* Professionally qualified in three different disciplines of management – engineering, marketing and finance
* PhD in Marketing (University of South Australia)
* BSc. Eng. (Hons) specialised in electronics and telecommunication engineering (University of Moratuwa)
* Chartered Marketer (UK) – FCIM
* Chartered Management Accountant (UK) – FCMA
* Certified Management Accountant (Aus) – CMA
Private sector experience
Unilever (1992-96), Suntel (1996-2000), MAS Holdings (2001-2006)
Public sector experience
Sri Lanka Tourism, Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation, UDA, etc.
Served as Chairman of Diwasa Finance as well as hold/held shares in related companies owned/controlled by Dilith Jayaweera (flagged off as among mafia of investors by critics but denied by Dilith) and his three investment partners. Nalaka remains Chairman of Colombo Land, in which Diwasa Equity-controlled Kalpitiya Resort owns a 22% stake. However, Colombo Land’s biggest shareholder is Singapore investors (30%), whilst UDA also owns 17%.