FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CSE Holidays for 2013

+9
Backstage
Slstock
kav4
traderathome
snandasiri
Redbulls
UKboy
sureshot
sriranga
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty CSE Holidays for 2013 Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:59 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/5591350449886_.pdf

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

2CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:07 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

CSE Holidays for 2013 Cse10

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

3CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics

maywata adduwak ne ........

4CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 am

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

21 bank holidays..!!!!!

I cannot understand why our patriotic politicos do not want to reduce these bank holidays. Perhaps they dont want to make our great religious leaders ( pale) unhappy?

5CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:21 bank holidays..!!!!!

I cannot understand why our patriotic politicos do not want to reduce these bank holidays. Perhaps they dont want to make our great religious leaders ( pale) unhappy?

Just a correction "so called patriotic politicos".

6CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:26 pm

snandasiri

snandasiri
Manager - Equity Analytics

Is 21 Uncommon? Smile

7CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:40 pm

UKboy

UKboy

snandasiri wrote:Is 21 Uncommon? Smile

Not uncommon in a highly developed and debt free country like Sri Lanka
But rest of the world. Yes its very very uncommon Smile

8CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:49 am

traderathome

traderathome

coming weeks 26th holiday is changed to 27th so full 5 day trading Very Happy great know.. Razz

9CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:51 am

traderathome

traderathome

muslims like green colour .....and we will be celebrating eid ul adha...and i want the market to be GREEN too alien

10CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:20 pm

kav4

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:21 bank holidays..!!!!!

You should correct this as 20. Because Jan 1st will be only a CSE special holiday. Banks work on this day.

11CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Slstock

Slstock

traderathome wrote:muslims like green colour .....and we will be celebrating eid ul adha...and i want the market to be GREEN too alien

Okay I will wish for you. But does this festival involve food or totally religious. Specially Biriyani. Yum. If I come to to Abu Dhabi will you treat me haha.

12CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 pm

traderathome

traderathome

slstock wrote:
traderathome wrote:muslims like green colour .....and we will be celebrating eid ul adha...and i want the market to be GREEN too alien

Okay I will wish for you. But does this festival involve food or totally religious. Specially Biriyani. Yum. If I come to to Abu Dhabi will you treat me haha.
yes no problem, my wife is coming from srilanka tomorrow with my 2 kids for a 1 month holiday......no worries can make watalappan too.... bounce you are most welcome.

also smallv if both can make the trip here.....& stumpy too Very Happy

TAH

13CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 am

Backstage

Backstage

You guys should record a CSE discussion for the forum over your meal.
Idea " The Buriyani dialog "
I can just imagine the comments that would come up. Very Happy

14CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:04 am

Slstock

Slstock

traderathome wrote:
slstock wrote:

yes no problem, my wife is coming from srilanka tomorrow with my 2 kids for a 1 month holiday......no worries can make watalappan too.... bounce you are most welcome.

also smallv if both can make the trip here.....& stumpy too Very Happy

TAH

Thanks for the open invite. Very Happy But unfortunately it will not be this time as I am at place about 18 hours away from Abu Dhabi. Hope your family have a wonderful eid ul adha

15CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:25 pm

besthope

ah ha now TAH having party in abu dhabi and inviting some fellows. sha good men. but pls invite also some other fellows so all can meet and become freinds again. that fellow Raj who is atm in UK pls invite. poor fellow. u dont no what happened to him no ? see, one day he wanted to go to Kegalle but his driver took him down south to Galle instead. now fellow has fled north to uk i think. he is very confused with directions especially market directions. now he is arguing about MAL i think always. all are thinking thanikara mal there but i dont hink. cheap things no good and good things no cheap. mal problem is they are giving first 2 million non voting shares at 10 (then splitting) to freinds i think for some property when voting share is 100. how to do that men. also invite that chap sanju. he is big promoter even bigger than don king the ali fight promoter. he is always changing his name in the forum also. first start with that diamond in the rough and now touching wood also i think. pls you tell him when you meet that diamonds are only girls best freind and boys enemy. and touching wood, my god someone told me long ago money is not growing on trees. all baloney or maloney i think. best share for him is e-chanelling (and for all i think) when diamonds are dissapearing and wood is rotting, then he will need to channel some doctors i think. and also call that good and great man from sri (lanka) ranga. today he is telling stock market is like a beautiful women. aney chee men. how to do to stock market what we want to do the beautiful women. and it stock market always long term no like waron bufet but in long term beautiful women may not be so beautiful also. and when not beautiful and want to go for divorce then like rights issue at premium price no. for gods sake, pls dont invite bearish fellows aj and the illuminating one. if they come to abu dhabi, first they will say no this is dubai. then they will attack all systems education, teachers, politicians also the sheik there is not safe. they may start riot there by telling those fellows not to go for haj also. also they will find fault with your buriyani and watapalan and your wife may get angry with you. finally i am hoping no one is getting angry with me aney. only poking some sunday fun. ok.

16CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:53 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks Shri.

17CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:58 pm

traderathome

traderathome

sriranga wrote:
CSE Holidays for 2013 Cse10
wedei padui ratata dawas 21 forien inflow enna tibuna mey niwadu goda netnam...... Shocked

18CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:51 pm

worthiness

keeping most wanted holidays covering all religious communities number of days still could be pruned...

This is the time we need more productivity & efficiency leaving behind dirty political agendas but thinking of common people & their living style..specially those are affected in recent flooding...

New thinking of the leadership for the year 2013 is most essential...

19CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:12 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

Should be reduced 2 maximum 10

20CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 pm

traderathome

traderathome

bakapandithaya wrote:Should be reduced 2 maximum 10
good idea, but then who will do that.... Shocked you will find all the narrow minded idiots looking from communal/religious angle this one ..so any govt of srilanka will not touch on this issue Rolling Eyes

21CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

traderathome wrote:
good idea, but then who will do that.... Shocked you will find all the narrow minded idiots looking from communal/religious angle this one ..so any govt of srilanka will not touch on this issue Rolling Eyes

xactly, u r 100 % correct

22CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

After a long time mate.
Happy New Year.

23CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:48 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Calendar omission creates uproar
Tuesday, 01 January 2013 07:08
E-mail Print
The failure to designate Poya Days as mercantile holidays in the official calendar printed by the government has created uproar among the Buddhist clergy and trade union leaders.

Inter Company Employees Union President Wasantha Samasinghe said it would be a serious problem if holidays for public servants and private sector employees were approved based on this calendar.

“The government should declare its stand. We, as trade union leaders, are confused by this action,” he said.

Bodu Bala Sena National Organizer the Ven. Vitarandeniya Nanda Thera the holidays which were significant for other religions had been duly mentioned as mercantile holidays and therefore the omission of Poya Days as mercantile holidays could not be accepted.

“Poya is significant for Sri Lanka where most people are Buddhists. It should continue to be a mercantile holiday. Otherwise, it will be a great injustice to Buddhists. We do not know whether this is a mistake or a deliberate act,” he said.

Public Administration Ministry Secretary P.B. Abeykoon in a statement said the ministry had declared the holidays for 2013 in conformity with the relevant Act.

“Full Moon Poya Days are holidays common to all the employees. There is no need for specific mention about it in the calendar. For the last so many years, Poya Days have not been mentioned as mercantile holidays in the official calendar. Poya is always a holiday meant for private sector employees.

Therefore, there is no need to be unnecessarily concerned in this regard,” he said. (Kelum Bandara)

24CSE Holidays for 2013 Empty Re: CSE Holidays for 2013 Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:07 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

Redbulls wrote:

After a long time mate.
Happy New Year.

yes boss,

2 much busy with works.

Same 2 as well

Sponsored content