FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by Anushka Perz Today at 12:59 am

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by Citizen Silva Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» New Bermuda Triangle
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 9:23 pm

» Technical update 12.08.2022 Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by samaritan Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL)
by cheetah Yesterday at 2:27 pm

» What you need to remember is there is ALWAYS a way to make income from day trading stocks. Stock market for beginners and day traders
by Asoka Samarakone Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:00 pm

» LPRT and CHOT old and profitable businesses, yet severely undervalued
by deli Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by EPS Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 am

» Exterminators Plc (EXT.N)
by ErangaDS Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 pm

» CW Makie Highest Dividend Payer- EPS of Rs.10 for Quarter
by Ros123 Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:57 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by SamJay1974 Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 am

» LOFC Future
by samansilva Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:05 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC (GLAS.N0000)
by stocknoob Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am

» RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC (RAL.N0000) TP. 7
by cheetah Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:45 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:07 pm

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:05 pm

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » What are the lands CLND owns.....?

What are the lands CLND owns.....?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:06 pm

marusira

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Pls tell me any one knows.thanks

2What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Did you read the annual report. If not, please do it. You will get enough information.

If you have already read it, please share your comments, then we will discuss.

Last edited by Monster on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

3What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:13 pm

marusira

Monster wrote:Did you read annual report. If not, please it. You will get enough information.

If you have already read, please share your comments, then we will discuss.
ඔය එහෙන් මෙහෙන් ඉංගිරිස් ටිකක් ලියා ගත්තට මගේ මිනිපිරීට කියල ඔය ලොකු දේවල් කියවන්න දැනුමක් න කොල්ලෝ.....

4What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:33 pm

wgsaman

wgsaman

i think they own unity plaza

5What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Monster

Monster

wgsaman wrote:i think they own unity plaza
Unity plaza is owned by ONAL. I hope you are refering to Liberty Plaza. Additionally CLND owns Poeples Park, a shopping complex situated in Pettah.

6What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

One not so discussed fact is that UDA is a major share holder. That can be helpful at times. Also I recall they had some land reclaim with UDA which has been dragging on for year like TWOD case. Don;t think that got resovled? If they get this CLND value will go up.

Maru,

High time you also look at investing in shares that have more value with speculatives. You hold too many specs. REEF, CLND,CSF etc

7What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm

wgsaman

wgsaman

yes monster its my mistake.they own liberty plaza

8What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Monster

Monster

Additionally CLND has forest plantation some where near Avissawella from it's wholly owned subsidiary, Agrispice (Pvt) Ltd. They have cultivated Teak and Mahogany trees.

Recently a bare land (approximately 2 acre) situated in Pettah was leased to CLND by UDA. Land is currently used a temporary car park until proper development is done. It occupied previously occupied by Colombo Gas Company (situated closed to Central Bus Stand, Fort).

slstock wrote:One not so discussed fact is that UDA is a major share holder. That can be helpful at times. Also I recall they had some land reclaim with UDA which has been dragging on for year like TWOD case. Don;t think that got resovled? If they get this CLND value will go up.

9What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Not in books but high potential Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:57 pm

hettihewa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

marusira wrote:Pls tell me any one knows.thanks

From what i have read so far they own liberty plaza , 100 acres of plantations in awissawella ( part of that mahogani)

What many people don't know is that they actually own 13-15 acres of land in Pettah which are not in books yet as land possestion is not given. But with Colombo Metro Divelopment plans of UDA these land will also be released sooner or later.

Also sunday times reported that they are buying the don carols building next to liberty plaza. So it will be land rich company soon. As UDA. is a major shareholder ( 20 % shares) they will get backing too.

In 1980 UDA had 30% shares. But they seems to have sold some shares under previous gvt

10What are the lands CLND owns.....? Empty Re: What are the lands CLND owns.....? Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:04 pm

wgsaman

wgsaman

i heard that they are planing to build a hotel near liberty plaza.im not sure

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum