FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Today at 7:01 pm

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION PLC (KOTA.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Today at 5:58 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by Sunimal Today at 2:18 pm

» Construction activities records fastest growth in five years
by samaritan Today at 3:56 pm

» Leisure sector- KHL vs Eden
by samaritan Today at 3:44 pm

» Port City - Sri Lanka's Economic Trajectory
by samaritan Today at 2:34 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by cwij5252 Today at 10:19 am

» Maharaja after long time
by Maharaja Today at 10:15 am

» Watch SPEN
by Tissa Today at 7:10 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by cseguide Yesterday at 10:06 pm

» Top Crossing Today
by SAGA Yesterday at 3:19 pm

» AGST is Next KOTA
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 2:23 pm

» LATEST: Join FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Discord
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 1:27 pm

» Try to Avoid Getting Sucked into Any Panic Modes While Looking for Opportunities. Stock market for beginners
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 10:51 am

» Top Foreign Trading today
by D.G.Dayaratne Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:29 pm

» Evergrande agrees deal to avoid default on key bond: Company
by RajapaksaDON Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:27 pm

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Rational Investor Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:35 pm

» CABO -- “ The Investment Company ” under Land & Building Sector
by samaritan Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:45 am

» LOFC lofc
by stockchaser Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » Some directors in finance companies clueless about investments

Some directors in finance companies clueless about investments

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
By Ranvijith ( Via email)
Letter

A few days ago I met a director of a financial institution whom I learnt in the conversation lacks enough experience. After a discussion with him, I am extremely worried about the retirement monies I have invested in the institution. Unlike any other institution financial institutions have a special responsibility towards the public to protect public money. In most banks public deposits are over 90 per cent of capital employed so is the case in insurance companies. State banks for example have made a lot of money without any capital infusion from the government.

Financial institutions make large profits using public deposits and premiums more than shareholder money. So when boards appoint directors to take care of public money/premiums they need to appoint experienced people who have an idea of banking and what doing business is. The recent appointment of shareholders’ relatives and children who have no clue of their responsibilities or what banking responsibility entails is dangerous and can be disastrous for the public. My guess is like the director I talked to they would be agreeing to everything due to lack of experience and understanding of what banking or insurance business is and my guess is a clever CEO would very easily run through them and get approval for their pet projects.

The Central Bank should give guidance to financial institutions running on public deposits/premiums about appointments to ensure public money is not at risk. If powerful shareholders wish to appoint their friends, relatives and friends children who are just out of the cradle or even senile they can do so in their private companies and I would not care if they run them down and ruin their businesses.

Not the banks, insurance and finance houses. Please wake up Mr. Regulator, financial institutions boards should not be a place to give jobs to the girls and boys of the shareholders (this applies to both private and public shareholders).
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/121216/business-times/some-directors-in-finance-companies-clueless-about-investments-24188.html

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is a general problem of this country It has become part of our management culture
We give priority to personal relationships and personal gains more than efficiency and integrity and Educational and
professional Qualifications

Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typing mistake)

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:This is a general problem of this country It has become part of our management culture
We give priority to personal relationships and personal gains more than efficiency and integrity and Educational and
professional Qualifications

Nothing to worry; Look at politics.. The ruling family... This is what we call Wonder of Asia...

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum