FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mohan Peiris sworn in as new chief justice

+10
kas
smallville
wiki
SL.Market
sureshot
Whitebull
UKboy
Kithsiri
Hanoifortune
Malika1990
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:But what matter most is why government did want to get rid of her? Was it only because of her unethical behaviour? Or was it because of the drama behind Divinaguma? If she had said Yes to divinaguma, things would have been so different.
I do not know whether her dicision on divinaguma is constitutional or not.But we all know this provincial councils are white elephant which was forcibly put on us by former Indian Prime-minister.There is no point of giving further strength to provincial council on any matter.

UKboy wrote:If someone can investigates what happened to Tsunami funds then surely former CJ’s (so called unethical) actions were just peanuts.
On the otherhand තමන්ගේ කිල්ලෝටයෙත් හුණු ඩිංගක් හරි තියෙන විත්තිය දන්නවනම් that person should know how to act if that person wants to keep her states.(Anyone can not say my peanut is smaller than ur any other nut so that I should not be punished before you.) Wink

UKboy wrote:Government 100% correctly followed the constitution to get rid of former CJ. That's not the point we all are making.
I do not know what you have meant by the word WE as almost all the supporters of her cry about procedure but not about the accusations.

Kithsiri

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

kas wrote: CJ has ultimate powers to control judges
Can you enlighten us all about this Please?

Also don't you see where the ultimate power is here and majority of the members of the select committee members were "Boot licker" of the ultimate power.

The power wants to see her back for obvious reasons.

Can we expect a fair decision from them either then?

UKboy

Whitebull wrote:
UKboy wrote:If someone can investigates what happened to Tsunami funds then surely former CJ’s (so called unethical) actions were just peanuts.
On the otherhand තමන්ගේ කිල්ලෝටයෙත් හුණු ඩිංගක් හරි තියෙන විත්තිය දන්නවනම් that person should know how to act if that person wants to keep her states.(Anyone can not say my peanut is smaller than ur any other nut so that I should not be punished before you.) Wink
Then the majority of the MPs should be punished n send home? Do you still think because of her accusations, this government decided to get rid of her? Hell noooo.
I would be an extremely proud Sri Lankan if it really happened in that way.
Whitebull wrote:
UKboy wrote:Government 100% correctly followed the constitution to get rid of former CJ. That's not the point we all are making.
I do not know what you have meant by the word WE as almost all the supporters of her cry about procedure but not about the accusations.
As you recognise many supporter of her believe that the government breeched the rules in the constitution to remove her but I don’t think so.
Sadly some critics of her strongly believe that because of her accusations, she was impeached.

Of course this government did liberate the country but just sake of that I’m not too sure we have to say Yes to things like this impeachment as well as expropriation law.

D.G.Dayaratne

I do not know why some people can not understand the simple English written in the Constitution.I have mentioned almost all the relevant articles from the Constitution in another thread. An average intelligent person can understand whether this committee is legal or not.( WHITEBULL}

Interpretation of constitution and various Act of parliament is an accepted practice in any democratic System.If is not a problem of English or any other Language

How Mr Sarath Siva interpret written Law and gave judgement in various
instances I think written law is very clear about MPP who act against
party detectives.Bur Mr Sarath Silva has given different interpretation andAll accepted

Anyway our friend has selected suitable name to identify himself !

nimantha80

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:I do not know why some people can not understand the simple English written in the Constitution.I have mentioned almost all the relevant articles from the Constitution in another thread. An average intelligent person can understand whether this committee is legal or not.( WHITEBULL}

Interpretation of constitution and various Act of parliament is an accepted practice in any democratic System.If is not a problem of English or any other Language

party detectives.Bur Mr Sarath Silva has given different interpretation andAll accepted

Save your words friend.Useless arguing with these " bath kana harak". What this guy do here is " denawa nokiya dena eka".

Malika1990

Malika1990

nimantha80 wrote:
D.G.Dayaratne wrote:I do not know why some people can not understand the simple English written in the Constitution.I have mentioned almost all the relevant articles from the Constitution in another thread. An average intelligent person can understand whether this committee is legal or not.( WHITEBULL}

Save your words friend.Useless arguing with these " bath kana harak". What this guy do here is " denawa nokiya dena eka".
Very Happy
Who is the බත් කන හරක් ? Time will prove it in future. This committee seems to be legal according to our constitution but way of removing former CJ was not ethical and all people know what was the immediate reason for this impeachment. If the government has fair and square objective to clean our country from bribery and corruptions it should start from Parliament.

Last edited by Malika1990 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Whitebull

nimantha80 wrote:

Ayi Malli ochchara kipenne....mama oyaata monawath kiyuwe nahane.....onna oyaa oyage wasikiliyeyi public forum ekakayi wenasa dannei naha kiyalaawath mama kiyuwanam ohoma kipena eka tikak hari saadaaranai...eth mama ehema kiyuweth nahanei....eka hinda dhanwath wadhagath widiyata liyanna kiyanna purudhu wennako....
ඇයි මල්ලි ඔච්චර කිපෙන්නේ......මම ඔයාට මොනවත් කියුවේ නැහැ නේ.....ඔන්න ඔයා ඔයාගේ වැසිකිලියෙයි, public forum එකකයි වෙනස දන්නේ නැහැ කියලවත් මම කියුවනම් ඔහොම කිපෙන එක ටිකක්වත් සාධාරණයි.....ඒත් මම එහෙම කියුවෙත් නැහැනේ....ඒක හින්දා දැන්වත් වැදගත් විදියට ලියන්න කියන්න පුරුදු වෙන්නකො.....

Whitebull

UKboy wrote:Then the majority of the MPs should be punished n send home? Do you still think because of her accusations, this government decided to get rid of her? Hell noooo.
No UKboy....I do not think that she was sacked because of her accusations because then she should have been sacked long before but the irony is people who asked to sack her then, now crying not to sack her.Anyway I personally beleave that atleast some of the accusations are pretty straight forward like Golden Key accusation, her husbands involvement in that controversial deal.
I am also 100% sure most of the MPs carry more serious accusations than her.But it does not justify her accusations.And also we all know most of the politicians are realy corrupted and we also do not expect much from them.But Person who is at the top chair of the Judicial System should not be a corrupted egostic person and people expect better character from such a person.Otherwise people would loose the faith on entire Judiciary System.And to worsen the matter Politicians are judged by the public every six yearly or less.(It is another question whether public use that oppurtunity in wise manner or not.) And regarding Judges we do not get such an oppurtunity not even to Judge but even to constructively critisize their decision as it might lead to contempt to the court.
And also althought the decision given to divinaguma may be the immediate cause for the impeachment there had been growing tention among CJ and the government.First the Z-Score problem,then she refused the President's request to make an speech on budget,then comes the divinaguma bill and her decision on that bill gave unnecessary strength to a white elephant-the provincial council.And do you expect any prudent government to keep person who goes againts the government egosticly at the top chair of the Judiciary System and there should not be such a growing tention among these three bodies,the executive,the parliament and the judiciary as ultimately it would badly affect the countries development.
And to worsen the matter, with introduction of the impeachment she reacted like කැත්තට පොල්ල and all the sinister forces against our country made good alliance with her as a result of which this turned out be a battle between patriotic Sri Lankans and sinister forces againt our country without giving much options to choose in between.So that when the matter came to such a level the government had no option expect to proceed with the impeachment.

UKboy wrote:I would be an extremely proud Sri Lankan if it really happened in that way.
My friend if you wait that to happen to be a proud Sri Lankan I do not think you might get a chance in this life time Wink

UKboy wrote:Of course this government did liberate the country but just sake of that I’m not too sure we have to say Yes to things like this impeachment as well as expropriation law.
Yes friend we should not say Yes to everything eventhough this government did liberate country.But let me explain this matter furthur,
Let's say that this government is not act prudently now.Then what option do we have ?
1.Sack this government and make a new government.
2.Try to correct this government with constructive criticism.
3.Make alliance with the government and make personal benefits without thinking about the country.:-
Eventhough I mentioned as an option I do not discuss this as an option but if truly speaking that is what the most doing.
If we select the first option we should have a better option.Do we have a better option ? According to the most of the public as well as me we do not have a better option.Therefore only option we left with is option No.2.So we should constructively critisize the government but when it comes to the critical matter like this impeachment we should try to protect this government.It might lead to mudslings and insulting towards us but if our intention is good there is no need to think about it much.

kas

kas
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Kithsiri wrote:
kas wrote: CJ has ultimate powers to control judges
Can you enlighten us all about this Please?

Also don't you see where the ultimate power is here and majority of the members of the select committee members were "Boot licker" of the ultimate power.

The power wants to see her back for obvious reasons.

Can we expect a fair decision from them either then?

Sorry for the late reply friend, first of all I will say that I'm not an expert on legal sector,I form my opinion based on the newspaper articles and materials freely available on Internet.

Sri Lankan Judicial System is mainly controlled by three parties.

1.President of the country- Has the power to appoint, remove CJ & other Judges. However to remove the CJ or a Supreme court judge HE needs to go through the impeachment process,but for high court judges this can be done with the recommendation of Judiciary Service Commission.

2.Parliament- Place where laws are created, also has the power to processes impeachments against CJ & supreme court judges.

3.Judiciary Service Commission - A commission where CJ is the chairperson which has the power to execute the following

Powers of the Commission

111H. (1) The Judicial Service Commission is hereby vested with the power to -

(a) Transfer judges of the High court:

(b) appoint, promote, transfer, exercise disciplinary control and dismiss
judicial officers and scheduled public officers.

(2) The Commission may make-

(a) rules regarding training of judges of the High Court, the schemes for
recruitment and training, appointment, promotion and transfer of judicial
offices and scheduled public officers;

(b) provision for such matters as are necessary of expedient for the exercise,
performance and discharge of the powers, duties and functions of the
commission.

(3) The Chairman of the Commission or any Judge of the Supreme Court or Judge
of the Court of Appeal as the case may be, authorized by the Commission shall have power
and authority to inspect any Court of First Instance, or the records, registers and other
documents maintained in such Court, or hold such inquiry as may be necessary

(4) The Commission may by Order published in the Gazette delegate to the
Secretary to the Commission the power to make transfers in respect of scheduled public
officers, other than transfers involving increase of salary, or to make acting appointments in
such cases and subject to such limitations as may be specified in the Order.[/justify]

http://www.jsc.gov.lk/pdf/Constitution_JCSC.pdf
http://www.priu.gov.lk/Cons/1978Constitution/Chapter_15_Amd.html

Kithsiri wrote: Can we expect a fair decision from them either then?

Answer is we cant, that's why i told in my comment governments are corrupted by default in countries like ours. However the judiciary system was able to keep their value and status until this incident happened, but due to this incident they have also fallen in to the level of politicians which is bad to the country that's the most worrying part for me.

One more thing, constitution is like a vehicle where HE,MPs, and the Judiciary can drive towards the betterment or for the destruction of the country, impeachment process is a fine vehicle in our constitutions as per my opinion, no need for big changes only problem is with the drivers of the vehicle (HE,MPs, and the Judiciary). Ultimately we, the mass majority are the "බත් කන හරක් " who selects the crazy drivers from time to time Laughing

D.G.Dayaratne

"You’ve probably seen the headlines expressing our Government’s concern over the impeachment of Chief Justice Shirani Bandaranayake. Actions that undermine an independent judiciary in Sri Lanka may also undermine Sri Lanka’s ability to attract foreign investment. It’s no secret that foreign investors assess the state of rule of law in a country as a factor when making investment decisions. "
Speech made American Ambassadress at Matara

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

But what matter most is why government did want to get rid of her? Was it only because of her unethical behaviour? Or was it because of the drama behind Divinaguma? If she had said Yes to divinaguma, things would have been so different.

If someone can investigates what happened to Tsunami funds then surely former CJ’s (so called unethical) actions were just peanuts.
U received a good comment for the latter part I believe Wink

Well apparently the crimes committed at a higher magnitude which is a concern to the common person doesn't matter but what matters most to the govt gets prominent attention in SL. Ppl say govt. followed the correct procedure but then Judiciary pros say the felonies are false accusations..

To me, this verdict has the same impact as what happened to S.F. The only difference is, CJ is home today but S.F was imprisoned. And I do not understand whether a fair chance was given to the accused.

Oh yeah.. majority in the parliament are corrupted so we cant expect anything from them despite the parliament said to be ahead of judiciary system in SL but the head of the judiciary system should always come clean...

Hmmm.. I must learn to think like a pro patriot. Wink

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:

But what matter most is why government did want to get rid of her? Was it only because of her unethical behaviour? Or was it because of the drama behind Divinaguma? If she had said Yes to divinaguma, things would have been so different.

If someone can investigates what happened to Tsunami funds then surely former CJ’s (so called unethical) actions were just peanuts.

Well apparently the crimes committed at a higher magnitude which is a concern to the common person doesn't matter but what matters most to the govt gets prominent attention in SL. Ppl say govt. followed the correct procedure but then Judiciary pros say the felonies are false accusations..

To me, this verdict has the same impact as what happened to S.F. The only difference is, CJ is home today but S.F was imprisoned. And I do not understand whether a fair chance was given to the accused.

Oh yeah.. majority in the parliament are corrupted so we cant expect anything from them despite the parliament said to be ahead of judiciary system in SL but the head of the judiciary system should always come clean...

I do not think so.
Most of us thinking inside the box even in trading also.
Come out of the box and have a broader view.

smallville

smallville

Redbulls wrote:
smallville wrote:

I do not think so.

Take the last part as Irony Twisted Evil

Whitebull

Redbulls wrote:
smallville wrote:

I do not think so.
What would be the broader view ?

smallville

smallville

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

D.G.Dayaratne

Broder view means Sad

bullrun

bullrun