credit to clear. They could be lying, but all of them lying seems a little too much.

mono - the last thing I would want is to play victim. No member saw any evidence from you and Rajitha either. It is the opinion of every member. You and Rajitha can give your opinion. But overtures and bullying will not be taken up with folded hands.

It is not my intention to write back in the same language. I only pointed out when it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
no no sir we don't have any credit sir. we're clean sir. it's probably other brokers. i have a list of good shares. (looks at the portfolio of the big investors with billions of debt) yes sir those have potential. see market is moving sir. not to worry sir. could you please excuse me sir i have lot of calls to make today. no sir nothing to do with credit clearing sir.

mono


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@anu wrote:
@mono wrote:Anu, stop playing victim. I know the booboo hurts, but deal with it. this is the internet. Wink

So far I haven't seen any evidence from you. your 2 million story doesn't help your cause one bit. It shows how easily T+5 can get out of hand. So far most people who have been in touch with thier brokerages are claiming that their brokerages don't have credit to clear. They could be lying, but all of them lying seems a little too much.

mono - the last thing I would want is to play victim. No member saw any evidence from you and Rajitha either. It is the opinion of every member. You and Rajitha can give your opinion. But overtures and bullying will not be taken up with folded hands.

It is not my intention to write back in the same language. I only pointed out when it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

eh! I have 2mn on T+5 is as good as evidence buddy. And all these conversations with brokers is also evidence.

anu


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
mono - Me having 2mn beyond T+5 for the purchase during march goes against your argument that T+5 only brought down the market. If you read the posts, members are not consistent in telling that there is no debt to be cleared. So it is rather opinion than being a concrete evidence!

anu


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@duke wrote:no no sir we don't have any credit sir. we're clean sir. it's probably other brokers. i have a list of good shares. (looks at the portfolio of the big investors with billions of debt) yes sir those have potential. see market is moving sir. not to worry sir. could you please excuse me sir i have lot of calls to make today. no sir nothing to do with credit clearing sir.

duke - a good one....!

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@anu wrote:mono - Me having 2mn beyond T+5 for the purchase during march goes against your argument that T+5 only brought down the market. If you read the posts, members are not consistent in telling that there is no debt to be cleared. So it is rather opinion than being a concrete evidence!

Oh i see so all these people with T+5 were just lying around and not selling. Just like you. The point is people had vast amounts of T+5 piled up and wanted to sell at the same time people were not interested in buying or didn't have money to buy. This deficit started the down fall. The rest was momentum.

Members are pretty consistent about the debt only Tubal's broker is saying other brokerages, not thiers, have 20bn to sell.

anu

anu
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
That's again your opinion mono.

Read this. Not only tubal. There are other members telling about debt clearance:

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1894-artificial-day-low-volume-of-trades-still-credit-clearing-left

See, if T+5 was not properly implemented like in my case, whether that alone is enough to cause this much of damage is something arguable. True enough there can be other contributors like stop loss, momentum traders etc contributing to this.

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@anu wrote:That's again your opinion mono.

Read this. Not only tubal. There are other members telling about debt clearance:

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t1894-artificial-day-low-volume-of-trades-still-credit-clearing-left

See, if T+5 was not properly implemented like in my case, whether that alone is enough to cause this much of damage is something arguable. True enough there can be other contributors like stop loss, momentum traders etc contributing to this.

Ah so you're changing your stance from T+5 isn't enough to what if T+5 isn't properly implemented. T+5 is at least 30% of any day's turnover it can do a lot of damage a lot more than than whatever credit that is left behind. And people having to sell T+5 is as much of an opinion as gravity is.

So what did your broker say about how much credit is left behind.

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
It seems pointless talking or trying to explain to people that can't grasp with facts! All they want is people to praise them for putting fuel and writing the same rumor they heard from some one else and get upset if any one disagree with them. ( Not worth the effort mono we just get negative rep thats it! ). It seems best to nod along with idiots although you know they are posting baseless rumors and can't even talk 1 minute to try and confirm even if it might have the tiniest bit of truth!

BTW ANU we did had some facts unlike your rumors that you trying to point out as facts! All the peoples brokers + mine as we heard have 0 credit left over from last year to clear( Atleast from retailers as i said) . But including you + many others have t+5 credit !

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
X KNOW BETTER THAN Y, Y KNOWS BETTER THAN X, AND I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
getting answers from brokers is like horunge ammalagen pena ahuwa wage

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum