FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some stocks have already started their upward journey.

+3
prabath
wiki
seek
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

seek

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Some stocks have already been bottomed up.

Unless there is a deep fall we will not be able to collect certain counters again at their recorded 52 weeks low.

How about two plantation oriented diversified holdings. I think those are already bottomed up.

Then there is banking giant. It has just started its upward momentum. It is a fallen Jem.

How about the one time favorite chicken counter? I think it is doing well when others in the same segment are struggling. Some are selling their investments to find working capital. Don’t follow such stocks.

I am not following all the stocks but there are few more to mention.

I am not following investment trusts, property and land, power sector and hospitals at the moment.

It is better to do fresh buying on future winning stocks rather than averaging your loosing stocks.

Don’t consider the index. It will be manipulated until the collection is over. Year 2012 can be the collection year.

Stage is well set for foreigners to play.

Try to identify bull stocks hidden under this bear market.

Cheers…

wiki

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

seek wrote:Some stocks have already been bottomed up.

Unless there is a deep fall we will not be able to collect certain counters again at their recorded 52 weeks low.

How about two plantation oriented diversified holdings. I think those are already bottomed up.

Then there is banking giant. It has just started its upward momentum. It is a fallen Jem.

How about the one time favorite chicken counter? I think it is doing well when others in the same segment are struggling. Some are selling their investments to find working capital. Don’t follow such stocks.

I am not following investment trusts, property and land, power sector and hospitals at the moment.

It is better to do fresh buying on future winning stocks rather than averaging your loosing stocks.

Don’t consider the index. It will be manipulated until the collection is over. Year 2012 can be the collection year.

Cheers…

Agree..yesterday CARS push down the index today CARS is making the index up

prabath

wiki wrote:
seek wrote:Some stocks have already been bottomed up.

Cheers…

Agree..yesterday CARS push down the index today CARS is making the index up

odd doesn't have effect on index it should be 100 shares or more trade to have effect(it can be on odd splits).BTW cse site contributions to index are wrong.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Yes some appear to be near bottom and some other already bottomed out. I had to see why certain shares which is trading much higher will go back to its bottom in June. Also see ...

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t20621-crucial-stage-for-short-term#130233

anubis

Note however PLC.N is reaching previous lows, in small quantities but I don't see buying pressure. It could go further down. What do you think?

Cheers!

Slstock

Slstock

Some are panicking too much .. Just becasue there was a YoY drop even without looking at revenue ups and one time gain ( last year) some want to sell as PLC as junk. BTW SMLL is gettting some attraction also.

anubis wrote:Note however PLC.N is reaching previous lows, in small quantities but I don't see buying pressure. It could go further down. What do you think?

Cheers!

DUWI

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Agree, seek. Some stocks appear to have formed double bottoms with the right hand side bottom higher than the previous one. This is a classic sign of trend reversal in stocks, although the market as a whole is yet to form such a pattern.

anubis

It could also be due to the fact that there is no dividend, may be some were expecting a second interim dividend. I think the next dividend will only be towards the end of the year..

Cheers!

Slstock

Slstock

anubis wrote:It could also be due to the fact that there is no dividend, may be some were expecting a second interim dividend. I think the next dividend will only be towards the end of the year..

Cheers!

Seriously, people were expecting 3 dividends? I am quite happy with 2 dividend nearly 10%. I currently do not hold this share.

anubis

I'm trying understand the reasons for retailers to give up this share... another possibility is that I kind of sensed a "retailer avalanche" effect on this share, but I don't know how to explain it or whether it actually holds. It's sort of a cycle where new buyers become sellers in a short time giving rise to a repeated buy-high-sell-low cycle - which drags the share price down in small quantities. But this is just a hypothesis, I don't have any evidence...

Cheers!

anubis

A group of retailers (X) sells PLC.N today at 10.60 to another group of retailers (Y). But (Y) feels insecure about market and sells their stock to (Z) at 10.50... so it's the same lot of shares being passed over to new groups... whereas long-term investors have their shares locked in.

This is just a feeling, I'm just thinking out loud. Could be absolute bollocks!

Cheers!

Rapaport

Rapaport

There seems to be a some hope with foreign buying persisting and interest in selected counters.

SAMP and BFL have seen some persistent accumulation with significant price appreciation together with some other shares. Maybe it is a sign of institutional buying.

Spoke to some traders and investors over this week and all are generally in good mood and one told me "market is red but my portfolio on the green side" while another told me "Even though market is red now i feel a little confident and positive signs are appearing". Was wondering if sentiments are slowly changing??

Cheers!

wiki

Rapaport wrote:There seems to be a some hope with foreign buying persisting and interest in selected counters.

SAMP and BFL have seen some persistent accumulation with significant price appreciation together with some other shares. Maybe it is a sign of institutional buying.

Spoke to some traders and investors over this week and all are generally in good mood and one told me "market is red but my portfolio on the green side" while another told me "Even though market is red now i feel a little confident and positive signs are appearing". Was wondering if sentiments are slowly changing??

Cheers!

There will be rapid change of mentality if gov give a little push as promised.. this is what all were talking these days

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum