I did a brief review on the facilities and features available with the 'Jstock' Investment management software. Findings of the study and how to configure and install
are given below.
The first step is to configure the tool according to your requirement.
They are :-
Changing the currency type.
Creating the Portfolio date base. (if you need more than one database could also be created)
Assigning the commission rates for CDS , Broker , CSE etc.
Creating the Stocks Database. - use the user defined option and the create the stock codes you require. (For other world exchanges the facility is provided directly)
Once the above steps are done you are ready to go.
In the Portfolio Management menu option
following features are useable.
1. Could record Sold note entries.
2. Could record Bought Note entries.
3. Could record dividend received against the respective stock code.
4. A Tool to mange your cash receipts and payments.
5. It calculates realized profit and paper profit as you enter the sales and purchases.
6. Add a common note to the portfolio and also to each and every sales or purchases entry.
7. Net gain or loss shown for each sale and for each purchase.
8. Powerful graphical facilities
- Investment flow chart with investment and ROI
- Dividend comparison for all stocks – Bar chart.
- Net Gain by each stock – Pie chart Limitations :
Non-availability of direct connection to CSE servers. ( actually information is picked from Yahoo – Finance)
Non availability of data backup and restore facility.
Confidentiality of information. - Your information is open to the internet . (Ref. Note on Privacy statement from Jstock)
The Stock watch-List , Indicator Editor and the Indicator Scanner presently not working. Additional features.
Commission calculation can be set to manual or in auto mode.
You could use the data on your home PC from office or other location by using Google cloud computing facility. ( This is as per the reading material – Still I didn’t check this in practical terms)
Optionally it supports 25 popular stock markets
Note on Privacy statement. :- We will never expose your data to third parties. Your personal sensitive information will NEVER be stored : Google password, Chat username, Chat password etc. Conclusion :-
It was stable and worked well on my Windows 7 PC along with other software.
It has a brief online Help system which is easy to use/navigate.
Its powerful software and comes with free price tag.