FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sudden Interest on Bank Sector

+4
indi009
Slstock
Chinwi
stockmania
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm

stockmania

stockmania
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Looks like bank secttor shares booming.. Any Special Reason ? affraid

NTB, SAMP, COMB all looks like moving up..

2Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Just to note one factor,

The Govt. imposed lending restrictions last year. No loans means no profit growth for the banks.
They lifted it recently and the talk among the banking crown was: 2013 will become a good year for banks, profit wise , compared to 2012.

In addition, prices are too low to keep them at current levels. Somehow, big players are in action. Most of the retailers can do nothing but watching. Some people have already sold the "sochchama" they had at low levels.

Not only banks, some other financial institutes such as CSEC, CFVF may rise IF they have done their job perfectly during the 2 year bearish period to reap profits in 2013. I am holding both, have no clues yet.

3Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

If CFVF had done their job , will certainly can be future big dividend player ( to make up after the financial fraud)

Chinwi wrote:Just to note one factor,

The Govt. imposed lending restrictions last year. No loans means no profit growth for the banks.
They lifted it recently and the talk among the banking crown was: 2013 will become a good year for banks, profit wise , compared to 2012.

In addition, prices are too low to keep them at current levels. Somehow, big players are in action. Most of the retailers can do nothing but watching. Some people have already sold the "sochchama" they had at low levels.

Not only banks, some other financial institutes such as CSEC, CFVF may rise IF they have done their job perfectly during the 2 year bearish period to reap profits in 2013. I am holding both, have no clues yet.

4Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:52 pm

indi009

indi009
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

so what you all are saying is, (slstock and chinwi) soon there will be a banks run followed by other financial companies???? Very Happy
just wanted to clarify myself isn't companies like LVEN SFIN AAF are better compared with CFVF. I mean those companies have done well and no frauds as well.

quote="slstock"]If CFVF had done their job , will certainly can be future big dividend player ( to make up after the financial fraud)

[/quote]

5Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm

WildBear

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

indi009 wrote:so what you all are saying is, (slstock and chinwi) soon there will be a banks run followed by other financial companies???? Very Happy
just wanted to clarify myself isn't companies like LVEN SFIN AAF are better compared with CFVF. I mean those companies have done well and no frauds as well.

quote="slstock"]If CFVF had done their job , will certainly can be future big dividend player ( to make up after the financial fraud)

[/quote]

CFVF's Core Business is bond trading, If they have bought bonds with higher yields during high interest period, coming year or two is the time for them to reap benefit if interest rates go down further. I can remember their performance in 2010. I feel a deja vu from CFVF. For this reason I also love to buy some high yielding debentures like SEYB, Commercial Credit, etc. Debt instruments are going to be tradable very soon in CSE probably within this month. So I can follow the Business model of CFVF in addition to owning them. Laughing

6Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:07 pm

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Very poor attraction on SFIN is questionable. Are there any specific financial liabilities or litigation that to be shown in forthcoming financial reports?

7Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

Wildbear wrote:CFVF's Core Business is bond trading, If they have bought bonds with higher yields during high interest period, coming year or two is the time for them to reap benefit if interest rates go down further. I can remember their performance in 2010. I feel a deja vu from CFVF. For this reason I also love to buy some high yielding debentures like SEYB, Commercial Credit, etc. Debt instruments are going to be tradable very soon in CSE probably within this month. So I can follow the Business model of CFVF in addition to owning them.

You got my point and explained it nicely than me
Last time I started to collect it @ 9/- . Next qtr it reported an EPS closer to 9/- !.

Commercial Credit is giving 20% bonds unsecured .
Few years ago, people had bitter experience with Vanik unsecured debentures.

8Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:15 pm

WildBear

@chinwi, I think debt instrument trading is going to be interested than ever! I got to know that from next week onwards bonds can be traded just as stocks, This will create them more liquid , how ever there would be greater demand as well,probably more than equity at CSE, the reason is , large institutions like Insurance companies,pension funds,mutual fund tend to heavily invest in debt instruments but only few billions of debts are listed at the moment.I think those players will tend to buy listed debt than private debt in coming years,So Im bullish on high yield debts with reasonable credit worthiness, and in this sense, SEYB debentures are safer than the Commercial Credit though their rate is 21%

9Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 am

smallville

smallville

WildBear wrote:So Im bullish on high yield debts with reasonable credit worthiness, and in this sense, SEYB debentures are safer than the Commercial Credit though their rate is 21%

Why COCR debt issue giving the higher int rate is not attractive?

As a financial institute, COCR is ahead of SEYB imo..

10Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:29 pm

WildBear

smallville wrote:
WildBear wrote:So Im bullish on high yield debts with reasonable credit worthiness, and in this sense, SEYB debentures are safer than the Commercial Credit though their rate is 21%

COCR rate is very attractive, but this reminds me Vanik Debentures. Im not impressed with top shareholders as well.

11Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

WildBear wrote:
smallville wrote:

COCR rate is very attractive, but this reminds me Vanik Debentures. Im not impressed with top shareholders as well.

කොමර්ෂල් ක්‍රෙඩිට් කිව්වම ඔලුවට එන්නේ කොමර්ෂල් බැංකුවට සම්බන්ධ එකක් බවයි. එයින් අමතර (ව්‍යාජ) ආරක්ෂාකාරී හැඟීමක් දැනෙනවා.
ඉංග්‍රීසි වචනයක් නිසා භාවිතය පාලනය කිරීමක් ද කළ නොහැකියි.
කොමර්ෂල් බැංකුව පටන් ගන්න කාලේ එම නම දානකොට මෙච්චර බැංකු ඇතිවේයැයි සිතන්නට නැතුව ඇති.
ද ෆිනෑන්ස් සමාගමටත් උනේ මේ වැනි දෙයක්.

12Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Empty Re: Sudden Interest on Bank Sector Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:58 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

The way things going show me over 6000,banks should lead if so..
COMB may reach 120 quickly :O

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum