FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector

+6
hunter
Jiggysaurus
illuminati
Fresher
Slstock
worthiness
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Heavy cap counters in banking sector ( HNB, SAMP, COMB etc.) have shown a positive uptrend in past weeks. In past few days, those counters started a sluggish movement & now in slowly nosediving situation.

Today, at one stage HNB was trading (Rs.139-140 range) about Rs.8/= lower than yesterday....

Is it caused by-

a) heavy selling pressure
b) poor quarterly performance ( may be, as a result of leaked information)
c) forthcoming budget or
d) any specific reason ??

Any comments from those who keep an eye on those banks, Please

2Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Look at turnover today. Lowest since July. I would be starting to get very concerned only if heavy selling comes.

3Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Fresher

I share the same sentiments of slstock. We cannot come to a conclusion with the volumes being so thin

4Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

illuminati

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:Look at turnover today. Lowest since July. I would be starting to get very concerned only if heavy selling comes.

Yes, everybody can see that you are least concerned even with an index drop close to 500 points over the past few weeks. By the time you get concerned surely the patient would be dead !

5Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Professor vs Illumination fight?

6Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Slstock

Slstock

So what is you advice now? If you are talking about ASI ( and not specific shares) it went from 4700+ to 6000. Now at 5500.

Also Illuminati what was your view at ASI 4700 before it ran to 6000?

Still there is time sell out as it is not 4700 again yet. Do you advice everybody to sell and get out? Tell people your opinion what to do please.

Btw, what is the real issue here? I can't express my view is it to someones question ? I need to tell everyone to panic , panic, sell, sell , get out now and don;t come back. So is everybody following what I say and do ?

If one care about Investing and ethics behind it, atleast wait for the quarterly results to decide to stay or leave CSE. If one is constantly worried about short term fluctuations , then sell out and leave market. Why stay here if you do not want to invest and always pass negative sentiments . Sell.

Unlike some of you I do not think stock market is a place to gamble and constantly worry about short term fluctuations . I do not except magic in short term over long term shares investments.

If one wants quicker profits, one if free to trade. If one is not wanting invest they are free not to invest also.

The issue is people here do not understand Investments with ethics vs realising short term term with optimal profit returns.

I am glad atleast there are a few who does not desert ship and leave CSE and treat it as a "ambalama".

illuminati wrote:
slstock wrote:Look at turnover today. Lowest since July. I would be starting to get very concerned only if heavy selling comes.

Yes, everybody can see that you are least concerned even with an index drop close to 500 points over the past few weeks. By the time you get concerned surely the patient would be dead !

7Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:35 pm

worthiness

@slstock
My main intention is to gather certain information of banking sector from the forum readers & experts. No malicious intentions at all.
As participants in this forum, we all should exchange the views each other. It is up to an individual to accept or not to accept such information for own investing decisions as no one is to be blamed. Let us work together irrespective of different personal view...Have a good evening to everyone..

8Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 pm

hunter

hunter

I feel +ve when the market moves; up or down I don't care much.

If the market doesn't move, it'll be a big concern for me.

9Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 pm

illuminati

slstock, your response was spot on to my expectations. A small sugession, why dont you advice your beloved, loyal followers to hang on to their shares until the release of this quarter results too, rather than adivising them to dispose with the previous quarter results! Till then may be some can do a bit of off loading too. That will be fun right ?

10Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics

We need to remember that different people have different approaches to the stock market.

Some people are traders who buy and sell more frequently, to profit from short term price fluctuations.
Others invest for the longer term, and hold shares because they believe in the company's future.
Some have both - a trading portfolio and an investment portfolio.

Nothing wrong with any of these strategies: it's a matter of individual aptitude, skill, availability of time, objectives and time horizon...

11Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 pm

dineshfernando

Dear Illuminati, What's your advice to the investors. Sell the entire holding and quit from CSE. When to re-enter?

I appreciate that you always warn the poor investors well in advance before a market crash. Please tell us when will be the next bull run and when to buy?

Are you a trader or an investor? Did you make use of the recent bull run? i.e. from 4900 to 6000 points.
Why didn't you warn the investors before the bull run like you always warn us about the bear so that we could have been benefited.

Do you think that ASPI will crash to 3000 levels? Please advice us.

12Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Fresher

Illuminati,

I believe that people have various different view and you seem to have one particular view. But you are limiting that to only attacking the posts of slstock or those who seem confident or bullish about the market.

As some have asked repeatedly, what exactly is your point? Give some sort of picture of what your objectives are in the market, what you do and what we should also expect.

13Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:26 am

illuminati

npp wrote:Illuminati,

I believe that people have various different view and you seem to have one particular view. But you are limiting that to only attacking the posts of slstock or those who seem confident or bullish about the market.

As some have asked repeatedly, what exactly is your point? Give some sort of picture of what your objectives are in the market, what you do and what we should also expect.

Dont get me wrong . No intention of attacking any one other than challenging conventional wisdom !

14Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:41 am

Light of Hope

Jiggysaurus wrote:Professor vs Illumination fight?

@Jiggysaurus nobody is fighting here. SlStock and Illu are highly knowledgeable and these kind of arguments are for the benefit of everyone, just that they hold different opinions and it's good, helps to see both sides of the coin. I have learned a lot from these kind of arguments. Please don't discourage these type of posts by calling them fighting.

I personally admire the knowledge they have and grateful for them for sharing it with us.

15Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:36 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

illuminati wrote:slstock, your response was spot on to my expectations. A small sugession, why dont you advice your beloved, loyal followers to hang on to their shares until the release of this quarter results too, rather than adivising them to dispose with the previous quarter results! Till then may be some can do a bit of off loading too. That will be fun right ?

Laughing

While it could be hell of a fun to see you keep posting and spreading bearish sentiments without mentioning your view on the ASI or the market at large, I should also like to point out that strategies may differ from on individual to another individual.

Ppl should take calculated risks? Shouldn't they?
Whether keeping the stocks or sell them depends on their knowledge and ability to hold.. Some ppl buy shares with short term expectations and then sell at a loss when those go down more..
So what can others' or their opinion do abt it?

Actually we saw ASI going down and ultimately hitting 4725.. Then how many ppl collected and cashed out after ASI hitting 6000+?

So when ASI hit 4725 and going up, we have been saying - its a market correction, the outlook is negative, ASI is yet to bottom out, this is a temporary setup, this is a minor correction, etc...and not to buy shares. ppl would believe us but that's an opportunity loss if they dont take a small risk and trade, right?

So rather than challenging a person's conventional wisdom why dont you share your intelligent view?
Surely it will lead to a better discussion for many to learn..

Dont be so naive.. You've been bearish from the day one but yet to provide a valid reason..

16Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Empty Re: Nosediving Trend in Banking Sector Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Illuminati,

Hmm, your every 3 Month cyclic bear attacks are back when market is RED.
Remember the last conversation below ;-)
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t20757-rcl-results-for-june-2012#129051

Okay lets keep this simple . Help the forum to learn and understand your logic. It will help us too.

Please answer the member question asked here . Also the below ..

1) When was the last time you invested at CSE ( are you currently) and if not when will you invest again ?
2) Are all companies at CSE doing horrible? None deserves investment is it?
3) Do you hate long term investors?
4) If you feel this market is very dangerous do me and other a favour and tell us should
we sell everything now? ( short term, long term, medium shares all of it)
5) Where do you think ASI should end up falling. When should be buy back again then?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum