* Cost of Living allowance for pensioners will be increased by Rs.500/-.
* Monthly allowance of minimum Rs 1500 will be paid to every public servant, of which Rs 750 will be paid as CoL allowance.
* A National Wage Policy is to be formed by a new wage commission.
* All persons above 65 years of age and have no permanent livelihood will receive a grant of Rs. 5000. Rs 300 million is to be allocated for this
* Tax on foreing liquor to be increased by 25%
* Revenue license fees charged for motor vehicles to be cinreased by 10-20%.
* President proposes to impose the nation building tax to supermarkets and high end businesses that have a revenue exceeding Rs 500 million per quarter.
* Government is planning to reduce the number of house maids and increase the number of skilled workers sent for foreign employment.
* Foreign employees who intend to build houses will receive a loan of Rs. 250,000 at an interest rate of 10 %.
* Rs 200 million is to be allocated for the well being of journalists and artistes.
* Rs 300 million is to be allocated for the ICT sector and the number of Nena Sala centers are to be increased.
* Allocations for the education sector has been increased by 15% and University lecturers' professional integrity will be improved and preserved, says President.
* Rs 306 billion is to be allocated to the education sector which will amount to 4.1% of the Gross Domestic Prodcution ( GDP).
* Differently abled people should gain equal access to public buildings and facilites should be given for them to operate tellar machines, says President.
* Rs.125 billion is to be allocated to improve health services in the country.
* Allocations to improve urban housing is to be increased by Rs 750 million.
* Direct contribution from the local contruction companies to foreign investments should be encouraged, says President.
* Permits are to be given to tap coconut trees to prodcue jaggery and other prodcuts.
* One litre of fresh milk is to be purchased at Rs 50 and higher taxes are to be maintained for imported milk powder.
* Rs. 2000 million is to be allocated to develop fishing harbours.
* Subsidies given to small tea holders for one hectacre is to be increased from Rs 300,000 to Rs. 350,000
* President says that subsidies given for plantation companies will only be granted for those companies which have improved the living standards of estate workers and for those who maintain the quality of their products.
* $ 5000 million is expected from the apparel sector as revenue.
* Rs. 60 million is to be allocated for the 2013 Deyata Kirula exhibition which will be held in the Polonnaruwa, Ampara and Trincomalee districts.
* Taxes are to be reduced for vehicles that are used for racing.
* Selling lands to foreigners for tourism purposes is to be banned.
* President proposes decreased taxes for all private investments.
* One Kg of rice is to be purchased at a rate between Rs 32-35 and Rs 40 for those farmers who use organic fertilizer.
* A 50 Kg fertilizer bag is proposed to be given at a rate of Rs 400.
* President proposes that Rs 1000 million should be allocated for the Ranaviru Seva Authority
Last edited by sriranga on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 5 times in total