FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by Anushka Perz Today at 12:59 am

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by Citizen Silva Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» New Bermuda Triangle
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 9:23 pm

» Technical update 12.08.2022 Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by samaritan Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL)
by cheetah Yesterday at 2:27 pm

» What you need to remember is there is ALWAYS a way to make income from day trading stocks. Stock market for beginners and day traders
by Asoka Samarakone Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:00 pm

» LPRT and CHOT old and profitable businesses, yet severely undervalued
by deli Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by EPS Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 am

» Exterminators Plc (EXT.N)
by ErangaDS Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 pm

» CW Makie Highest Dividend Payer- EPS of Rs.10 for Quarter
by Ros123 Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:57 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by SamJay1974 Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 am

» LOFC Future
by samansilva Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:05 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC (GLAS.N0000)
by stocknoob Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am

» RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC (RAL.N0000) TP. 7
by cheetah Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:45 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:07 pm

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:05 pm

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Effect of PC Election Results on the Bourse

Effect of PC Election Results on the Bourse

+2
Slstock
K.Haputantri
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

What ever said (by independant analysts) and done (by the Govt.)the UPFA has shown its strength once again. I think, this election result signals long term political stability in the country. This would be good news for investors in the bourse trying to servive during this volatile period.

The bad news is that voter turnout is alarmingly low (around 50%) signalling growing descent among the voters distancing themself from party politics.

If policy level predictability, transparancy and accountability can be improved and growing corruption can be kept under control sky will be the limit for our economic growth. Good Luck SEC!

Last edited by K.Haputantri on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

I have to agree with all your points. Your last paragraph is most crucial.

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

K.Haputantri wrote:If policy level predictability, transparancy and accountability can be improved and growing corruption can be kept under control sky will be the limit for our economic growth. Good Luck SEC!

I don't know about the others but for the word highlighted in red, will be replaced with another word starting with same letter & that's "Carpet"...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Voters have given the rulers another opportunity ( perhaps the last) signalling the requirement to establish much delayed good governance, transparency & credibility distributing the benefits to the needy segment of the society.

Contention thrives in party policies melts the strength of main opposition day by day bringing expected victories to the ruling party.

Government should determine to remove the black stained carpets in public sector managing public funds efficiently for the development of the country instead of minor political circle.

Many stayed away from voting as contention in party policies thrives beyond control.

Slstock

Slstock

"The bad news is that voter turnout is alarmingly low (around 50%) signalling growing descent among the voters distancing themself from party politics."

BTW this can mean that many are undecided or do not believe in the the policies of current party ( any party).

TIme for ruling or opposition or other to get their act straight. Like the stock market , few can control market for short time bu they will not be able to do so in the long run.

All parties beware.

traderathome

traderathome

slstock wrote:"The bad news is that voter turnout is alarmingly low (around 50%) signalling growing descent among the voters distancing themself from party politics."

BTW this can mean that many are undecided or do not believe in the the policies of current party ( any party).

TIme for ruling or opposition or other to get their act straight. Like the stock market , few can control market for short time bu they will not be able to do so in the long run.

All parties beware.

I think people are disgusted with a weak opposition......Poosa should go and you will see the Dr DG effect in upcoming elections

TAH

traderathome

traderathome

BTW..this can influence/trigger a short rally this morning in appreciation to MR Very Happy

So all the good news for us for the taking.....

Be Happy
TAH flower

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

RIO & Worthy, I appreciate your valid points. No doubt, such points have a place in the international parlours.

I carefully used the words "kept under control" as it does not mean total irradication (which is good in theory but not practical any whare in the world) but accomodates the idea that sending some under the carpet as well.

One needs to understand the reality of our situ if he is to succeed. Our society tolarates a certain degree of corruption, given its value system heavily influenced by religion. If one tries to apply new found western ethics alien to us he only frustates himself and becomes alienated from the rest. Those who are in power know this very well and are not hesitant in allowing certain space for corruption. Otherwise, their power base (not popularity but props from ex-UNP MPs and UPFA itself) would certainly erode.

However, MR with his political experience, has a golden opportunity here to do the needfull and improve its tainted record. If he does, no one can prevent him becoming an indelibal icon in our history. If he fails, it would be a lost opportunity for all of us.

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

K.Haputantri wrote:RIO & Worthy, I appreciate your valid points. No doubt, such points have a place in the international parlours.

I carefully used the words "kept under control" as it does not mean total irradication (which is good in theory but not practical any whare in the world) but accomodates the idea that sending some under the carpet as well.

One needs to understand the reality of our situ if he is to succeed. Our society tolarates a certain degree of corruption, given its value system heavily influenced by religion. If one tries to apply new found western ethics alien to us he only frustates himself and becomes alienated from the rest. Those who are in power know this very well and are not hesitant in allowing certain space for corruption. Otherwise, their power base (not popularity but props from ex-UNP MPs and UPFA itself) would certainly erode.

However, MR with his political experience, has a golden opportunity here to do the needfull and improve its tainted record. If he does, no one can prevent him becoming an indelibal icon in our history. If he fails, it would be a lost opportunity for all of us.

I do agree with you.>50% voters is usual for this type of PC election.So I do not think it as a big issue.

And even with considerable difficulties majority of public still have faith on HIM.So I think HE should have a duty towards these public.I hope HE would understand this duty for the sake of not only rulling party but also entire countries future.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum