FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit Post
STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» TOP 10 Dividend Stocks
by PROPRITER Today at 11:48 pm

» Losing GSP+: Petty political revenge or Sri Lanka's economy?
by madukp Today at 11:33 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by ADVENTUS Today at 9:44 pm

» Understanding inflation and share prices.
by KavinduTM Today at 9:21 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by SAGA Today at 6:56 pm

» LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Today at 5:47 pm

» CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000)
by SAGA Today at 2:19 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by arunaupendra Today at 1:49 pm

» Shadow Portfolio of a leading HNWI
by madukp Today at 1:28 pm

» CSE Crossings for the week
by Pradeep90 Today at 12:53 pm

» Sri Lanka fuel prices after revision
by SAGA Today at 10:32 am

» How did PSX perform in the aftermath of EU resolution to review Pakistan's GSP+
by samaritan Today at 9:23 am

» Watch: Investing in Asia in the New Normal- Nimal Perera speaks too
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 9:06 pm

» Prime Residencies IPO. Over Priced?
by High-flyer Yesterday at 5:21 pm

» Stocks rose across Asian Markets after China & US agree to push forward trade, investment ties
by J-CAT Yesterday at 1:28 pm

» Be willing to take action toward your goals every day. You only lose when you give up.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 10:31 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:55 am

» Lifting of travel restrictions on Monday 14th to boost investor sentiment at CSE
by ADVENTUS Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:47 pm

» Hayleys Group Bull Run in the CSE Over??
by judecroos Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:47 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:59 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute


Submit Post

CHRONICLE ANALYTICS
All Share Index (ASI), S&P, Milanka Price Index (MPI), Moving Averages and all other analytical graphs and charts

Contribute

Twitter Feeds

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » UK's credit rating downgraded from AAA to AA1 by Moody's

UK's credit rating downgraded from AAA to AA1 by Moody's

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
George Osborne says decision is 'stark reminder of the debt problems facing our country'

George Osborne has insisted Britain will not "run away" from its problems after Moody's downgraded the country's AAA credit rating.

The chancellor said the coalition was determined to stick by its plan for economic recovery after the rating was lowered by a notch to AA1.

The agency warned that "subdued" growth prospects and a "high and rising debt burden" were weighing on the economy. But Osborne said the loss of the gold-plated status did not mean the government should change course.

"Tonight we have a stark reminder of the debt problems facing our country – and the clearest possible warning to anyone who thinks we can run away from dealing with those problems," he said.

"Far from weakening our resolve to deliver our economic recovery plan, this decision redoubles it.

"We will go on delivering the plan that has cut the deficit by a quarter, and given us record low interest rates and record numbers of jobs."

The statement from Moody's highlights the problems the weak medium-term economic outlook poses for deficit reduction plans.

It now expects the "period of sluggish growth" to "extend into the second half of the decade".

"The main driver underpinning Moody's decision to downgrade the UK's government bond rating to AA1 is the increasing clarity that, despite considerable structural economic strengths, the UK's economic growth will remain sluggish over the next few years due to the anticipated slow growth of the global economy and the drag on the UK economy from the ongoing domestic public and private sector deleveraging process," the agency said.

"Moody's says that the country's current economic recovery has already proven to be significantly slower – and believes that it will likely remain so – compared with the recovery observed after previous recessions, such as those of the 1970s, early 1980s and early 1990s."

Osborne said: "As the rating agency says, Britain faces huge challenges at home from the debts built up over many, many years, and it is made no easier by the very weak economic situation in Europe.

"Crucially for families and businesses, they say that 'the UK's creditworthiness remains extremely high' thanks in part to a 'strong track record of fiscal consolidation' and our 'political will'.

"They also make it absolutely clear that they could downgrade the UK's credit rating further in the event of 'reduced political commitment to fiscal consolidation'.

"We are not going to run away from our problems, we are going to overcome them."

The downgrade is a major blow for Osborne, who has been coming under increasing pressure to take action to stimulate the economy.

The chancellor has used maintaining the top credit rating for government bonds as one of the key arguments for the austerity programme.

However, Labour has insisted that withdrawing demand from the economy has put it more at risk by stunting growth.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/feb/22/uk-credit-rating-downgraded-moodys

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Can you remember when our rating was down graded by an international Agency(Stranded & poor?)What our Centrel bank and Govt media said about the rating

Pl compare and understand our level

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Can you remember when our rating was down graded by an international Agency(Stranded & poor?)What our Centrel bank and Govt media said about the rating

Pl compare and understand our level

Our level is well known all over the world, patrotisim mask safe guarding our leaders, their blind followers and the politicised government servants to certain extend.

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Redbulls wrote:
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Can you remember when our rating was down graded by an international Agency(Stranded & poor?)What our Centrel bank and Govt media said about the rating

Pl compare and understand our level

Our level is well known all over the world, patrotisim mask safe guarding our leaders, their blind followers and the politicised government servants to certain extend.
But fortunately that patriosism mask reveals the wolf under the sheep skin.....So most of us know when some sheeps seems to cry for so called benefit of our country it is actually the wolf angrily and desperatly barks under that sheep skin.

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Whitebull wrote:
@Redbulls wrote:
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Can you remember when our rating was down graded by an international Agency(Stranded & poor?)What our Centrel bank and Govt media said about the rating

Pl compare and understand our level

Our level is well known all over the world, patrotisim mask safe guarding our leaders, their blind followers and the politicised government servants to certain extend.
But fortunately that patriosism mask reveals the wolf under the sheep skin.....So most of us know when some sheeps seems to cry for so called benefit of our country it is actually the wolf angrily and desperatly barks under that sheep skin.

Hope when you were posting the comment, you were sitting in front of the mirror. lol!

Whitebull


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Redbulls wrote:
@Whitebull wrote:
@Redbulls wrote:
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Can you remember when our rating was down graded by an international Agency(Stranded & poor?)What our Centrel bank and Govt media said about the rating

Pl compare and understand our level

Our level is well known all over the world, patrotisim mask safe guarding our leaders, their blind followers and the politicised government servants to certain extend.
But fortunately that patriosism mask reveals the wolf under the sheep skin.....So most of us know when some sheeps seems to cry for so called benefit of our country it is actually the wolf angrily and desperatly barks under that sheep skin.

Hope when you were posting the comment, you were sitting in front of the mirror. lol!
Ofcourse not...my monitor is a normal one Razz Razz Razz

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum