FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stock Market Calendar

+121
piyalpy
dsam
sudheeee
Rapaport
nalaka_sg
ice4083
realstock
gamaya
dasdas1990
TheProfessional2013
ansar
Zaiban
Jana1
PGCR
NUINTH
mark
wellappili
Udith Fonseka
roshan1039
dhanurrox
pathfinder
bullrun
stocks hunter
chamith
yellow knife
Chinwi
glad
sandunj
acheboy_sit
lulu
celtic tiger
Humble
ddrperera
udeni
mdcpk1975
sisira.wijeweera
Richie
trader911
Bond
UKboy
raezor
sharekhan
Light of Hope
Gainer
monash
K&M
troy
LSE
kcrRanz
crytek.supun
Oracle797
Harry82
wiser
ccsentha
coolkane
cseguide
notme
kalum
mission
hariesha
balapas
freebird
nihal123
Aubrey Perera
seek
KDDND
suddera
taniya1111
worthiness
greedy007
CSE.SAS
Whitebull
Jana
Leon
SL.Market
Antonym
keeper
Universalgoal
Jiggysaurus
Jake Sully
NZ BOY
Fresher
The Alchemist
rainmaker
takefawaz
cruiserdude
WildBear
sahan8896
Arena
Malika1990
nirowat
salt
Sasanka De Silva
raptor
econ
Kumar
Redbulls
lokka1
VISA
Roboticfx
Gaja
sapumal
Kithsiri
SRIAS
Slstock
wappula
kas
kuk83
malanp
rmark
K.Haputantri
traderathome
Expert
D.G.Dayaratne
Backstage
smallville
stumpy
hunter
Jeremy
blackcats
sriranga
125 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 26]

326Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty 07-June-2013 Dividend Announcements - CFIN Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:16 pm

sriranga

Co-Admin

CENTRAL FINANCE COMPANY PLC
Company ID: -CFIN
Date of Announcement: - 07.June.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 1.20 per share / Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2012 / 2013
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 19.July.2013
XD: - 23.July.2013
Payment: - 31.July.2013
Share Transfer Book Open

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

327Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

So in total Rs. 2.90/=

328Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

RENU is starting to look better.

Gaja wrote:So in total Rs. 2.90/=

329Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:38 pm

UKboy

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:RENU is starting to look better.

CFIN dividends were much better before the share split. Not too sure why there are doing like this since then. I lost the interest on this counter for sometimes now.

330Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Slstock

You sure? Even before the 5:1 split+ Bonus , Div was around Rs 10 or less.

UKboy wrote:

CFIN dividends were much better before the share split. Not too sure why there are doing like this since then. I lost the interest on this counter for sometimes now.

331Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Gaja

Sls

Seems payout as a % of PAT is just little less than 10%, will the Renu overtake this time?

332Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:09 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Cfin11

333Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Bond

Manager - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:

CFIN directors have poor judgement. Used to invest big in TWOD..... one was also in top 20 until the latest accounts Razz

334Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:37 pm

UKboy

UKboy

slstock wrote:You sure? Even before the 5:1 split+ Bonus , Div was around Rs 10 or less.

SLS,
Those days their earning were not good as nowadays but dividend payout was pretty good. And also share price was trading at a better price (overall) . I had this counter for sometimes.
Rumours of Aloysius mudalai’s family buyings lead the share price to hit new heights those days.

This is one of very few companies in the market has shown continuous growth .

Don’t have any shares now but I think this counter will go up with any news of reducing their stake in NTB. Risk of a painful right issue is also very very low.

335Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Slstock

Slstock

I sold my shares at Rs 1500 if I recall during the pump.
The facts you said it true.

But I always though dividend payout was roughly 10% out of earning.

UKboy wrote:
slstock wrote:You sure? Even before the 5:1 split+ Bonus , Div was around Rs 10 or less.

SLS,
Those days their earning were not good as nowadays but dividend payout was pretty good. And also share price was trading at a better price (overall) . I had this counter for sometimes.
Rumours of Aloysius mudalai’s family buyings lead the share price to hit new heights those days.

This is one of very few companies in the market has shown continuous growth .

Don’t have any shares now but I think this counter will go up with any news of reducing their stake in NTB. Risk of a painful right issue is also very very low.

336Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:16 pm

trader911

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

this is like comparing apples with nelli,cfin is the king of all shares with 3bn net income for 2013 who cares abt divident ,there balance sheet is phenomenal and no exposure to gold like lfin or alli one of the few share if not only share with year on year growth for past 10years...

337Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Slstock

Slstock

We are talking about Divided yields. We critized RENU for lower payouts with cash balances.

Not comparing CFIN to RENU as they are in different sector.

trader911 wrote:this is like comparing apples with nelli,cfin is the king of all shares with 3bn net income for 2013 who cares abt divident ,there balance sheet is phenomenal and no exposure to gold like lfin or alli one of the few share if not only share with year on year growth for past 10years...

338Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Cfin310

339Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Richie

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Useless as always, they never look after minority share holders, someone pl enlighten and check ,they must be paying deemed dividend tax instead without declaring minimum amount.

340Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Gaja

Richie wrote:Useless as always, they never look after minority share holders, someone pl enlighten and check ,they must be paying deemed dividend tax instead without declaring minimum amount.

Friend i couldn't stop laughing when i see the deemed dividend tax, because in a forum at a time of an particular IPO one company representative told that they will declare at least 25% dividend to avoid the deemed dividend tax.

Well coming to the point i don't think they will be paying about the deemed dividend tax, because they are paying 10% payout of the PAT ( here i know the tax included deferred tax as well) and i hope the increase in the PPA also will put them under safe area

http://www.ird.gov.lk/publications/Acts/IR/IRAct%20No.%2022(E)2011.pdf - Page 21 & 22

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC
Company ID: - PLC
Date of Announcement: - 11.Jun.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.50 per share / Final Dividend
Dates to be notified

Last edited by sriranga on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

342Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:48 pm

balapas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

So they finally announced it. However could not keep up with the last dividend of RS 0.75

343Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:58 pm

raptor

I spoke to the CEO today, the delay was due to new CB rules. They had to go to their Audit committee, then to the board, then to the CB and then back to the board to get approval for dividend payments. Its the same for all leasing companies. Thats why there was a delay. A dividen of 1.25 is great, at my all in cost its about a 14% yield which is fabulous.

344Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 pm

sisira.wijeweera

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

raptor wrote:I spoke to the CEO today, the delay was due to new CB rules. They had to go to their Audit committee, then to the board, then to the CB and then back to the board to get approval for dividend payments. Its the same for all leasing companies. Thats why there was a delay. A dividen of 1.25 is great, at my all in cost its about a 14% yield which is fabulous.

Plc price up tomorow 15.50

345Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:07 pm

KDDND

KDDND

I am happy about PLC holders.... but for some time later....
some predicted that it will be 0.75 or so based on reliable..... bla bla..

Smile

346Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Fresher

KDDND wrote:I am happy about PLC holders.... but for some time later....

Smile

yet, there was an interim to that extent. Total dividend is more than satisfactory

347Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:35 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

It's ok.
Dividend is not bad

348Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 am

raptor

KDDND did you invest on that basis? Of a 75c dividend? Poor you if you did on information you received on this forum. There is no such Thing as a free lunch.....

349Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:03 am

Slstock

Slstock

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t27504-plc-dividend-coming-soon#160460

Smile

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

COLONIAL MOTORS PLC
Company ID: - COLO
Date of Announcement: - 12.Jun.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 3.00 per share / First & Final Dividend
Dates to be notified

SIGIRIYA VILLAGE HOTELS PLC
Company ID: - SIGV
Date of Announcement: - 12.Jun.2013
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 2.00 per share / First & Final Dividend
Dates to be notified

351Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 am

KDDND

KDDND

raptor wrote:KDDND did you invest on that basis? Of a 75c dividend? Poor you if you did on information you received on this forum. There is no such Thing as a free lunch.....

Thx for your comment....
My investment was not purely on dividend basis.....
but i remember one in this forum said with considerable strong recommendation of some level dividend..... i just wanted to remind it...there is difference! thats it!
[* I didn't invest based on that recommendation too]

But it was in my mind in addition to dividend.. there may be a good chance of capital gains.... but i met only a part of it!
& I am happy! Smile
& I am yet learning this subject & deals from few different resources... getting better Smile
there are gains.. neutral & loses...

Thx Raptor.. for your thinking, interest, advice & support..! Smile

352Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 am

balapas

Wow the person who said about the Rs0.75 dividend appears to have got amnesia and goes on the defensive. So KDDND dont rely on information given by these type of people.

353Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

KDDND

KDDND

slstock wrote:http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t27504-plc-dividend-coming-soon#160460

Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thxxxxxxxxxxxxx SLSTOCK!

Thx for helping to remind the history....!
yess this what i clink...
This is what I too remember & set my post..... in this post it said with bit weighted for 0.75cent dividend on PLC.....

Thx for u & them too!
lets fly in our level with the wind that we may have & which may to come on our way...Smile

354Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:02 pm

KDDND

KDDND

balapas wrote:Wow the person who said about the Rs0.75 dividend appears to have got amnesia and goes on the defensive. So KDDND dont rely on information given by these type of people.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thx balapas....
Its not I or u or slstock.....did it or said it.......
now its like little bit uncomfortable....

But as we all ... as human ... always ready to accept genuine mistakes of any one/anybody... if he/she is also understand the mistake.....
We can do our parts ... of with heart fully nice thoughts & looking for better future.... for all..
we got to expect the other parts contribution.. comprising... cooperation.... we can request this... but can't beg it.. it is not good for all parties...!
lets fly & enjoy!
Thx

355Stock Market Calendar - Page 14 Empty Re: Stock Market Calendar Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm

raptor

Yes don't listen to anything I say, I did say I do have a large PLC holding so there was a disclaimer. You can take the information I posted or not.

I also posted this after the post that is being quoted here, specifically clarifying it would be a minimum of 50 maybe 75c.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t28537-people-s-leasing-finance-plcplcn0000?highlight=Leasing

Please read everything before you comment. I really don't care about whether people invest based on what I say. My portfolio is exclusively by and hold and not speculative junk that dominates this forum. Honestly if anyone invests based on the junk posted in this forum, with most people promoting junk that they have bought and cannot sell you deserve to get burnt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum