FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

PABC way to take off....... Vote_lcap68%PABC way to take off....... Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
PABC way to take off....... Vote_lcap18%PABC way to take off....... Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
PABC way to take off....... Vote_lcap13%PABC way to take off....... Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL.N0000)
by C.THARANGA Today at 12:38 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Captain Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» EXPO/BILL/LOLC
by Stockbull Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» EDEN HOTEL LANKA PLC (EDEN.N0000)
by Stockbull Yesterday at 2:06 pm

» The fate of NIFL .. CLC .. LOFC under LOCH
by svkiruba8@gmail.com Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by svkiruba8@gmail.com Yesterday at 1:36 pm

» Bitcoin could trigger financial meltdown, warns Bank of England deputy
by Sunimal Yesterday at 10:21 am

» VFIN super performance
by chandike73 Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:03 pm

» Today is the Best - Day to buy CLC ..!
by Sapudev Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:45 pm

» Thoughts on SINS
by Bakka1988 Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:52 pm

» LGL.N_UPDATES
by thananjey Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 pm

» Rubber prices hit 4-month high; here are key driving factors
by ResearchMan Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:13 pm

» Lubricant oil Prices increases for third time.. Keep eye on Industry
by rukshan1234 Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:40 pm

» Bad news, bulls: Bank of America sees stocks flatlining through 2022
by ResearchMan Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:28 pm

» Dusit Thani Sri Lanka project halted?
by js71 Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:59 pm

» China-US freight rates plunge
by ResearchMan Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:16 pm

» Europe Gas: Prices fall as drop in coal markets offsets higher demand
by ResearchMan Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 pm

» Maharaja after long time
by Wickyz Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:59 am

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by Wickyz Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:50 am

» LOLC gets balance $ 225 m from Cambodia PRASAC stake sale
by stockchaser Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:45 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » PABC way to take off.......

PABC way to take off.......

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PABC way to take off....... Empty PABC way to take off....... Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am

coolkane

Manager - Equity Analytics
I heard that PABC deal might going to happen in end of this year.Thzts why some collections are there.what do you think guys..

2PABC way to take off....... Empty Re: PABC way to take off....... Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 pm

gamaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
What collection? If you would care to check one of their prominent director is on the selling side on the last 3 months.

And they have to meet central bank capital requirements in years to come. So a rights issue is a possibility.

Just remember when a stocks price does not go up, there is usually a good reason for that.

3PABC way to take off....... Empty Re: PABC way to take off....... Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 am

Fresher

@gamaya wrote:What collection? If you would care to check one of their prominent director is on the selling side on the last 3 months.

And they have to meet central bank capital requirements in years to come. So a rights issue is a possibility.

Just remember when a stocks price does not go up, there is usually a good reason for that.

Capital requirements met after the debenture issue long time ago. So, I can't see a reason why they will go for a rights issue. Further they also paid a 1/- dividend.

As for the dealing of directors, I'm clueless. He has only a small amount of NET sales compares to shareholding from last year, but I can't figure out the reason for the frequent trades, mostly day trades at a loss. Maybe to show an increase in volumes? (and to benefit a stockbroker?)

4PABC way to take off....... Empty Re: PABC way to take off....... Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:22 pm

gamaya

On Sept 11 Nimal perera has disposed 3.6 million shares. That was the biggest transaction in past 3 months.

The Central requires licensed commercial banks to have capital reserves of Rs. 5 bn by 31 December 2015. This is supposed to be core capital. Not tier 2 capital raised by debentures as I understand.

May be they could acheive this with profits. But the above transaction creates doubts in my mind, specially nowing the ethical way minor shareholders are dealt with in CSE.

5PABC way to take off....... Empty Re: PABC way to take off....... Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Fresher

@gamaya wrote:On Sept 11 Nimal perera has disposed 3.6 million shares. That was the biggest transaction in past 3 months.

The Central requires licensed commercial banks to have capital reserves of Rs. 5 bn by 31 December 2015. This is supposed to be core capital. Not tier 2 capital raised by debentures as I understand.

May be they could acheive this with profits. But the above transaction creates doubts in my mind, specially nowing the ethical way minor shareholders are dealt with in CSE.

I'm sorry for my ignorant post. Yes, the absolute requirements are still there. I totally forgot about that.
Anyway, I don't think it has to be done soon since I feel they can meet the 4bn mark next year with profits.
What confuses me is that they continue to pay a decent dividend which is a distribution of approx 300mn.

Futher I would like to know, doesn't the 15% shareholding limit apply to PABC? The top shareholder holds 30%

6PABC way to take off....... Empty Re: PABC way to take off....... Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am

coolkane

guys im talking abut dhammika has to reduce his holding to 10% and he has to dispose some qty(from 29%).this will be going to happen around 25-30 as what i heard.

7PABC way to take off....... Empty Re: PABC way to take off....... Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm

gamaya

npp, Thats perfectly ok pal. Its just that, survival is hard these days for small guys.

However this bank may be able to acheive the set targets with profits.. And also remember what Seyb did? I was also badly burned by that.

8PABC way to take off....... Empty Re: PABC way to take off....... Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@gamaya wrote: And also remember what Seyb did? I was also badly burned by that.

Yes we do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum