FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Market giving a second chance! + COCR Discussion...

+9
Slstock
Jiggysaurus
smallville
nimantha80
Arena
opfdo
Light of Hope
UKboy
Rapaport
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Arena

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

EPS of 14 is not a big deal for them in 9 months time.

To get EPS of 14 they need a net profit around 3b for the year. As per my analysis and info. this is not difficult with micro financing and the expansions in the line.
( So diversified RICH just touch 2.5b profit after a tremendous effort )
If they go for that big profit according to their strategic plan it will be a good lesson for all other saturate companies.

And also SLSTOCK

Companies like General motors were trading with PE of 90 when it was in the rapid growth phase around 1990 under the CEO Jack Welch.
So we can give a PE of 30-40 for a real growth counter where the PEG effect will reduce the heat.

I thought VFIN will be the Next fastest growing company Be4 the COCR last year Financials.

I would like if any body can Elaborate negative side of the company and its foretasted growth.

If Targets are achieved it should be due to the talent + Luck of Mr. Egodage.

Rapaport

Firstly when we are speaking about such figures, then it sounds to good to be true. It is definitely going to confuse many.

But then again we had companies like BFL which ran from 15/- to 500/- and LFIN from 20/- to 300/- and even RCL from 35/- to 300/- levels between 2009 and 2011. Take LOLC also as an example.

Slstock,
Yeah an earning of 5-7/- range is moderate and it is acceptable and will be brilliant in this trying conditions. They have to improve their asset value and asset quality must be in check.

Amal,
It will be brilliant if they produce a result like 14/- but it is not going to be easy. Also Microcredit can get defaulted easily and new regulations can come in for such credit. Asset value needs to increase. Policy changes can suddenly dent performance. Also collapse or losses of few other finance companies can trigger negative waves in other companies as well.

When we talk about LFIN, BFL we know it is run by tested individuals and have been around for sometime and people have some trust. Economy should turn towards positive and this can be a favourable aspect for growing companies like COCR!

COCR on the other hand is a new entrant, new management, new goals and targets. So far so good but it can be a risky delight!

I also join Amal and ask some expert view on more negatives about COCR so we can take a fair decision!

Cheers!

Rapaport

Just an example of LFIN performance over 10 years.

Refer pgs 154, 155

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/379_1339127593.pdf

Cheers!

Arena

Dear SlStock & Rapaport ,

I am curious on one thing.

Will EPS of 5-7 be ok for the last 6 month period or for the entire year ( Past 6 + Next 6 )

I would say EPS of 4-5 ok ( 800m - 1000m Profit ) for the past 6 month which will give a 8-10 forward EPS ( 1800m - 2200m ). I is again a 100% growth for PAT........... Am i too optimistic ?

Please note these figures are assumptions and predictions backed by my own findings so do your own analysis and invest...........

Lets wait and see. If we further discuss this becomes a Promotion for some people............

Rapaport

I feel after an EPS of 3.78/- last year, a 100% gain (6/- to 8/- EPS this year) will be brilliant in this trying times. This seems possible but we need to watch its results.

I would prefer to see growth of this company moderate at a certain point giving some stability to its growth. Asset value has to catch up big time.

Cheers!

Arena

Ur upper prediction 8 will be achieved.

But they cant give any chance to others, every body is aiming at micro finance so in couple of years This industry will be matured and the super normal profits will be vanished.

How about launching the Micro Finance concept to other developing countries in a mega way. Just like franchising McDonald out lets. Think on that. Crazy leaders will do crazy things at a high risk. I dont find any other way to achieve the rs. 287 with in 3 years.......

Happy trading.

Rapaport

Rapaport

If they achieve around 8/- it is really brilliant but like you said such rapid growth cannot be sustained and once things mature out the growth should moderate. To keep this as a long term stock one needs to analyse how the company manages to stabilise its quick growth. You would not want a quick up and a tumbling down.

Yes they have to be aggressive and grab all chances/customers as they possibly can and hold a large share of microfinance. At the same time we must watch for the risks in such an industry.

Will wait for the Sept results to give us a guide.

They are planning to open many branches this year and next year and they really have alot more area's to cover......

http://www.cclk.lk/index.php?/home/profile/branch_locations

http://www.lbfinance.com/branches.html

http://www.plc.lk/inpages/our_locations/map.php

Cheers!

wgsaman

wgsaman
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

COCR is a good investment

ranferdi

ranferdi

wgsaman wrote:COCR is a good investment

Yes today price is very attractive to buy.. But what to do.. mate I am out of Credit too...

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

LateTackle

LateTackle
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thank you a great analysis

Arena

How about SLIM Awards - Brand excellence 2012. Still not publicly published the results..
Hope COCR did a good marketing campaign during the last year..................Lets wait for the official announcement.

fairbullrun

fairbullrun
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

[quote="Rapaport"]

Maybe someone can create a list of attractive shares with their July/August prices and current prices compared.[/color] I shall do it if i have time and post it.

Could u able to do that, if so please share to the forum Very Happy

wgsaman

wgsaman

Dear all COCR won the GOLD award for Service Brand of the year & Bronze award for Local brand of the year @ the SLIM Brand Excellence 2012-Commercial Credit

Arena

COCR 5 months results is good and B/S is very strong but this is far below from what i expected. Net interest income has up by 70% but the Additional costs incurred on new branches have diluted the profit. Any way this is at satisfactory level and Need to wait Another 2 t 4 quarters. Net assets fort he 30th Sep should be around 7.50.................

