FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Latest topics

» Prime Lands Residencies Limited (PLR)
by N W Today at 12:29 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Captain Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» "MFL" DEAL to 12 RS (multi finance plc)
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 9:57 pm

» Japanese money laundering via PABC Bank raise CB eye brows
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 9:35 pm

» Growing Fear
by Wickyz Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Yesterday at 8:01 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» FUTURE of BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC (BIL)
by ONTHEMONEY Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» CONGRATULATIONS TO FINANCIAL CHRONICLE ON THIS 11TH YEAR
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 3:31 pm

» HNB to merge with Seylan Bank?
by reyaz Yesterday at 11:37 am

» There are howmany funds in Sri Lanka?
by reyaz Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm

» Positive for BIL
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 pm

» The Introduction of COVID 19 Vaccine and CSE
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 pm

» HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC (HEXP.N0000)
by samaritan Tue May 04, 2021 1:21 pm

» Next market support level
by celtic tiger Tue May 04, 2021 1:17 pm

» NDB.R An opportunity not to be missed
by stocknoob Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm

» Lanka Aluminum
by stockchaser Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am

» Ban of chemical fertilizers is a great news
by Mr. X Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am

» Jordan Belfort(The Wolf) vs Gorden Gekko who is the best Stock market related movie character ?
by dayandacool Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am

» PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC (PABC.N0000)
by wealth123 Mon May 03, 2021 9:37 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Stop blaming when others help

Stop blaming when others help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stop blaming when others help Empty Stop blaming when others help Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Merdox

Merdox
Stock Trader
Guyz act like adults and not like kids. How can it be manipulation if the value of future earnings and present undervalue is shown with proof and statistics? Even if investnow is down stil BFL will move to its value no doubt in that and it's performance. This downturn can be for many reasons like all say. A share never goes up straight or comes down straight, it has ups and downs due to many reasons and sentiments of investors and traders but still just look at the volume and and turnover for the last two days actually what is happening is intelligent investors are collecting silenty without showin pressure. I don't have to tell all this but just to help make the beginners aware of what is going on. If it wasn't for those analysis by the pros only the big and intelligent investors would have enjoyed. Rather than thanking his efforts you all keep blaming them. That is Sri Lankan style... Just wait and see how it moves again in few days even without the "promoters" as u all refer to them... Be thankful to them for helping atleast find value stocks and instead being ungrateful after all what profits you made and surely the rest who blame or the ones who could not join the game and are jealous that is the truth. Good luck guyz and trade wisely.how much knowledge we gained from them?

2Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm

KDS

KDS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I think its enough talking about promoters of shares and BFL. Lot of arguments have been done already and repetition is not going to help anyone. I would say BFL is only fairly undervalued at this price levels as these stocks carry lot of Risk factor, not like manufacturing entities. The question though its upside potential in short term ?!
So, better to wait and see than talking over the same subject and share due to someone trying to promote it.
I think members would agree with me on this point.

3Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
I also think we have to well come other members if they want to join here, but by blaming others the persons who presently contribute this site also may thing about unwanted argument and keep quite

4Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm

smalta

smalta
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Merdox wrote:Guyz act like adults and not like kids. How can it be manipulation if the value of future earnings and present undervalue is shown with proof and statistics? Even if investnow is down stil BFL will move to its value no doubt in that and it's performance. This downturn can be for many reasons like all say. A share never goes up straight or comes down straight, it has ups and downs due to many reasons and sentiments of investors and traders but still just look at the volume and and turnover for the last two days actually what is happening is intelligent investors are collecting silenty without showin pressure. I don't have to tell all this but just to help make the beginners aware of what is going on. If it wasn't for those analysis by the pros only the big and intelligent investors would have enjoyed. Rather than thanking his efforts you all keep blaming them. That is Sri Lankan style... Just wait and see how it moves again in few days even without the "promoters" as u all refer to them... Be thankful to them for helping atleast find value stocks and instead being ungrateful after all what profits you made and surely the rest who blame or the ones who could not join the game and are jealous that is the truth. Good luck guyz and trade wisely.how much knowledge we gained from them?

well said

i my self several times ask from those ppl who say MW is responsible for appreciation of BFL
and no one answered me ragarding that

what is asked was " why did directors who sold at 15/= buy that share ate 200/= again "

and i like to point out that MW never ever recommend a stock what he only did was publishing his views and analyisi with some barriers

all the time he ended with his posts saying "DO YOUR OWN ANALYSIS "

and one another question to ask from ppl who say he was a manipulator

please give me one example or one post such that he was asking to other people to buy

there are many posts that forum mambers are directly asking from MW about some stocks buy or sell what he only said was if he did analysis about that stock prior he post it or he simply said do your analysis before buy and wish gud luck

even for PCH the people who start to market MWs statements are krishan and sumithre and now people who some times jump in to BFL cuz only reading MWs analysis and gain a decent profit is trying to eat him up

finally he only said buy while doing your only analysis

and to my knowledge
does word manipulator use to refer a person who spread rumors about only stocks going up or ???
as i knw it is same to the other way around

5Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 pm

dhamm

Manager - Equity Analytics
Due to the bad attitude of some of the forum members who always find fault of others, I think in future, no one will do analysis and post good posts. So all those fools have to take over the stock analysis part as well. So they will identify good potential shares, barriers etc. its interesting, wait and see.. Shocked

6Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 pm

PriyanDV

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
agree with u smalta! wel said

7Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Ladies and Gentlemen,

When someone analyses a share we can see whether there is any truth in what that person is saying with some valid base . If we do not see it we can ignore it. We do not have control of what other say.

As we are wise investors , we should do our own study before we buy a stock. Others can promote it , harp on it but they cannot force us. Before we buy we should know the reason we buy the share. If someone promotes so be it. But we take the final decision. It our money. I have made losses , I have made profits. When I made losses it was my fault as I did not study enough what I bought.

I do not know whether the names mentioned in the forum had ulterior motives. Maybe they did maybe did not but we are not sure are we. But the question is if we know and feel the share being promoted is not worth it , we don;t have to commit to it. We can even comments on the promoters post saying that we do not agree due to the reasons as mentioned. These promotions are happening in other facets of out life too. So it is not any different in the share market. Ultimately it is My Money, My Shares , My Profit my Loss.

Let us create a environment here open for firendly discussions. This is just my opinion..

8Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:16 am

Bollinger

Bollinger
Stock Trader
Yes it is really really sad how people can talk badly about a person after gaining from him/the site

If it was manipulation (I don't know if it was or wasn't), then we are the fools who listened. So we don't have to point fingers at others who helped but point fingers only at ourselves

9Stop blaming when others help Empty Re: Stop blaming when others help Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:37 pm

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
It's the new investors who suffer....I really don't think there is a blame game going on just analysing facts.....as for manipulators yes we will never know but they will know.

10Stop blaming when others help Empty 4 types of Forum users Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 pm

RockStock

There are basically 4 types of These forum users

Group1.Those who analyse stocks, their financial reports, forecast future developments and their valuations etc. They also constructively criticize other views and help us to gain huge knowledge on this game

Group 2.They do not do analysis, but just promote stocks, price barriers like parrots

Group 3. They don't post here anything but get information by reading others posts.

Group 4.They dont do any stock analysis, rather they don't know how to do it, but when others post some analysis they jump and critize them like hell calling manupulators etc etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum