FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Today at 10:22 am

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 4:38 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Yesterday at 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Yesterday at 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Yesterday at 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:07 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:34 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS » Meta Stock Data (All the Stocks from 2009 to 2011 Mar 31)

Meta Stock Data (All the Stocks from 2009 to 2011 Mar 31)

+8
Quibit
milanka
hasi84
supun.perera
Slstock
Meta Trader
DK
samueldaniel7
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

samueldaniel7


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Guys,
i have prepared the metastock data files , you got the Open, High, Low,Close , Volume data of all the traded securities , which can be used for technical analysis

It's available under
http://www.mediafire.com/?yinpofjormatqt8

I have included the Nonvoting (X) Shares as well

Download it, Unzip it,
Open it in Meta stock, and you can do what ever technical analysis you like to do


I think we should have a central place where some volunteers can update the data @Qubit, why dont you have a data section

Cheers
Sammy



Last edited by samueldaniel7 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new link)

http://samueldaniel7.blogspot.com

DK


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Thanks mate, this is going to be quite useful!

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

thanks for sharing. + rep !

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

samueldaniel7 wrote:Guys,
i have prepared the metastock data files , you got the Open, High, Low,Close , Volume data of all the traded securities

It's available under
http://www.mediafire.com/?tlj49w6aty9o3gc

Download it, Unzip it,
Open it in Meta stock, and you can do what ever technical analysis you like to do

Cheers
Sammy

Thnak you. + rep

supun.perera

supun.perera
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Thanks for the data.. deserves the +rep

hasi84

hasi84
Moderator
Moderator

Thanks for the data... good work indeed!
just a few observations... looking at the CFIN data I noted an error in the volume data. Anyway we can refine the data?
As you have included data only for voting shares how can we go about generating some data for Non voting shares?

samueldaniel7


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

hasi84 wrote:Thanks for the data... good work indeed!
just a few observations... looking at the CFIN data I noted an error in the volume data. Anyway we can refine the data?
As you have included data only for voting shares how can we go about generating some data for Non voting shares?


Data downloaded from DirectFN, not sure they are holding wrong data
i have now included the NonVoting shares as well

http://samueldaniel7.blogspot.com

8Meta Stock Data (All the Stocks from 2009 to 2011 Mar 31) Empty Error Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I get this error - Is the file removed ?

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

hasi84

hasi84
Moderator
Moderator

samueldaniel7 wrote:
hasi84 wrote:Thanks for the data... good work indeed!
just a few observations... looking at the CFIN data I noted an error in the volume data. Anyway we can refine the data?
As you have included data only for voting shares how can we go about generating some data for Non voting shares?


Data downloaded from DirectFN, not sure they are holding wrong data
i have now included the NonVoting shares as well

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the NV data.
Well what caused me some concern was the 21st of march: as we know there was a big block of CFIN traded that day with total volume traded amounting to over 1.8mn shares. In the data you got from Directfn, the total volume traded is 269,300: which is incorrect!

samueldaniel7


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

hasi84 wrote:
samueldaniel7 wrote:
hasi84 wrote:Thanks for the data... good work indeed!
just a few observations... looking at the CFIN data I noted an error in the volume data. Anyway we can refine the data?
As you have included data only for voting shares how can we go about generating some data for Non voting shares?


Data downloaded from DirectFN, not sure they are holding wrong data
i have now included the NonVoting shares as well

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the NV data.
Well what caused me some concern was the 21st of march: as we know there was a big block of CFIN traded that day with total volume traded amounting to over 1.8mn shares. In the data you got from Directfn, the total volume traded is 269,300: which is incorrect!

but do you think it will have a remarkable impact on techncial analysis Smile
Attachments
Meta Stock Data (All the Stocks from 2009 to 2011 Mar 31) AttachmentCFIN.png
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(28 Kb) Downloaded 23 times

http://samueldaniel7.blogspot.com

hasi84

hasi84
Moderator
Moderator

samueldaniel7 wrote:
hasi84 wrote:
samueldaniel7 wrote:
hasi84 wrote:Thanks for the data... good work indeed!
just a few observations... looking at the CFIN data I noted an error in the volume data. Anyway we can refine the data?
As you have included data only for voting shares how can we go about generating some data for Non voting shares?


Data downloaded from DirectFN, not sure they are holding wrong data
i have now included the NonVoting shares as well

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the NV data.
Well what caused me some concern was the 21st of march: as we know there was a big block of CFIN traded that day with total volume traded amounting to over 1.8mn shares. In the data you got from Directfn, the total volume traded is 269,300: which is incorrect!

but do you think it will have a remarkable impact on techncial analysis Smile

well it wont have a big impact if it's one isolated incident but it may have a impact if the data includes many errors (rubbish in rubbish out!)
having gone through the data for several other counters I didnt spot any other errors: so its not a concern.
thanks for your effort!

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

All stock data of last 5 years available on 'stocksyn' website whose link is given the right sidebar of the forum. You can login as a guest and use all available data for your technical analysis. Further the site provide a trade calculator and the option to plot many diffrent technical graphs of your choice.

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:All stock data of last 5 years available on 'stocksyn' website whose link is given the right sidebar of the forum. You can login as a guest and use all available data for your technical analysis. Further the site provide a trade calculator and the option to plot many diffrent technical graphs of your choice.

stocksyn site is very useful. I use it's 'Stock Movement Details' a lot to get historical data.

But I think it's 'Stock Calculator' -> Transaction charges -> Govt. Cess : is not up to date (I may be wrong, but my Govt. Cess value is little higher than theirs). Not a major thing, it shows small differences in calculations because of that.

gann

gann
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Worthy contribution. + from me too.
The method to convert text to meta stock.
http://www.guppytraders.com/gup136.shtml

isurum


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

intra-day data nadda ???????

Rajaraam


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Dear Quibit'
In fact large number of members of this great Forum are enjoying the discussions during both upward and downfall market conditions. During the last 3 or 4 months we were badly affected due to falling of indices. But your great forum helped us to forgot every thing and enjoy even in the deep falls. Many members helped those who were disappointed in share dealings to make their minds. We also enjoyed good songs from several members led by swan.
I know definitely you could have been the first member of 1000 posts club .But you never misused your power to do so and always posted imporant and useful thoughts only.

Pl, accept my best wishes for your bright future.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum