FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC (HEXP.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 2:32 am

» ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC (AMF.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by EPS Yesterday at 9:11 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today - 22/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» TOP 20 LISTED COMPANIES BY FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions update
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 8:30 pm

» RWSL for short term profits
by madukp Yesterday at 5:17 pm

» YORK has a potential to go double ...
by Vasyan Yesterday at 5:07 pm

» United motors limited UML
by smnsam Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» dividend counters
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 12:43 pm

» HAYCARB PLC (HAYC.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:33 am

» World-famous angel investor Conny enters Sri Lanka
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:00 am

» SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE PLC (SFL.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 9:47 am

» ADAM CAPITAL PLC (PCHH.N0000)
by GayanKK Yesterday at 9:46 am

» New Commodity bubble. How will it impact the CSE?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:53 am

» MELSTACORP PLC (MELS.N0000)
by engineer Yesterday at 7:29 am

» R I L PROPERTY PLC (RIL.N0000)
by SAGA Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 pm

» Dividend - July/August
by High-flyer Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:41 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » Sri Lanka’s luxury city hotel rebrands itself as “The Kingsbury”

Sri Lanka’s luxury city hotel rebrands itself as “The Kingsbury”

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Sri Lanka’s star rated Ceylon Continental Hotel has been re-branded as “The Kingsbury”.

The hotel, situated in the center of the Colombo capital and operates as a luxury city hotel is owned by the Hotel Services (Ceylon) PLC.

It is currently undergoing a major refurbishment program to upgrade the facility to suit the modern standards, with an investment of Rs. 1.8 billion.

The listed Hotel Services (Ceylon) PLC is an arm of the Hayleys group, a diversified conglomerate.

Meanwhile, Hotel Services also has brought in a new CEO to take charge of the company, with effect from 4th December 2012.

The new CEO, Otto Stohl is a 33 year industry veteran, having worked for luxury five star hotels such as Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance, Marriot International and Hilton as the General Manager.
http://www.news360.lk/tourism/news-sri-lanka%E2%80%99s-05-12-2012-luxury-city-hotel-rebrands-itself-as-%E2%80%9Cthe-kingsbury%E2%80%9D-8890761

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Thanks for the news redbull.
About 60% of my investment PF contains SERV shares.
Their NAV should go up once do the revaluation. All new projects around this hotel should give additional benifits to this hotel in years to come.
I have not seen many topics regarding this counter in the forum yet.

Monster

Monster
Fire at Kingsbury Hotel
http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/25077-fire-at-kingsbury-hotel.html

UKboy

UKboy
@Monster wrote:Fire at Kingsbury Hotel

Thanks for the info monster.

I straightaway called the hotel.. as the receptionist told there's no harm at the hotel premises.
Pheww...!!! Cool

Slstock

Slstock
Yes, happy that no harm is done. If there was fire I would not want to hold large quantities.

( though we talked about it , I have not got into this share yet)

@UKboy wrote:
@Monster wrote:Fire at Kingsbury Hotel

Thanks for the info monster.

I straightaway called the hotel.. as the receptionist told there's no harm at the hotel premises.
Pheww.. What a release..!!! Cool

Monster

Monster
I worried when I heard the news in daily mirror. But finally happy to know that, there is no damage to the hotel. I have invested in this hotel, which was refurbished and resumed it's operation recently.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Some temporary huts used as construction worker quarters got burnt. Nothing happened to any hotel.

@UkBoy wrote:I have not seen many topics regarding this counter in the forum yet.

Yes. Not only SERV and CSD I think ETWO may also get into a new value with the development of this area.

My position : Hold

UKboy

UKboy
We can expect better performances in quarter 4. However I’m still expecting another loss in Q4. However it should be less than the Q3 losses.

This count may not be suitable for someone who’s looking to book profits quickly (Unless you are a highly skilful).

Share price should rise alone with the projects around this area. But still it’s a bit early. Planning to buy if it drops below 13. I cannot see they will go for a right issue anytime soon (This year).

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/543_1360055271652.pdf

Slstock

Slstock
Are you still holding your original for long term or did you dispose around Rs 17?

One reason I did not enter this after our discussion was due to lack of funds + the dec quarter loss issue. Like you said I think 4th quarter should show big improvement but their finance costs are a worry.

Long term I think this is one of the cheapest/attractive star class city hotels trading at CSE.

@UKboy wrote:We can expect better performances in quarter 4. However I’m still expecting another loss in Q4. However it should be less than the Q3 losses.

This count may not be suitable for someone who’s looking to book profits quickly (Unless you are a highly skilful).

Share price should rise alone with the projects around this area. But still it’s a bit early. Planning to buy if it drops below 13. I cannot see they will go for a right issue anytime soon (This year).

UKboy

UKboy
Hi slstock,
Nope. I did not sell much. It’s about 20% out of my stake.
Agree. Lack of funds is an issue and more importantly the pay back terms of their loan is still unclear. Looking forward to see the next annual report.

Gaja

@UKboy wrote:Hi slstock,
Nope. I did not sell much. It’s about 20% out of my stake.
Agree. Lack of funds is an issue and more importantly the pay back terms of their loan is still unclear. Looking forward to see the next annual report.

Am also looking forward the annual report to get more idea or detail break up of their financing terms before making big investment decisions on this share

UKboy

UKboy
@UKboy wrote:We can expect better performances in quarter 4. However I’m still expecting another loss in Q4. However it should be less than the Q3 losses.

It's better to monitor the price again. SERV is slowly coming back to the attractive prices again.(more suitable for investors).

balapas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Yes true. I wonder why people go behind hotel shares like CITK where there is still an empty land while there is a hotel like this which is almost done with refurbishing.

balapas

@UKboy wrote:

It's better to monitor the price again. SERV is slowly coming back to the attractive prices again.(more suitable for investors).

SERV has gone up 30% from Mid March.

UKboy

UKboy
Good results from Kingsbury. Whoever bought this soon after the right issue must be sitting on a 30-40% profits.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/543_1383557624.pdf

We can consider SERV as the 4th largest city hotel in terms of revenue. Hope they can outplace Cinnamon lake as the top 3 hotel in the city soon.
This is the most modern hotel out of top 4.

Heavyweight Hilton will be closed after the CHOGM. SERV will clearly have a positive impact from that.

Looks like they have secured the $10 million loan from German institute. It was mentioned on AR. This should be on a lower inter interest rate. However the rate is still unclear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum