.* Out of five listed power generating companies four are 100% hydro power based while HPWR has thermal
power well as hydro power.
* All hydro power companies are experiencing a drought situation for last 18 months and currently facing the
driest period throughout their existence.
* All the companies have more than doubled their generating capacity during last 12 months.
* Out of five companies 3 have reported considerable losses in the last quarter.
* Q by Q drop in profits is more than 70% for all five companies.
* HPWR is the only hopeful in the sector as about 50% of the output comes from thermal power.
What will be the outcome for the June 2012/13 quarter? Definitely not be better as they were the driest months we have faced in recent times.