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:COCR 5 months results is good and B/S is very strong but this is far below from what i expected. Net interest income has up by 70% but the Additional costs incurred on new branches have diluted the profit. Any way this is at satisfactory level and Need to wait Another 2 t 4 quarters. Net assets fort he 30th Sep should be around 7.50.................

So 6 month eps around Rs 2.5-3? So this is around my expectation levels as mentioned before.

Arena

Ha ha but there is no Growth in EPS -----------which means u hvnt expected a growth ?

Any way growth of the net interest is eaten when it comes to bottom line due to admin expenses. Really i expected at least 2.35 for the 6 month. In this way they cant even match the last year Year end profit. But B/S getting stronger..........

Slstock

Slstock

Amal yes I did not expect massive growth as I said before.

We need to understand something. When companies
are growing and in early stages we cannot expect massive quarter to quarter
growth. The growth show in March was good so I will give them allowance to consolidate before showing greater growth. There will be overhead expense in expansions etc.

This will explain why i said I would be happy with Rs 5-6 eps this year all this time. If they can improve NAV to around 10 by March 2013 I would be more than happy. Thats 100% improvement in NAV in 1 year.

Also the loan loss provitions this period was very high. 150 million! Note also that the dividend also will effect the NAV growth.

Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:Ha ha but there is no Growth in EPS -----------which means u hvnt expected a growth ?

Any way growth of the net interest is eaten when it comes to bottom line due to admin expenses. Really i expected at least 2.35 for the 6 month. In this way they cant even match the last year Year end profit. But B/S getting stronger..........

Arena

Yep But they have not given you that expected 5-6 EPS also. For the Q they got only EPS of 1.That is y their annualized EPS is 2.35. Ur expectation also seems not materializing.

hope u got the point.

Any way if yweremove the additional Admin costs and other new branches costs, company is doing well. But since this is a finance company one set of bad Debtors will jeopardize the Bottom line. Any way lets wait and see. Good company at this level...............

Rapaport

Rapaport

results out??

Slstock

Slstock

Amal, am a bit confused. You seem to repeatedly state about results being below my expectation. Well thats not that important is it?

You expected a lot higher eps, I expected lower than you. Now for the 5 month results are below both of us if annualized presently.

Do I sense you are dissapointed in something?

Lets await the 6 month first. Also it appears that 2nd half of the
year gave them higher return last year. So annualizing right now might
be that good.

Amal Mudunkotuwa wrote:Yep But they have not given you that expected 5-6 EPS also. For the Q they got only EPS of 1.That is y their annualized EPS is 2.35. Ur expectation also seems not materializing.

hope u got the point.

Any way if yweremove the additional Admin costs and other new branches costs, company is doing well. But since this is a finance company one set of bad Debtors will jeopardize the Bottom line. Any way lets wait and see. Good company at this level...............

41Market giving a second chance! + COCR Discussion...  - Page 2 Empty COCR..EPS & Debenture Issue. Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:46 am

ranferdi

ranferdi

Five Month Financials Look Very positive Too... Five month Income Shown in for the Debenture Issue is 2.43 For Five month period. So expected EPS is 5.83. Taking this EPS into consideration share is trading at 2.57 PER (Share price 15). NAV keeps rising due to income enhancements Guys I beleive this share will fly soon, What your openion??
For your info I have 58000-Shares and waiting to collect more as a Long Term Investment.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

Arena

Defa this is a long term one of the best counter.

But Ur EPS calculation if wrong. EPS of 2.43 is the Annualized one. Not the 5 months. 5 months is around 1...................U better foget about the Investment for 1.5 years time.

Rapaport

Rapaport

Slstock and Amal

Even i did not expect a huge EPS this time around and probably the next 06 months with the general economic conditions and branch expansion. Also the company is spending alot for advertising.

The company is definitely growing and bagging awards here and there and it needs to cosolidate its growth and also the NAV is improving.

Cheers!

Rapaport

Rapaport

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t23836-market-giving-a-second-chance-cocr-discussion?highlight=cocr

Arena

yep yep i agree with both of uuuuuuuuu.

They have increased their Net interest.................
This admin cost will be covered once New branches operate at their Break even level. So expected amounts are being achieved if we exclude those new costs.

This is a growing or the fastest growing Finance company except Valible Finance.

I am waiting to see the results of PARQ. Want to see how well they are doing with Their new Swisstec Aluminum company.

Rapaport

Rapaport

Yes Amal

Another company which incurred alot of cost input for branch expansion was Sampath Bank and their new branches are expected to add to the profits from December onwards. Despite this, SAMP has outperformed.

I think COCR needs time and their goals are bit too unrealistic.. We need to track it for a year. With improved economic situation, it can fast track its growth. The next 06 months may be even more harsh.

I would consider accumulating this stock again if it hits 10/- to 12/- zone..

Cheers!

Arena

It looks COCR is collecting. This is a great collection method since they do it with out a single large buy order. Cash map should show the game...But i dont kw how to see the cash map but know the meaning.............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum